Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 74 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

:hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Dragged to Tesco to find a phone case for Mrs...went walkabout....

Bought a nice issue of Octane with the story of the Italian Job Miura in it.

Found a Hot Wheels 007 S1 Esprit in the "basket" first dip

Found a new peanut cookie flavour Ben & Jerrys on half price

Lounging on the couch with the dog on my knee watching Frasier....best evening ever? At 47 it's starting to feel like it!

• Like 2

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

Well thats the M100 wheels fitted to the cosmetically challenged one and Mrs W s happy with her baby, whats your opinion guys, see before and after. Next job is a lick of paint in two weeks time so should start to look a bit better. Also advised Mrs W that I am not spending anymore on her little toy this year as the S4 is being seriously ignored, she even pinched my chrome Lotus valve caps today.

post-12149-0-97633700-1427737673.jpg

post-12149-0-43403100-1427737717.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Liking that a lot - I must say I like the wheels in the top picture!! Oh and I love that black esprit hiding in the background

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The Black Esprit is a rather nice Dark Grey metallic V8, looks Black in the pissing rain. Mrs W is happy someone likes the new wheels. So is my pocket Lol. Not to bad though, spotlessly clean with two almost new rear tyres ToYo Proxes T1R's so all I had to do was get another pair for the front. She does handle better with them on. Wheels cost £225 delivered and another £120 for the two new tyres fitted and balanced.

Defo the new wheels.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Have to admit that never thought it looked right on the old ones.  :secret: Worth the money.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Can't you set your phone to disallow certain numbers though?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Defo the new wheels.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Have to admit that never thought it looked right on the old ones.   :secret: Worth the money.

Yep Allan, we both agree, the 17" ones were what she came with, I recon I was very lucky getting the new ones as they seem to be very scarce and well worth the price. Next big spend is a coat of paint to reduce the cosmetically challenged ones appearance, then maybe get the electric's looked at, anyone ever had any issues with a lazy starter on an M100. The battery is good and holding ful charge but she is very slow to turn over, although she always starts, I have checked all the earths I could find.

Haven't moved, started or done anything to the gold Excel in c 5 months. Put jump leads on from the daily driver, allowed 20 seconds for fuel pump to move fuel (and that's old as well) and fill carb bowls, turned the key and it fired straight away. Wow the old Lotus cars are unreliable and troublesome.

Reflecting on yesterdays drive and the car park space at the hotel :) 300 miles and over 6 hours in the Elise yesterday and a chunk of traffic jams, it was so much more comfortable than I exepected it to be, so that's 1250 miles in 18 days of ownership, the run service is next week..... But what an addictive car to drive :)

009fde2cf3ea4933b6b46a4950a1cb0f_zpsxyyw

• Like 1

You didn't want anybody to open a car door and damage the Lotus?

I didn't :)

I'd have parked across a white Line just to be safe - it might get busy later

LOL, I moved it as I could also see it from the window :)

• Gold FFM

Driven to get supplies.......

My lad says - wish we still had the triumph....

Took the glass roof out, windows down .....rrrrrrroooar

Now sat with a pint glass of ice......full of peach schnapps .. Barbecue on

Life is good

• Like 2

Only here once

This:

Felt absolutely fantastic to be back behind the wheel again.

• Like 2

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Been working on the garage today.....

Before

post-18482-0-44055100-1428420805.jpg

After

post-18482-0-01123000-1428420876.jpg

Can now get that two post lift fixed In once I've done to concrete......excited

Making space in the stable for later in the yea

Only here once

Picking 2 nags at random by pulling a number out of the hat in the Grand National sweepstake on board the rig and coming 1st and 3rd :thumbsup:  :guitar:  :guitar:  :scared:  :bounce:   120 Euro happier. 

Only problem is due off on Wednesday with a bunch of 15 lads and they now expect their leader to buy all the beer at the airport and that can be a lot after 4 dry weeks in a warm climate!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  It would be rude not to! - and I'd get lynched.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

First Run Of 2015 for the Lotus. Started up first turn of the key, all the needles pointed to the right numbers, the cooling system reservoir was at a sensible level, ran like a bird...and hadn't had a finger put on her since I got back here last year!! HAVE to change the front upper balljoints, rubber boots are U/S, (those are in stock in my stores)...will be interesting with the present state of the left arm, recovering from a shoulder dislocation 3 months back.

Managed to get into her no problem...duff arm is compensated for by a couple of stones less weight...driving was OK, except the arm is not happy slotting the gearlever into first and second. Once in the 3,4,5 mode it's fine...but the push away needed for 1&2 has left the shoulder a trifle unhappy. Fortunately, autoroutes are just cruising....(!) Set off for the supermarché and some petrol...Managed to get out of her as well!!

Then I stuck some fuel in her. 98 octane zero ethanol Super...€1.41 a litre, which at the rate I got when I last shifted money comes out to about £1.00 !!! So the running costs are fine (over here, at any event).
Getting back in was more eventful. I forgot what car it was and tried the Volvo technique....where I sit in and then swing the legs round. The Lotus is a tincey bit lower...so sitting down came as a rude shock..but not as rude as the headstrike on the top of the door opening!! Biffed the back of the bonce significantly....luckily didn't bite through my tongue....

After that I drove back. In flight test mode I went through all the things one needs to ensure...the wastegate is working nicely, limits her to about 5 to 6 psi, which is low (should be nearer 8) but means she is never stressed, and goes more than fast enough anyway. Ammeter, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, all very sane. Speedo is bouncing all over the place...I have a spare cable for it but fitting is a bugger and I generally use the GPS anyway. Brakes are like running into feather pillows with a concrete centre....all in all, seems spot on. Once she has cooled off a bit, I shall change and give her a wee wash. And polish. And polish the wheels, too...
Perhaps!

BLOODY lovely day.......made a change from machining and polishing the brass on the boat!!  Looks like all is set for the Goodwood Festival of Speed...should be in the Performance Car Park on the Sunday.....   

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I have not drunk alcohol for nearly a week now (Damn it's hard). I've been to the gym the last 3 days, the sun is shining and I am going out for an 8 course dinner tonight for my Sons 18th birthdays (no I won't be drinking).

Overall, I feel awesome! Tomorrow I may feel a little full!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer