Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 83 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Daughter in law discharged from Addenbrookes today 1 week after a kidney transplant

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Great to meet you and Wendy at the Ace last night John. Especially enjoyed the marshal (not) assisting you with parking! 

Did the scampi taste better with tartare sauce and (match your car) lemon?

Dave.

Well the epic trip with the Yellow Peril has ended on a happy note. 1,489 faultless miles with Wendy. It all started with our drive down to Brands where was used as a stand prop for our car insurers (AIB) with a couple of very nice girls who were both professional models and a great laugh, they even tried to convert Wendy. She has handled all the London traffic, ( the car that is ) she had her photograph taken by the Thames, in Richmond park, has driven through all the posh spots of London, had her picture taken dozens of times by tourists. She was left behind Victoria coach station for a night and found to be unmolested in the morning, mind you she was parked among all the porkers, BMW's, Bentley's etc to name but a few so she was in good company. She turned up at Brooklands for a day and again was parked near the rich and famous from Bahrain of all places.

But I must thank Mrs Wendy Walsh for a brilliant weeks holiday trip with the very best of company and the Lord of The Dance show was fantastic. Dangerous Games, if you get a chance it is a must see. Thanks Chucks.

Liked but "There was a problem storing my reputation vote".

Sound like you had a great time and uneventful. I take it you are home now?

PS Just checked the original post and my Like has been registered.

• Gold FFM

Hi Brian, yes we made it home late last night so the post was a bit disjointed as so many of the guys had asked that we let them know when we got back safe and sound. We had a fantastic week, met some great people and made a fair few new friends and not all Lotus. Wendy certainly pushed the boat out for my birthday week and as I said it was brilliant, thanks Chucks, I am not even going to consider looking at the ban balance on that one. We have loads of photographs which we will sort out and post later.

Thanks to all who were at Brands and made it such a great event, even Bib's was polite and thanked us for helping out with the parking, :unworthy: . We visited Mercedes World while at Brooklands and came across about 15 cars all with Bahrain registration plates and tucked away in the middle of all the Lambo's and Ferrari's was one very smart Exige, not sure what it was all in aid of but they were all covered in stickers like the Gumball run. 

• Like 1

I am happy this day because today  I signed the rent agreement for a new garage to store the Elite S2;  still local, £30 a month cheaper, dry...and best of all,  not on a slope which catches the front spoiler and makes any movement out of the garage a pain without a ramp .... the first step to getting the MOT back and putting her on the road for the first time since last November !    

• Like 1

This could go one of two ways but I see this as VERY positive that I am still here to talk about it.

At the beginning of the month I began my business and have started trading.... a few days later.... nearly didn't have time to say goodbye.

On a day out to Craigievar castle we saw a biker come a cropper on the B993 between kemnay and monymusk, with this fresh in the memory an hour later on the way back from Alford we were travelling cautiously under the speed limit.

Heading back towards kemnay on a clear bright day down a straight road we were suddenly confronted with a 4x4 that had pulled out in an attempt to overtake a line of traffic, needless to say he wasn't going to do it in the short space available and we had no chance to avoid him hitting us.

I pulled over as hard as far as we could and braked as hard as possible yet the idiot still accelerated into us at speed.

The result is as follows:

IMG_0841_zpsq6innwab.jpg

IMG_0844_zpsfurbgdx5.jpg

IMG_0847_zps7mg3iepi.jpg

IMG_0849_zpsyoqx1h8r.jpg

IMG_0854_zps0xazqwxv.jpg

IMG_0885_zpsbtc8eknz.jpg

That is a tyre track up the bonnet as well.  :detective:  :shock:

The force of the impact shoved us into the ditch and the 4x4 launched off of us and onto one of the cars that he was attempting to overtake.

Despite the best attempts of the idiot in the 4x4 to take us out in the process of his suicidal overtake we are still here walking and talking so I consider this a very good month!  Somebody was on our side that day. :vava:

Edited by Fueltheburn
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yep. Most definitely good to get away with that one. Don't suppose you had cctv camera rolling to get these idiots a very long ban.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

You can never account for the idiot.  Thankfully you are here to tell the tale as you say.  Even the seagull shitting on your car in Aberdeen on a grey wet day like today will seem just fine right now.  A testament to airbags and crash structures I guess :unworthy:  although surprised your GF managed to hit the windscreen with a seat belt on.  Did her airbag not go off then although it looks like it did.

Did the Muppet who caused t have anything to say for himself or was he taken away to Hospital?  :realmad:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

You were both very lucky indeed, it must have been terrifying.

• Gold FFM

Any day you are breathing and vertical has to be a good one. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The man in the 4x4 was still in it whilst I was taking the photos, he had to be cut out but he is still here also.  My sympathy ends there.

I had to take the photos left handed because my right arm wasn't working.

His comments to the  were  :busted cop:  that he was late for a meeting :driving::rant:

Bearing in mind the road behind us was empty, he could have waited 20 seconds....you have to question what goes through some peoples heads :question:

Airbags all went off and seatbelts well and truly tested.  Can't really explain why she still hit the windscreen?? 

3 weeks on and the bruising from the seat belt has only just disappeared.  I would hate to think how that would have ended if I hadn't pulled over into the verge

BUT hey we are still here and yet another day that made me happy :happy dance:........Damn you Aberdeen seagulls! :popo:

• Gold FFM

Gees Kieran, close enough that one, glad to hear you are both ok though, even the Seagulls could crap on you that day and it would smell nice.

• Gold FFM

Well happy bunny today, my VW T4 has come back from the paint shop and looking good in her new coat of white paint. New decals on her today and she is looking like a real camper again and bloody good for a 96 van. Mind you she came with a good history, only 53k kilometers and one owner from new and NO rust anywhere, paint was required as she had loads of little dents and I wanted her to look as good as she obviously was. All the units are now fitted and professionally done, she is lined, insulated, had her electrics all completed and fully carpeted. Now just to source a good rock and roll bed and she is ready for the high roads of Europe. Our ultimate plan is a long drive to Turkey, a drive to far, mmm.

• Gold FFM

What made me happy today?

Not a lot, unless you regard sitting in A&E for 5 hours as some sort of fun. Went over on my left foot walking across an uneven lorry park in the early hours. It hurt like the proverbial at the time then the pain subsided so I got on with what I was doing then drove the 100 miles home a few hours later.

I have to say that the clutch on the Evora did seem a tad heavier than usual but it wasn't until I removed my shoe and my foot 'exploded', both in size and pain level, that I realised I might have a problem.

Good news is no bones broken. Bad news is that just about everything else surrounding the bones is. 10 days with foot elevated then gentle exercise for a few days thereafter - I suppose washing and polishing the car ahead of the Ingliston Revival meet could count as that? :whistle:

I had so much I needed to do over the next 2 weeks, this enforced 'holiday' was the last thing I needed.

post-15502-0-12403500-1440870875.jpg

Needing to go to a family function about 60 miles away,

Taking a punt on the weather, and turning the drive into a 300 mile jaunt thru the hills. In the eleven of course.

Having a car that you can just jump into, and drive for half a day without a care in the world, cruising around corners at illegal speeds, but a big grin regardless.

Temp of ten degrees max, no heater, no screen, no radio, just a big bucket of fun

Edited by reebok

• Gold FFM

@ Bibs

Tiny motorbike? It feels like it's been run over by a Challenger tank! Lasting impression of the weave of my sock, which was so tight it had to be cut off.

I looked at the other thread but after your last post in there anything else seemed to pale into insignificance, so thought I'd slip in here for now with a 'reverse' post, :whistle:.