Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 95 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Clear blue skies and sun here John - a beautiful morning. I think the best measure of a successful drive will be if i use 2, or 3 tanks of fuel. Obviously the more used, the more successful the drive experience :driving:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

It's snowing heavy here now with sunshine !! so count on 4 at least. Enjoy the run.

ELO - Went to see ELO at the O2 last night. Awesome performance supported by The Feeling. Great night. 

Now off for a cheeky 2 Michelin star lunch at The Square. Don't mind if I do!

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM

Step son now been working in a large national parts and accessories store for a year and has been given a staff discount card. £13.00 off 5Lt of Mobil 1 oil. I say that makes me happy today.

Replaced the puncture on my Esprit and went for a drive.

Found another Excel that lives only 1/2 mile away from me - owner out when I knocked on the door.

Thanks for the heads up on the run John, I'll try to make it along and say hello.

I was hoping to have some dashcam footage of your car, unfortunately, I'd only just bought the dashcam and I must have set it up wrong, it didn't record that part of my journey. No surprise really, I'm a bit of a technophobe, I'm just not interested enough in electronic gizmos to be bothered reading the instructions:cry:.

I was impressed by how clean your engine was running, never even a hint of smoke and your suspension set up was nice and soft but not wallowy, It really is a stunning car, would be a worthy addition to any supercar collection, but better still, it yours and you actually drive it.

As for what made me happy today, I fell asleep on the sofa, woke up thinking it was Sunday night and I'd better get to bed for work tomorrow, Yey! it's still Saturday:P

• Gold FFM

Haha, well done twin. technophobe is my middle name.I also had one set up in the car for the first time and got a lovely view of my wives legs. The Yellow Peril is in constant use as I dont believe in having them sitting about doing nothing, better to run them. I restore Lotus as a hobby and this is my No12. previously had S4 Turbo, another S3, half a dozen Eclat's and Excel's, an Elise S1 and currently looking at another S3 N/A. It would be great if you can manage to come along to the run if only for an intro. I work overseas and am due away again early tomorrow morning but ping me a private message by clicking on my avatar and I can put you in touch with several guys who run exotics like yours and do regular runs etc.

John.

2 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Haha, well done twin. technophobe is my middle name.I also had one set up in the car for the first time and got a lovely view of my wives legs. 

John.

John - now now. Your are back in the UK and only allowed one Wife here at a time!  However, bloody well done on getting more than one in an Esprit mate! :)

Well after yesterdays drive, you can keep the M74 and M6 and stick up someone's ..........  A7 from Edinburgh to Carlisle was superb and then a great B road from Carlisle to Penrith,then the A6 down - absolutely beautiful roads just made for the Evora.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Getting a notice of prosecution in for speeding in the Evora on the 23rd of this month in the post. Why did it make me happy? Well, on reading it properly it was my OLD Evora that I traded in months ago. So yay for me, boo for her new owner.

• Like 1

That begs the question from the US. Why does the registration stay with the vehicle? As you may know in the US the reg changes with owners here. I can't even add my wife's name to the ownership papers without having to re register the vehicle and that would mean I'd have to get an orange plate vs the nice white with blue plate. (In NY I could keep the same number paying extra, but the plate color change would be mandated because the older plate color was superseded a few years back ). I could see that we have more steps involved (paperwork/plates) but on the good side, offences track the owner.

Just curious

Edited by comem47

That's a whole new topic, Bob. Why do the British insist the number plate shows the year of registration, thereby giving tow peak-sales months per year and wasting a load of registration numbers?  Why can't you have the registration you want if no one already has it and at a reasonable price?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Over here you can have any plate you want (provided it isn't already issued and passes the restricted/profanity filter if you pay the "vanity" plate fee, 

There is a website to see how your plate would look and see if it's available.    Have a go   https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/platespersonalized/

How much do personalized plates cost?

Passenger and Commercial Plates:
Initial Cost = $60.00
Annual Fee = $31.25

Motorcycle Plates:
Initial Cost = $35.00
Annual Fee = $18.75

In this example BIBS was not available but this one was

bibs.JPG

Edited by comem47

I cleaned out my garage over the course of 3 days to prepare for upcoming projects, toys and events.  The pile of junk filled an entire truck!!  No, I am not a horder, dont judge me.. lol..   old shelves and workbenches built by the previous home owner were a big part of it.  It feels great to have everything fresh and new!!!  Now I am really motivated!!!  yay!!   ( and if the 400 makes it stateside...  plenty of room now. )  

;-)

• Like 1

Made me happy to take a good fast(-ish) drive some 670 kilometers in the Esprit today. Performed speedily and perfect too. Now in need for a sponge and a bucket of soapwater ;)  I can add, that the Sport300 seats are very comfortable, giving no pain or discomfort on to my skinny stature.

Not bad for a handbuilt 26 year old British sportscar ;)

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

What made me happy today. Seing all you guys having a great weekend at Brooklands. But seriously peed off that I had to miss it.

I got a new daily driver.  An unusual beast that has gone unloved its whole life. Sitting in the back of the new car dealer lot was a 2015 Ford Mustang...  but not just any old pony..  No no..  This was a Roush Stage3 number plated limited build car.  Somehow it got forgotten about and my hint of moderate interest was all it took for them to drop big bucks off the price ,  offer 0% for 72 months financing, and toss in a few other dealer-add goodies!  It is no Evora 400, but it has all the creature features like air conditioned seats.  In the performance department it has a whopping 670HP  (now upgradable to 727 HP), race-grade coil overs, extra-wide 20" shoes, and Brembo brakes.  Final price was under half the Evora 400 too.   I still look forward to the Evora 400 when it comes, but now I have a fun power house to toss around..  ( a pony that finally has an independent rear suspension too!)

Edited by hyteck9
  • Like 2

As a follow on to yesterdays what made you unhappy.  Green flag came out, pumped the unleaded out put some diesel in and fired it up.  It ran like a bag of spanners until the fuel had cleared the injectors and now seems to run fine.  Will replace  the filter on Tuesday and see what condition the inside is in.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Heart's beating. :) 

It's the simple things.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

You are so right

Parents are down staying near us at the moment. Had a 2.30am knock on door Thursday morning from Dad. "Mums had a heart attack she's in Hospital"  Then a 3am phone call from hospital Friday morning saying back in surgery and asking us to come.

Fighting well and winning at the mo ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

That's not nice at all - fingers crossed for you.

my planning appeal was validated and now I have a timeframe for my barns appeal. 

Site notice turned up yesterday for the application to convert another one of the outbuildings.......... Unfortunately that's where the cars presently live - so I thinks I'm gonna need a nice new garage....

• Like 2

Only here once