Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 98 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Had a guy in and Audi ttrs nod and stick his thumb up today.

puzzles me that - why someone with such great taste would drive an utterly dross dull car?

Only here once

16 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Driving my Esprit today and someone gave me the thumbs up.  Hasn't happened in 10 years or more in my Esprit, so made me happy.

However, I get the thumbs up in my Mustang ever 5 minutes and less.  No kidding.  Wish more people liked the Esprit.  Maybe I should have posted this in what makes me unhappy.

I totally know what you are talking about.  I bought this RS3 Mustang and the props come daily.  I am in a rather strange if not awkward position were the onlookers know more about my car than I do. ( It just seemed like heavily discountad horsepower nobody wanted to me.  :-P. Thought it might be fun to toss around. )  The  Lotus Espit V8 mostly drew tilted heads from the uninitiated.

..Not sure which want..  praise or intreague.  ;-)

12 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Had a guy in and Audi ttrs nod and stick his thumb up today.

puzzles me that - why someone with such great taste would drive an utterly dross dull car?

Obviously an hairdresser Barry. TTs are the new MX-5s.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

At a car show today, couple of cars along was a Fiat Abarth. With four tailpipes. He turned it on and revved it a bit to impress an inquisitive chap. Unfortunately I could not help myself and felt it necessary to demonstrate the 400's rasp,

Even the show organiser, a TVR owner, commented on it. Not the first TVR owner to like it either, and they do get spoiled for good noise.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Had an electric smart meter fitted today - the fitter was an absolute :censored:, used the back wing of my Esprit to put his stuff on, not impressed - but I am now the self appointed house blackboard electricity monitor, electricity bill for today is 37 pence. Just wait, tomorrow will be even cheaper, especially once I have hidden all the light bulbs. Oooo the power!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Bibs said:

:thumbup: Good luck with it :D

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Finally confirmed today - I'll be out of a job by the end of the year.  Yes, it's in the happy section as I'm sick of the doom and gloom in the place and am seriously thinking of doing penturning and going back to cars on a grander scale for a final few years.  :)

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Oxy and acetylene bottles came today......

22 bolts out of the mower heads - just another 33 to go :animier:

got a feeling them there bottles are gonna be useful on the esprit  

56 minutes ago, march said:

Had an electric smart meter fitted today - the fitter was an absolute :censored:, used the back wing of my Esprit to put his stuff on, not impressed - but I am now the self appointed house blackboard electricity monitor, electricity bill for today is 37 pence. Just wait, tomorrow will be even cheaper, especially once I have hidden all the light bulbs. Oooo the power!

Led bulbs chap - change them all - will save you a fortune !! 

If you haven't already - get some Pv panels up as well 

Only here once

8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

If you haven't already - get some Pv panels up as well 

Already got them - hence the low electricity usage. - got them when the tariffs were first launched so get paid about £2000.00 a year for our leccie production, it all goes to keeping the cars on the road.

8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Led bulbs chap - change them all - will save you a fortune !! 

Already started, according to the smart meter I need a LED kettle, not found one yet.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Wouldn't a LEaD kettle melt when it gets hot? :getmecoat: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

well, my newly bought led bulbs for out lamps in the living room, blew up and burnt. Smelled real bad. Guess where they were made?

On a positive side, I was happy today as I dound out that the fpr on my Esprit can be dissasembeled real easy.

On the other hand, I had to go to Work, so no time for fun Work on the Esprit ;)

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

Well got back from the hols at 0600 this morning so been a bloody long day/night only to find the new project arrives at 1300 hrs. Quandary now is, do I keep her, get her up and running to a reasonable standard, then sell her. Or just pass her on as is and get some coins back in the piggy bank for what could be a long holiday. 3 Lotus to look after and run plus the daily hack and the motor home. Some serious thinking to be done in the next few hours. Anyone looking for a reasonable SE at reasonable money. Been off the road in storage for about 7 years, needs headlining. Clutch slave cylinder. rear exhaust refitting. A replacement carpet. Drivers side door lock and a few other minor details. Has full leather interior which only requires a bloody good clean. Engine and box are both good and she has all new tires. Any suggestions before I try and make mind up what I am going to do with her. 1990 in Mediterranean Blue none metallic.

Afternoon John

Good to see another one in the area but sad that circumstances beyond your control may be moving it on.

Got some slave cylniders in recently if that helps.. I can get it up to a better standard in my time off in the next few months if that helps?

If you put it on to the excelnet forum it would be appreciated as there are currently a few in search of late model excels.  

Cheers

Kieran

• Gold FFM

Hi Kieran. She is due to be delivered later today so will investigate the fault then let you know about the cylinder, but I recon thats the problem.

I am due back on land next week which is when I am looking at removing the dog parlour so will have more room indoors.

Let me know what you are up to as I will have an extended time off in august and september where I will be kicking heels so to speak.

When I am back you can chuck it over the pit if that is any help?

• Gold FFM

Cheers Kieran. Need to get her running under her own steam first, starts no problem but the clutch pedal is on the floor and the brakes are sticking a bit. Had her running and the water pump seems to be holding ok and no other visible leeks. She will need a bit of fettling and a tune up with the obvious belts change etc then take it from there.