Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 35 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

Don't recall ever seeing a pic of the Essex-liveried Type 88 with the Essex Esprit, so here one created in 1/18 scale! I think there are some of the Essex-liveried Type 81 with the Esprit.

Esprit-Lotus88-essex.jpg

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• 2 weeks later...

@Leigh Greenham - Some insight from a friend who knows the process of making models.

Models are approved by the manufacturers. I know this model goes back to 2011-2012 and was approved by Nick Adams.  It is not always possible to track down owners etc with the development being done in China and over 600 models in development each year.  

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

To be fair, they are making money by manufacturing and selling a model of a car made by Lotus. And they pay Lotus for the rights to do so. How would they even go about contacting the owners of all the cars that they model?

Agreed but if they use a valid number plate, that does belong to someone and they should ask...or use a fake number plate sequence. 

DVLA I believe still 'own' all UK number plates and can 'recall' from any owner if misused. DVLA are perhaps missing a trick in not asking for a royalty from model makers also.

Justin

• Like 1

That is exactly what happened with the AutoArt Essex model when Paul had it Leigh. Paul's son bought one as a Christmas present to his Dad and we couldn't believe it even had No.017 on it! AutoArt never reached out despite us believing they used pics of it from when it was shot for the Esprit Book at Coombe a few years earlier so they would've known who the owner was. Not that anyone but Lotus has the copyright I'd presume but still....... got one too and they seem to be fetching alot more nowadays as well.

Edited by nello

• 3 months later...

A bit of a failure of the Lotus 81 during the Monaco Historique Qualifying session this afternoon, but hopefully will be fixed before tomorrow afternoon's race.  Kerb damage rather than driver error.  Livestream available on YouTube.

Monaco Historique 2022 (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

• 3 weeks later...

Daft as it sounds Leigh I'd never really noticed the twin Union Jack/Monaco flags on the sidepods - Essex really were at home in Montecarlo 😎 image.thumb.png.7320075d5959b2815429b7e5a2601b63.png

Edited by nello

On 02/06/2022 at 11:50, Bazza 907 said:

I just need the rest of the car now..

thumbnail.jpeg

No. 11 was Mario Andretti - looks exactly like the one I sold on Ebay years ago - bought from Team Lotus personnel - rescued from a skip at Ketteringham Hall.    

7 hours ago, Veilside said:

No. 11 was Mario Andretti - looks exactly like the one I sold on Ebay years ago - bought from Team Lotus personnel - rescued from a skip at Ketteringham Hall.    

Hi Steve

It could well be the same. This has runners sandwiched between the boards to enable the ground effect skirts to be raised and lowered.

I bought in on Ebay - If it was yours it's a small world eh? 

On 03/06/2022 at 20:12, Bazza 907 said:

Hi Steve

It could well be the same. This has runners sandwiched between the boards to enable the ground effect skirts to be raised and lowered.

I bought in on Ebay - If it was yours it's a small world eh? 

Hi Barrie, there must have been 2 in the skip the one I sold was just the outer board.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...