Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 29 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

For those that didn't spot - the Volvo Essex truck pic was taken at Ketteringham Hall.

Wasn't sure what it was but the Vosa site reveals Martyn's Essex one is actually a Leyland Leopard and appears to be still registered though is now in JPS colours - is it part Clive's setup anyone know?

(Pic's off Flickr so rights to owner's)

image.png.cf15bbd2cde8e356dd98ca1a155fee0d.png

image.png.c8ea8ea01f5fe978d7c725e2775c0f96.png

....and Colin in the drivers seat!

image.png.6b7d9aca94c940f3ca0da322127d5645.png

Edited by nello

Lotus have just announced the Elise in x4 what they call Heritage Grand Prix colour schemes................including this one! :cool: 

image.thumb.png.d122e429db0efcead5289e77b70d0308.png

image.thumb.png.78859482fe6ed90afdffdac558926f2e.png

image.thumb.png.d4b226e301da76ff26e82f8f6256e950.png

Edited by nello
  • Like 2

I think it looks good. I've said it before and I'll say it again - nearly every period magazine I have read that references David Thieme and the Essex colour scheme always call it 'Garish.' Its a label that stuck. Yes he may have looked a bit like a Bond Villain and wore dodgy hats and sunglasses but the man had taste and I still think the colours look superb - run a very close second only to the JPS liveries to me in the all-time best (in fact there I days i think it looks better still!)

On 05/05/2020 at 10:10, colinsays said:

As far as I know the JAH1L, was restored by Simon Hatfield and he still owns it.

By the way...its seats came from a Lotus Europa Special

Sure this was at the Club Lotus Donnington Show, can't remember what year, early 90's ?

36 minutes ago, nello said:

Lotus have just announced the Elise in x4 what they call Heritage Grand Prix colour schemes................including this one! :cool: 

image.thumb.png.d122e429db0efcead5289e77b70d0308.png

image.thumb.png.78859482fe6ed90afdffdac558926f2e.png

image.thumb.png.d4b226e301da76ff26e82f8f6256e950.png

Nice....very nice!

I really like this and hats of to Lotus drawing on some heritage and what made them great. Good marketing and shows they listen to the fans 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for posting Neil, they all look nice on the website 👍🏻😍

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

A ‘stray’ JPS banner from 84 GP weekend at Brands nearly went the same way....until,  in the dead of night (Saturday) i found someone sleeping in it!! ☹️

That wasn't you was it? 😂

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hopefully the original poster is on here and will add but some great photos of 008 have emerged on the Esprit Group on FB 

Edited by nello
  • Like 1

Hi Neil, I had another look at the history of 008 out of interest after seeing this subject resurface on Facebook and nearly all of the photo's and information I had on file has been posted under Essex Random Images here on the Forums. 

What we need is a new topic for "Essex Random Images" for everyone to focus on and I've one in mind.

This is more for the "senior" members on the Forums who can remember 1982 - so here we go.

Back in 1982 around May time Essex 015 HRD 7 was traded in at Bell & Colvil and since then in 38 years has never resurfaced so where is it ?

No records are held by B & C regarding the new registration number it assumed once HRD 7 had been removed, it would have been a W reg. as 015 was first registered with HRD 7 from new in 1980.

Without the new reg. no. issued by DVLA to replace HRD 7 (data protection rules), it's not possible to do a vehicle check. 

Here's some idea's, an Essex was involved in a accident on the B169, "The Ridgeway" Chingford sometime after being traded in at B &C, was this 015 ? 

If it was then it was very badly damaged on the drivers side, it hit a tree, the driver/owner survived but is no longer around.

As this was an expensive car back in the day you would have thought it would have been rebuilt it but I rather think if it had it would have resurfaced by now. 

Alternatively lets presume it was never written off or recorded by DVLA, so even if we knew what the new reg. was it might be a dead end. 

If it was a write off you would assume that an insurance company would have been involved and in turn DVLA, was it insured ? 

So here's another alternative, someone bought the salvage and has retained 015's registration documents and salvage ?

Now apparently the key to this might belong with someone who's been on "holiday" for awhile. 

I don't know any names or when he's back off "holiday" so that's another dead end.

So what information is out there if any, hopefully there's some answers or someone who knows something ?

So it's here for everyone to speculate over, was it 015 that hit the tree or is was it another Essex ?

I don't know of any Essex extensively repaired apart form 008.

So in conclusion where is Essex 015 ?