Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What did you get for Christmas? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What did you get for Christmas?

Mark Blanchard

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A HKS SSQV Type 4 cylinder Dump Valve Kit (Chargecooled) (Wife)

A Duel DVD. (Kids)

A BLITZ DTT (Dual Turbo Timer) T/T/DC IV Black. (Mum)

A cleaning kit for the car plus colour wax. (Mother in law)

And also Airbrush Kit, Airbrush Propellant, Leather Repair Kit, Leather Touch Up Kit for the seat's in the S4. (Father in law)

Beats the normal socks.. what I also got.

sig.jpg

The Clarkson Duel DVD including the Evora (just watched) & Evora collapsible umbrella - One of my sons

An Evora Carbon Fibre (look alike) pen & Evora Polo shirt - the other one

More smelly stuff - wife trying to tell me something?

i-Mac 27" with Airport Extreme, Airport Express and Apple TV bits and bobs for better surfing the forum. - lets pretend from Wife as expensive.

New spoiler for the Evora for those that watch that Forum...... Myself. thumbdown.gif

Oh yes - and most importantly - one of Bibs "The Lotus Forums" Lots Of Torque Usually Sideways T shirts.thumbsup.gif

Can anybody see a trend above? cheers.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Slippers from the wife - One size too small

Beatles Rockband Game for XBox 360 from daughter - We only have PS3's in the house (but she got it free from her friend who writes the Video Game section for NYT.)

Subwoofer Amplifier from family - Speakers did not arrive as they were damaged prior to shipment

Godiva Chocolates from Son - Hopefully these are OK.

Its the thought that counts I say!

Merry Chrimbo guys and gals!

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

There is a theme going on here:

Bottle of rum.

Box of chocolates.

Box of chocolate buscuits.

Some rum truffles.

Rugby shirt.

Another box of chocolates.

Bottle of baileys.

A chocolate cake.

Another box of biscuits.

Alan Partridge DVD's.

Another box of chocolates.

Some beer.

Big tin of chocolates.

Some money.

And three duck eggs.

:)

• Gold FFM

A box of chocolates

Some new after shave

Gift voucher for Myers

Bottle of Jack Daniels

DVD's of tv's Home improvement (the Tim Allen sitcom)

Some clothes

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin

Bottle of 10 year old Glanmorangie

Bottle of Remy Martin VSOP

Bottle of 2006 Pauillac

And a copy of the Royal Air Force Souvenir Book 1969 edition....that's the year I decided to join!! Read it cover to cover as soon as I unwrapped it. There is an advertisement from British Aircraft Corporation, contrasting "then" in the 1920's to "now" in the 1960's..part of which reads "Once the need was to police remote frontiers against the uprisings of primitive tribes..." referring to Trenchard's policy of "Air Control" back in the 1920's. Now, 40 years on from the date of this yearbook, we are back in the same place doing the same things!!

Stay safe in the sandpit, troops...and all of us, everywhere!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

digital timing light

leather & canvas tool roll - going to make up a tool kit to carry in the Esprit

Guy Allen MJK Print, #15

original S1 brochure, with the red car

NOS Rear Shocks

none Lotus -

dressing gown

slippers

sweat pants

:)

and the delightful task of killing off some mice that moved into the house while we were away. Nothing like coming home on Christmas Eve to mice poop in the kitchen :) got two of the suckers so far.

1: Halfords Pro 150 piece toolkit

2: Sparco FIA flame proof driving boots

3: Some new bits for my Concept 2 in a bid to make me take up rowing again...

4: Slippers from my Mum!

5 on.... Loads of other little bits and bobs

Happy days... :)

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

A copy the book of "Stephen Fry in America"

A light to read it in the dark.

A couple of neckties. I'm not a great wearer of ties but the one I did have was the one I bought for my interview at Honda 11.5 years ago.

A couple of sweaters and a new shirt.

Box of shortbread biscuits.

A Dilbert desk calendar.

A Dilbert book. I admit I am a bit of a Dilbert fan.

and bunch of odds and ends which we have mainly eaten by now.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Well, Santa bought me;-

Loads of stuff, but the good bits were a HELICOPTER (indoor and outdoor) remote control. Its in black to match my car.

A set of combination imp and metric spanners. AND ratchet spanners, with pivoting handles............cannot wait to play.

Oh and nearly forgot, a DREMMEL and a hugh box of consumables, these should save me some aggrovation, at least I can cut it of now and throw it rather than beating it to death (immoveable rusty nuts that is).

A Good xmas, forgetting the new toys, we have our health, which is the most important thing, ...............oh and an Esprit SE

Dave

• Gold FFM

Christmas, though I was on travel, was still nice...

I received my Christmas gift for my Lotus the same day the recovery company came to take it to the dealership for the repairs from the accident. I had gifted myself a glass sunroof.

I also ended up with the second generation international edition of the Kindle reader. Great! No more lugging about several books whilst I travel. Numerous car detail products and such, the required mock turtlenecks in various colours, also standard travel items, and a set of Speedo water sneakers ( a must as an international poolboy ), some liquid smelly stuff. I also received Jeffrey Walton's " LOTUS ESPRIT The Official Story ". Then the required socks and boxers ( never too old to get away from that...lol )

No to only wait til the dealership has finished with the Lotus repairs....

• 2 weeks later...

I got:

Marshall guitar amp

Car cleaning kit

Tie and cufflinks set

3 Terry Pratchett paperbacks

1 Terry Pratchett hardback

Scalextric (oh, no....that was my boy's) - I did persuade him to buy the Ford Lotus Cortina the other day, rather than the standard Ford Cortina when we bought some extra bits. I think the fact that it was