Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 25 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cheers Pete - Thank you for your kind words. No, they haven't been re-covered. I have re-coloured them myself using Gliptone Scuffmaster, dabbed on with a sponge. They were in pretty good condition, just scruffy and tired. Will attach some 'before' pics later

• Like 1

So nice to see a nice and original interior on an elite/éclat. It was designed by Guigiaro and exudes opulence. 

7 hours ago, EXCEL V8 said:

The results are great - it gives me hope that my interior may be just about restoreable!  Some "before" pics would be good - thanks.

Pete

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_5211.JPG

IMG_5388.JPG

IMG_5392.JPG

IMG_5394.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

Wow. That's quite some transformation. Nice work. Looks like you had some stitching to repair. Did you remove some covers then replace? 

Tony 

Hi Tony. No, i didnt remove anything (mostly on the grounds that i wouldn't have a clue where to start). The stitching was still intact but the leather had torn close to the stitching. I glued a reinforcement strip of leather behind the tear, and then unfilled the gap with Leather filler (also from Gliptone) , then used the recolouring paint over the top.

ps, I also used the filler to infill the cigarette burn.

• Like 1

Thanks for the "before" photos Tim.  My seats are similar to how yours were - possibly a little worse, but I'm encouraged having seen the results you've achieved!

Pete

• Like 1

Good luck, Pete. If you go down the Gliptone Scuffmaster route, get in touch and I'll pass on some observations on what worked well and less well.

Thanks Tim.  It will be some months before I get to the seats - body only just replaced on chassis!  I have been giving them some leather food to try to turn them back from cardboard into leather!

Pete

11 hours ago, phoenix said:

So nice to see an early narrow body excel. Is that Ice blue? Spit looks great too...

Yes, it's Ice Blue. With both cars side by side, the Excel does look quite big compared to the Spit, so I made sure she was to the rear for this picture. Just a bit further down the road and you could see the white cliffs and just make out Dover port. But nowhere to stop for a picture, so we settled for this one.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Love those early wheels on Excel but sadly they are wrong size to retro fit to my 86. 

The wheels fitted to Elite/Eclat are probably my all-time favourite fitted to any car ever. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Just returning to the interior trim, anyone have comparative experience of the Furniture Clinic for leather repair kits? 

I've got a drivers seat in need of serious attention, but am encouraged by these before and afters. Just need to decide on who's repair materials I go for. 

Tony 

Some more photos of your car Paul would be great. :thumbsup: