Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 148 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

21 minutes ago, Bruss said:

3 things the Evora needs to make it an up to date tourer.

Proper climate control.

Decent sound system ( Double din slot size is fine by me, upgradeable then for the HU)

Electric self dipping/shading rear view mirror, how hard can it be? ( answer, easy, I've fitted one)

Cup hoders are for wuss's and children, neither are allowed in my Evora.

I can honestly say that I've never even thought about a self dipping mirror........have I been missing out on something all these years?

I was actually saying to wifey on the way home from work last night that the aircon was too cold in the Evora.  I actually find if it's at least 23/24 degree outside, then it's fine.  If it's cooler, then the aircon feels too cold, without adding heat.

Our Civic has climate control and I must admit that it works really well and generally gets left at 22 degrees.

I don't really want a cup holder as such, but I'd really like some more usable cubby holes or storage spaces.

I actually find the sound system ok at medium volume, but at low volume it sounds a bit poop and lacks depth.  I don't have the sub though, but most of the time I listen to music radio and for what I need, it does the job fine.

Edited by Simon Bateman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My 400’s ac only works when it’s on full cold, and I was advised that the best way to change the temp was the fans speed. And yes it works but ... could be better controlled so I assume it’s the temp sensor but because it’s working, it’s not considered a warranty issue. however it works and it simple and cheap and light.

it’s great he didn’t harp on the Toyota motor, read the spec on them, all aluminium 4bolt cross bolted block with forged internals.

I like Harry are so taken by its capability that no cup holders , aftermarket ICE, etc. aren’t as important as the way it makes you feel when you drive it. 

On 16/07/2019 at 06:02, au-yt said:

My 400’s ac only works when it’s on full cold, and I was advised that the best way to change the temp was the fans speed. And yes it works but ... could be better controlled so I assume it’s the temp sensor but because it’s working, it’s not considered a warranty issue. however it works and it simple and cheap and light.

I think you might find there is no problem and that is just the way the Evora aircon works. After mine failed (twice) shortly after picking the car up from new, it was fully checked out, once fixed, and pronounced good. I normally adjust mine mainly using the temperature adjustment dial and I find it only takes one or two clicks to warm to take the freezing edge off. I normally only have it on fully cold for a short while after leaving the car parked up in the sun and it cools down pretty quickly before I tweak the heat up a bit. It kinda sounds counter intuitive to have to do that but, in essence, that’s pretty much what fully automatic climate control does, mixing the cold and warm air to achieve the desired preset temperature.

That is just how it is without fully automatic climate control. All my other cars have had proper climate control for years now but I don’t find the Evora system as much of a problem as I thought I might. It is what it is and, as you say, is probably lighter than the alternative. 

McLaren's have climate control....it ain't very good, certainly on the early models. It may have improved. I find the Evora pretty good, even when spending all day in the car on a long trip.

Justin 

My Toyota Hilux is analog like the Evora and it is much more variable in the cold range. My guess is the Evora heater is very good and is biased mechanically, ie its not until its set fully on A/C cold that the flap to heater is closed. My Understanding is the Airflow goes through the A/C evaporator to dry the air then through the heater matrix. The Main thing is it does get cold and now I know the idiosyncrasies I can work with it. 

12 hours ago, The Pits said:

Worth watching until the end. Feast your ears on this!

I like that he asks to excuse the wind noise in the opening. Is that because the acceleration is so fierce it's caused him to have an 'underpants' moment? :shock::lol:

Does sound epic. The car that is, not the wind noise! :thumbup:

Went to Cars & Coffee at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan, USA. Never been there before. An amazing place. I would suggest anyone visiting west Michigan who likes cars to visit.

More pics of the event: https://dmdphotographic.pixieset.com/ccgrjuly2019/?fbclid=IwAR3Pef5W5RWulJEQ2jp9iPOUirzleHpZsqL5TLjuFBDb7EsKSjOz4V80fvA

Museum site: https://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

Image18.jpg

Image17.jpg

• Like 1

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

37 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Seat backs look to be partially carbon now in the 2+2 configuration?

In America only I’d expect as they appear to be using the GT430 Seats in their new GT model. Personally think these seats should be used in the GT410 too as they look better than the standard Sparcos........even if they weren’t carbon backed.

1 hour ago, ByJoveByJingle said:

Talk about damning with faint praise. I project, with no solid evidence, that this guy has a weak handshake. 🤪

I could not quite work out the best words to describe the review, but you nailed it👍

My guess he's a journo with no motoring experience. especially when he says its a "small car" that makes Porsche's small and the current certainly are not. He needs to stick to SUVs

Edited by au-yt