Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 196 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

With the original centres, they change shape or shrink with the heat and then won't return to original shape. Is that the same with the material used for the 3d print?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes it is but I'm playing with making the splines that hold them in wider to cope with the heat and expansion , it's a balance between them.being big enough to hold in as the ally expands and the centre flexes with heat and them not going in when cold.... Or I'll just glue the buggers in.

• Haha 1

My favourite in Nottingham was Iberico, in the church basement with the vaulted ceilings.  It might "only" be Tapas but my god it's good (or was, haven't been for a whil due to bloody COVID!)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

First year service plus headlight replaced after the sidelight decided not to work.

it’s so depressing to hear that even the new cars have the same poorly built headlight unit since launch in 2009. 🙄

You mean from the supplier of Aston Martin headlights amongst many other prestigious brands?  The issue is the move to ever more complex LED / Electronics and we all know how electronics can just fail.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Forgot to mention all for the price of £275 can any Sports car manufacturer compete with that? It sure made my day and made paying the bill at the lakeside so much easier.

• Love 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You mean from the supplier of Aston Martin headlights amongst many other prestigious brands?  The issue is the move to ever more complex LED / Electronics and we all know how electronics can just fail.

I know the background. That doesn’t absolve Lotus for not fixing an MOT failure item that manifested itself even before the cars needed an MOT. 

They did fic it, fully and to the owners satisfaction as they replaced the whole unit at their own expense under warranty. Plenty of other owners don't seem to have had the same issue so let's not throw bricks for exceptions eh?

The small print.

• Gold FFM

😆😆 Of course I meant fix the core design/manufacture problem not one headlight. 

As I said, it's the nature of electronics etc. My sons humungous TV (that he bought himself) failed the other night, less than 2 years old. Maybe I should phone Sony and tell them to fix their design/manufacture problem despite loads of others not having a problem :devil: 

The small print.

As rare as a panda in the wild and just as good looking.

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.

Recognise 2 other cars there, looks like James esprit and the other Devonshire Evora GT430.

• Gold FFM

Yes that’s Danny’s 430 but Nicks Turbo Esprit.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Added even more lightness to it today - converted it into a 0+0, :P.

1195773505_Evora00001.thumb.JPG.fde47be63ad6ad345443d3fb61a13eb6.JPG

In reality, I was hoping that the small access panel through the rear bulkhead would let me get at the 1 exhaust manifold retaining nut that I can't seem to get at from any direction but no such luck. I can now see it - just - but still can't get any tools near it, :(. Not only did it not help with this job, it's also thrown up something else to add to my 'to do' list as the fibre/foam insulation layer on the metal heatshield is running with water so I've got a leak somewhere to trace now too, :realmad:.

• Like 2

Not a bad review, I’m not sure if this guy is trying to be smart or funny, see if pick the girlfriend reference....the video is a reasonable review until he starts to ramble...