Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 122 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

17 hours ago, pete said:

does this look a little like an Evora

S1.jpg

I actually think their inspiration was the 2005 Buick Riviera. 

68E4C354-0805-4839-AA83-4CC1B7B8677F.jpeg

Edited by BWex
Add pic

Recently spent some time based in Oban, West Scotland.  We did a fair bit of driving around and this is from the highlight of the whole trip, the A830 from Fort William to Mallaig.

Evora-on-A830.thumb.jpg.aefd3c3c85dac206ed7d25f411bedfb7.jpg

• Like 2

On 30/04/2018 at 10:04, Bibs said:

Took me a while to work out what was strange, you're rear view mirror is gone! 

I didn't like filming the look of blind panic on my face as I went round 😅

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Black Forest Power said:

What a great spring season this year! 😎

101FD8CE-C18C-47EA-8FDB-D5637EF9EA8F.jpeg

Gorgeous. 😎

Although after seeing a GTE for the first time recently - the 430 needs the panel beteen the roof and engine cover to be carbon too.

Why? They are not std carbon the GTE are they?  I only know of 1 that has a carbon sail panel but tgen every other panel was carbon too and it was @adferlovely car.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

'Cos it looks much more coherent.

I have only ever seen 1 GTE though - in Leven when I went for a poke around their GT430 (just browsing Ian), so I have no idea whether it was std. Carbon on both cars looked very good.

LkOCijb.jpg

• Like 1

Most of the gte's have a carbon sail panel, mines painted blue so suspect it's just the normal plastic one.

Gav 

• Like 1

Your car is stunning no matter what, Gav !

• Gold FFM

I wish they were carbon. Mine cracked on my Sport Racer just after the warranty expired. 

I was surprised that the 430 GT kept the plastic material. It does look odd between  the carbon roof and tailgate 

This has been covered many times before. 

Although it is technically possible, in practice, it is too difficult (ie expensive) to get the carbon weaves to match between the roof, the intermediate panel and the bootlid. Hence the plastic panel. 

22 hours ago, Bruss said:

Strangely enough I was thinking about getting a carbon tailgate

and painting it to match the car.

THAT - indeed - would be a brave move in the best sense of British Understatement!

I think the tailgate would look much better fully painted or at least "half-painted" like the "007-Evora 410" one-off:

0327415713008.jpg.2440572512549db7115a014622f98a72.jpg

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

There are. (Hkfever & Win-Ace both do).

But the weaves won’t match between the 3 items. Which, arguably, would look worse. 

Agreed. Think this is the problem re matching the lines over the sail panel.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!