Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 144 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

5 hours ago, au-yt said:

Love the wide body GTE shame the company making the replica panels in Malaysia doesn’t list them anymore🤨

Win-Ace themselves might not still list them (I suspect that they might be in dispute over the use of the Lotus name & model names) but their US agent, Hethelsports, still lists their entire range: 

http://hethelsport.com/exterior/

(If you weren’t already aware, the actual GTE/GT350 is wider than a standard car. These Win-Ace bumpers are just the standard width. They don’t do a ‘widebody’ kit). 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2019 at 11:38, CaptainSlow said:

Three out of five Evora that took part in a track-day at Gotland Ring during the weekend. Ardent Red SR, Pewter Grey SR and Frost Blue S.

47999210442_90665e442e_h.jpgIMG_4918 by Stefan Axelsson, on Flickr

Great shot! (But nerdy comment of the day: should be liquid blue not frost blue, as there is a vid where you can see that it is a pre My12 interior;-)

• Like 1

On 8 June 2019 at 06:32, Evora 400 said:

i find a realy great color.   (i only lock for the color , not the problems :-))

I quite like that colour. 👍As for his comments re some of the niggles mentioned, I find you can shut the tailgate with the charger connected as it just bends the cable into the shape required and doesn't leave any marks on the car at all. When I first got my car, I wasn't sure if the light did go out just with the tailgate resting shut but not actually engaging the catch. Since I don't know any small children I could place in the boot to find out 😋, I decided the only way was to put my smartphone camera in there and try leaving the tailgate closed but not actually latched shut. Doing this, I found the light stayed on until I pushed down on the tailgate to engage the catch.

Regarding the intermittent boot opening, that seems to have afflicted quite a few Evoras and, indeed, did so on mine too. However, I found that rather than pushing down on the tailgate every time to help it release, I simply put a smear of vaseline over the striker plate and catch et voila, it now releases every time.

The owner of that car may well find the answer to his sticking fuel cap cover is probably just the need for a quick spray with WD40 or similar too.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, Spinney said:

I wasn't sure if the light did go out just with the tailgate resting shut but not actually engaging the catch. Since I don't know any small children I could place in the boot to find out 😋, I decided the only way was to put my smartphone camera in there and try leaving the tailgate closed but not actually latched shut. Doing this, I found the light stayed on until I pushed down on the tailgate to engage the catch.

This is an easy one. After you have opened your boot, press the key into the lock to fool the car to thinking the boot is shut and the boot lights will go off.

4E18CA46-AE02-4F6E-885C-123887D6AE2A_zps

Don’t forget to press the down catch at a later time when you do want to shut boot again 😁

79D773E0-D290-4360-8D91-592F3D82B863_zps

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Drove this today. Not a colour I think I’d choose myself but does look very stealthy in a modern day Knight Rider kinda way. 

91182C61-3C51-4E7E-8FC1-2E2F6EE12BE2.jpeg

D93173C2-2C11-4DF9-9B4A-7ADAABDAE829.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very fair review I thought. The Porsche is an outstanding all-rounder that's going to appeal more to 90% of buyers. To choose the Lotus you'd have to be a real driving enthusiast, or a real Lotus enthusiast, or simply want something different to everyone else!

He didn't pick a winner, but the Lotus was the driving enthusiasts choice which lacks the all-round brilliance and quality of the latest 911.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Like to know your thoughts on Carfection lastest video.

Reasonably fair review, the Porsche (well, in this spec anyway) is undoubtedly aimed at the sports car / GT cross over; that you have to pay extra for a sports exhaust is testament to this (and a personal bug bear of mine that you have to pay for this sort of thing on a car like this).  The 911 (again this spec) is meant to be more compliant, more refined, more relaxed - it is for the masses after all and the Evora is not.  The Evora stays truer to its sports car heritage.  Personally, I'd take a Lotus over a Porsche any day of the week but a more refined Evora does appeal to me, in fact a 4 door coupe would be perfect me and the children, then I can stop this two-car nonsense!

• Like 2

Not a lot apart from the fanatical speed police.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Not a lot apart from the fanatical speed police.....

Not if you stay on the right roads there aren’t! 😉 I love driving these roads in anything really but they are made for the Lotus. Lovely road surfaces, in the main, and you can very often not see another road user for 10 or 15 minutes or more at a time. I can certainly understand why so many Brits have upped sticks to move here. (Calling Bruss👋)

• Love 1

My parents have a place in the south of France. I would love to spend a week or so down there just drive all over. Such lovely roads that weave in and around of the hillsides. 

Edited by Nathan Pitman

I enjoyed the video, still wouldn’t buy the 911 based on this, I love my 400 for its handling, steering and simplicity don’t care about the age of the design. I’m not fussed on the complexity the of latest cars, and the cost of service.

Edited by au-yt