Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• 3 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hurt my back working on a car.  I wouldn't mind so much but the car I was working on was a 1/20th-scale Tamiya kit.  I just lent across to put a small piece of plastic done and owie, owie, owie.

Good excuse to sit around, I suppose.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Trevor. Last time I did my back in I was at the gym. An hour of heavy weights and nothing. Bent down to pick up my jacket and "twang!" Hope it gets better soon!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

Was playing around on my synths and walked away to get a drink, came back to find my ASR-10 sampler dead. :(

Oh, how I hope it is only the power supply. (insert fingers crossed emoticon) It does get hot with the way it is made, so here's hoping.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I returned a main board, to a local supplier where I bought about 5 months ago. It was just cutting out for no apparent reason, just catastrophic power failure with increasing regularity.

It's one of 3 systems, I call it the slave it runs 3 printers, 2 scanners and anything else that gets plugged into it. Before returning it I had swapped out the  ram, the power supply, graphics are on board, I'd individually isolated the drives. Pretty much leaves the board, could be processor but unlikely to cause instant catastrophic power failure. and it work fine with this boards predecessor. 

I take it back, oh no not going to take my word for it, they insist they must test it. I get a call an hour later, (the board was bare) they've tested it it's OK must be my fault.

​I tell them if it fails again I go to Fair Trading, our small claims court, not done with the customer focus, I get told to take the board "F" off and never shop there again. 

Came home re-installed everything, lasted less than 10 minutes, he's on his way to the small claims court, but I'm really pissed of at the inconvenience.

It made me unhappy today. :2guns:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to drive the Esprit into work today. Got up nice and early to beat the traffic and it wouldn't start, just turns over but refused to wake up. Shame because it's going to be a nice day.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Headcold that makes me sound like Barry White. 

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Are you taking requests?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Last 2 nights of zero sleep and now not being able to put any weight at all on my now swollen and kin painful right foot, Docs just informed me that I have contracted Cellulitis from what looks like a spider bite!

Gulp! Wonder where the little bugger is lurking now. Need to repay the favour with one of my size 13 shoes.

:(

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Owch. I still have trouble from a spider bite from 15 years ago. I got the little shit while he was biting me on the leg but some of his mandibles came off inside me. I didn't know at the time so left it and I now have a small lump which is sometimes itchy. Saw the doc but short of having it cut out there's nowt else to do.

Stop me and buy one!!

Mine was caused by a gnat bite, thought nothing of it fort a couple of days, the it got painful and eventually called the GP while I was at work. I hadn't realised just how quickly it progressed and how difficult it can be to combat once established.

• Gold FFM

Well lets be different, Sun shining, blazing hot, old Eclat now running fine, garden done, fences painted and just been told that my work visa for Kazakhstan has come through at last, only been waiting for 6 bl+++y weeks and not on pay, spent a furtune as you do sitting at home and now given 24 hrs to get my flight back to work, peed off, yes my bloo+y cars ready to run and I aint here to abuse it.

I returned a main board, to a local supplier where I bought about 5 months ago. It was just cutting out for no apparent reason, just catastrophic power failure with increasing regularity.

It's one of 3 systems, I call it the slave it runs 3 printers, 2 scanners and anything else that gets plugged into it. Before returning it I had swapped out the  ram, the power supply, graphics are on board, I'd individually isolated the drives. Pretty much leaves the board, could be processor but unlikely to cause instant catastrophic power failure. and it work fine with this boards predecessor. 

I take it back, oh no not going to take my word for it, they insist they must test it. I get a call an hour later, (the board was bare) they've tested it it's OK must be my fault.

​I tell them if it fails again I go to Fair Trading, our small claims court, not done with the customer focus, I get told to take the board "F" off and never shop there again. 

Came home re-installed everything, lasted less than 10 minutes, he's on his way to the small claims court, but I'm really pissed of at the inconvenience.

It made me unhappy today. :2guns:

Update:

I sent the board back directly to Gigabyte, I can't song their praises enough. They replaced the board and returned it to me, I re-installed it, been working ever since.

Revised my claim against the retailer, to recoup my costs, postage, handling, my inconvenience etc. I'll 'ave him.  :vava:  

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Holiday Blues has hit home...off to they gym today.....booooooooooooooooo!

Stop me and buy one!!

It's up to 27 degrees all over the UK except for Norfolk...which is 16 and has been all week while the rest of the country gets hot sunshine....hell we haven't even had much sunshine!!

Stop me and buy one!!

I was watching a dog overnight for a girl... a little floor mop kind...

She got back to town and wanted to thank me by buying me dinner. We arrived back at my house after dinner and the dog was loose, running around outside my house! It had broken out the window screen and fallen out a second story window!!!

Appears to be fine

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 2 months later...