Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 160 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Our beloved cat of the last 7 years went out at approx 5am Wednesday morning & hasn’t been seen since, totally out of character as he’s never been gone for more than a few hours & always sleeps in the house at night 🙁

And then Mum died yesterday, this has been on the cards for a few weeks so not such a shock but I’m allowed time off for that so I’ve been searching for the cat but without success, we live in a country lane with very few houses & have knocked on every single door & walked round all the fields & hedgerows.

It’s going to be a strange Christmas 😢

• Sad 11

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry to hear re your Mum, expecting it doesn't make it easy though as we know when we lost my Dad.

As for the cat, hope he returns soon.

Two neighbours recently have had cats vanish. One disappeared for several days, posters were billed, facebook post made and the latter got a response informing that he was opposite the local school in a hedgerow hunting. he'd been gone for a week or so and was just enjoying himself. He returned home when he felt it was time to. Their neighbour had a cat disappear for 5 days, he returned one night, had food and went off again, he hasn't returned since and that's now a couple of months. The assumption by me being that he's living a double life with another family and he returned only when there wasn't the usual food option.

They're fickle creature and although I hope he returns, don't be too upset because them not returning doesn't always mean a poor outcome for them, it can just be them being bloody minded (one of my cats appeared from an unknown place and hasn't gone home having spent months feral before we relented and let him become a house cat), so I know they can just re-locate.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Steve.

There is never a good time to lose a loved one, the first Christmas without them is always tough no matter when in the year they pass away, but it is always harder to take it happening at this time of year

• Like 1

Steve...it's a difficult time of year and losing a parent certainly impacts this holiday season.  Words of comfort are not easy to say or express adequately.  I do hope you have your family to share your good memories as well as grief about your Mom.   I've never had a cat (allergies), but I understand that they are official family members.  I sincerely hope your cat returns home.  

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Sorry for your loss, I hope you can still have a family Christmas despite the passing of such an important person in your life. 

Fingers and toes crossed for the return of the wanderer too. As Andy says, they are hardy creatures and I hope will be back with you soon as if nothing happened at all! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Sorry to hear of your loss Steve. Always difficult and doubly so this time of year. My Brother-in-law also found his Mum yesterday after he called round - never easy.

Hope your family puss just wander’s back in looking for a bit of turkey. 😊

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

My condolencs Steve.

Not much more can be said that others have not said already.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

4 hours ago, mayevora said:

Sorry to hear of your loss Steve. Always difficult and doubly so this time of year. My Brother-in-law also found his Mum yesterday after he called round - never easy.

Hope your family puss just wander’s back in looking for a bit of turkey. 😊

Thank you for the comments, my mum had had a condition abbreviated to NPH, a Dementia/Alzheimer’s thing. She always knew who we were until she couldn’t really speak, but apart from odd moments no real communication for years, no emotion when Dad died 4 years ago & in a care home for her condition for the last 18 months of her life. So we knew she was going rather than your Brother in law walking in on his Mum.

• Sad 1

On 23/12/2022 at 11:21, 2GOOD said:

Our beloved cat of the last 7 years went out at approx 5am Wednesday morning & hasn’t been seen since, totally out of character as he’s never been gone for more than a few hours & always sleeps in the house at night 🙁

And then Mum died yesterday, this has been on the cards for a few weeks so not such a shock but I’m allowed time off for that so I’ve been searching for the cat but without success, we live in a country lane with very few houses & have knocked on every single door & walked round all the fields & hedgerows.

It’s going to be a strange Christmas 😢

I’ve just posted in the happy thread, can’t bring Mum back but we found our cat this morning, he’d somehow got inside the roof of a stable block & couldn’t get down. He was far further away than we could’ve imagined.

• Like 2

Well it appears my Dad isn't expected to make it to the New Year.  He's in hospice on a morphine drip and his internal organs are shutting down.  So I'll be joining the no dad club relatively soon.  He's almost 92 years old - smoker/drinker - and it's amazing his body has tolerated his habits this long.  My step mother has dealt with his failing condition for years.  It will actually be a relief for her when he does eventually pass.  She has stuck him for decades, so she's due for some time to recover without the worry of being the major care giver.  He's not feeling pain.  It's just a matter of time (the sooner the better) before my Dad's journey ends and hers will begin anew.

To all those who have lost loved ones this season...know you're not alone this Christmas.  There are others who understand, who share your grief and loss even if were not related.  God speed Dad.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

@bogle Tough times but 91 is a good innings, my Dad died in a hospice nearly 4 years ago, unlike my Mum he was still in there mentally & kept setting himself targets, Christmas, his 82nd birthday, new year etc. The nursing staff loved him for it, loosing him knocked me for six. The no parents club is all about good memories

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Dad made it to 95, his birthday was 30th Dec, and he was OKish (for a 95 yr old with heart failure) that day but the ambulance staff worked on him for hours before being able to transport him to hospital on 4th Jan, he too set himself a target and that was to get to 95, and it did almost seem as though it was the marathon runner who reached the finish line and just relaxed and let things happen then.

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

My dad made it to 88. My mum only 66 I think. Mum & dad lived in Darwin and I went up based on doctors advice. I ran out of steam quite literally after about 8 days up there and got on a plane to fly back to Victoria. Dad passed away while I was in the air. Got the call from my brother when I was changing planes in Sydney.

I'll always remember mum & dad. Quite odd to realise that you have become the oldest person in your direct family.

• Love 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Steve, Andy & Michael - Thank you for sharing your stories.  It does help to know what others have experienced because these are not the easiest of days.  Although the Holidays adds a bit more feelings to situation, it's never a good time for this to happen to anyone.  I appreciate my Lotus Forum family in the UK and Australia.  Thank you!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bogle said:

My Dad passed away in his sleep last night peacefully.  God rest his soul.

Sorry to read this Bill, I’d been checking this thread for news, how are you doing now that you’ve joined the club?

1 hour ago, 2GOOD said:

Sorry to read this Bill, I’d been checking this thread for news, how are you doing now that you’ve joined the club?

My brother called and we talked about him.  Also talked with the other half.  I was remembering good times and how he took care of my brothers and sisters after the divorce.  Mom and Dad divorced when I was ten.  I'm leaving on vacation early next week in what was going to be an impromptu ceremony for my brother-in-law who passed away in April 2022 with my wife's sisters.  Well, I'll be adding my father to the mix of things.  It's a very exclusive club within a club.  Lotus owners without Dads.  Thanks for checking in Steve.

my lil sis was having a quiet quick drink in a local pub earlier, in walks her ex husband (very acrimonious divorce some years ago and still legal issues ensuing) he woofs two pints waiting for a take away next door then leaves, lil sis checks her car before driving off to find a 4" screw wedged at an angle under one tyre, pub has cctv but not sure if owt will be picked up, landlord and regulars appaled

Photo from Alan Bryant.jpg

jeez took the vivaro for a mot with fingers crossed that it would be painless, failed on a couple of small things (sigh of relief) then lost all the brakes on drive home 😞 reckon the brake test has fooked sommit