Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 81 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No such thing as clean flood water so, having had the house flooded many years ago, I understand your pain, Bibs.  Everything gets dirty and smelly and takes ages to dry.  Did you manage to salvage anything before the water started coming in. i.e. getting chairs up on bricks, photos moved to safety or was it too sudden for that?  I hope you get it sorted soon and that the insurance covers it and you can renew it when the time comes without having to pay the national debt.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Like I said on FB, sorry to see this @Bibs. If theres anything I can do t help please let me know! Though the way it's going here in Norfolk, 3 days of solid and heavy sustained rain, I think the county will be returning to the sea shortly! Bloody awful!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It looks like the house will need to be gutted, de-plastered and dried then renovated, plus most of the furniture needs replacing as it all got soaked. Thank fudge for insurance! 

• Sad 4

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

It looks like the house will need to be gutted, de-plastered and dried then renovated, plus most of the furniture needs replacing as it all got soaked. Thank fudge for insurance! 

Sorry to hear that. Have you got to move out.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 minute ago, Kimbers said:

Just back from a run (sort of a stagger actually). So had joggers nipple anyway, but cutting through the lounge to get to the office I caught my left Nipple on the French Door edge as I passed. Holy shit on a stick that hurt like buggery............not that I know what Buggery feels like but something like that I imagine!

Brave man posting that detail on the internet...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

When I had the Evora's wheels powder-coated last week, I took the opportunity to replace all 4 TPMS valves as the originals were becoming a bit intermittent in their functioning.

3 of the replacements sprang into life within a few miles but the 4th, even after multiple journeys totalling over 150 miles, steadfastly persists in giving a " 0 0 " reading. I very, very carefully swapped the wheels over and the 'fault' moved with the wheel so it would appear that the new valve is faulty. Looks like the tyre now has to come off my pristine, shiny wheel. Bu99er! :realmad:

On 18/06/2019 at 10:41, Kimbers said:

Just back from a run (sort of a stagger actually). So had joggers nipple anyway, but cutting through the lounge to get to the office I caught my left Nipple on the French Door edge as I passed. Holy shit on a stick that hurt like buggery............not that I know what Buggery feels like but something like that I imagine!

I don't think buggery involves the nipples.

• Haha 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Some little waste of oxygen has sprayed some sticky shit on my car, looks like fizzy drink. Utter wankers. Luckily washed off with just a hose pipe and no scrubbing but still. Shit kids.

I'd wrap cheese wire around their toes and hang them by it upside down. Glad it came off easily...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Contents insurance is pretty much sorted after the flood. Just had the buildings around and they want all the floors and walls up, then a 5 day drying program then full electrical test to see if the house needs rewiring. After that, all the architraves, doors etc will be removed/replaced then the floors, walls, skirts, beads and rewire if required. Glad I'm not signing the cheque, thank god for insurance!

Went through similar last year @Bibs and my final bill to the insurers was around £80k, I am sure yours will be much higher!  A word of caution - make sure if that you are using the Insurance companies Surveyor to get the work done that you also stipulate (1) a timescale to complete and (2) that you check the progress.  Our surveyor gave the builders around 13 weeks to complete the work. I went in the house after 6 weeks to see the bare minimum had been done. Phoned the surveyor to kick him up the arse and he assured me all was on track. Went in at 10 weeks an no progress and phoned him and swore violently. Week 12 they turned up and tried to rush it all in 2 weeks. I rejected the whole job and they then had to come back and redo everything over a 6 week period - all whilst the insurers where paying for us to stay elsewhere.

The Surveyors/Claim handling company were as much use as a chocolate tea pot in a steel foundry - the insurance company was fantastic by contrast (More than by the way) and our renewal this year was on £30 more after the claim!  So we stayed loyal.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's often not the insurance companies but the bloodsuckers they use to manage the claim/remedial work - they'd be better off doing it themselves and would save a packet too!

The small print.

@C8RKH now that is a conversation to be bad over a bottle of chateau du mann 😉

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So I have been doing couch to 5k with my wife we are on week five and it is tough, my son came in from school and said I will give that a go, I explained you need to do a run then a walk, we walk on the running machine  at 3.5 and then run at 5 he got bored walking so ran the whole lot at 8 it only goes to 8.8 the little shit. 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Got the train to Peterborough first thing - to collect a car for the eldest.

told its pristine other than scuff damage to the front alloy wheels. 

Upon arrival - bonnet scratched badly, wing mirror underside smashed, front bumper insert not fitted properly, badly resprayed front wing, front fog full of mist, neither front wings lined up with the a post properly..... clearly the car had been stuck through a hedge. Absolutely furious. This wasn’t a knacker of a car either - it’s got 8033 miles on the clock 🤬

got the train back home after extracting the train fare from the dealer.

• Sad 1

Only here once