Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 94 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

10 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yep, that's the problem of being old, big salary and lots of young people that can do your job for half the price.

Who THINK they can do your job!

I see it in the IT services industry that I work in. The "juniorisation" of middle management that leads to chaos, service penalties, pissed off clients and poor profitability.

Good luck with your search or what you plan next Mark.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Mark,

As an IT professional who was replaced with a contracted team of IT millennial consultants,  I feel your pain.  Luckily, the wife has stock and we maxed 401ks for a few decades.  Also have zero debt.  Still medical expenses are ridiculous - even with the wife's PPO family plan.  I felt so guilty not working and not doing my bit when I was obsoleted.   I still feel weird not working, but I switched to being a professional photographer.  Photography doesn't pay like IT did, but at least I make people happy.  I did a contract job for a friend which involved updating their server and replacing/migrating their legacy Win 7 PCs with new Win 10 boxes.  After 18 months not working,  I found I didn't like IT anymore since no one appreciates what you do and you're always a financial burden to the companies bottom line even though you can't work without technology.  I would like to work again to get a 2020 Evora as my Esprit is down again with another engine out job (3rd time) pending.  Unfortunately, it doesn't make much financial sense to purchase a 100k plus vehicle when only one family member is working.

I do wish you luck with your next job adventure.  My adventure turned out much differently than I was expecting.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

16 minutes ago, bogle said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't make much financial sense to purchase a 100k plus vehicle when only one family member is working.

Ever since we had our first child over 25 years ago I've been a single bread winner and my wife packed her paying day job for a longer and harder one as she dedicated her time to bringing up our two kids properly. Even with one family member working I still have my 2 Loti!!!  Financial sense does not ever come in to buying a sports car, even a Lotus. If you can, just do it,.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

My friend has a 2018 Solar Yellow Evora 400 with Black package with Yellow Calibers.  He lets me drive it sometimes.  It's soooooo nice.  He wants me to buy it so he can get the 2020 Evora GT.  Still that's 75k plus at least as it's really great condition.  I really like the 2020 Evora GT in that super bright Blue - black package and yellow calipers.  I buy a lotto ticket every week just for that one.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

On 27/02/2020 at 02:00, comem47 said:

My father in law lost his 25 yr battle with prostate cancer today.

While I was taking care of our grandson here in NY my wife flew down to Florida yesterday in time to be there for him, but I felt terrible I was not able to be there for her (she had a tough go all day)  I know in time she'll feel good she was able to be there, unpleasant as the end was..  😢

25 year is an impressive time battling with prostate cancer.  He did very well but I imagine there were a lot of ups and downs.  Sorry for you and your wife's loss.

On 28/02/2020 at 20:21, Mark Blanchard said:

Got made redundant today :(

That's a bugger.  I got made redundant in 2009, a year after moving across the States to the new job.  Took me (with the help of a friend) to get a new job but, after a couple of years, I had a job that was much more enjoyable and better paid than the one I lost.

Just remember, your contacts and ex-colleagues are your lifeline at such a time.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

44 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

25 year is an impressive time battling with prostate cancer.  He did very well but I imagine there were a lot of ups and downs.  Sorry for you and your wife's loss.

That's a bugger.  I got made redundant in 2009, a year after moving across the States to the new job.  Took me (with the help of a friend) to get a new job but, after a couple of years, I had a job that was much more enjoyable and better paid than the one I lost.

Just remember, your contacts and ex-colleagues are your lifeline at such a time.

I will echo both comments.

Regarding redundancy, I had a similar experience in 2006 when i was shown the door after a takeover of the company i was working for. I took a bit of time off, then got in touch with some old contacts. Went back to work through that route and stayed until I decided to retire a few years later. A good network is a lifeline.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yes I will phone up a few old work mates.  Think it will take a while to find another job.

You don’t need another job chap - go on your own - be the master of your own destiny 👍

Only here once

What's your line/trade Mark?

The small print.

4 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

Yes, he had access to some experimental procedures as well as conventional surgeries and treatments over that time. A few times we thought things finally worked but alas in the past few years his health plummeted rapidly with a rapid weigh loss in the end. The down side of my wife being there for him was the sight he presented (other family members spared that vision). I know I wouldn't have done as well as her (it was just her and her stepmom with the hospice nurse arriving after he passed)

4 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Furniture and fitted furniture design.  Went on my own for a couple of years.  It was up and down.

Sorry about that Mark. I was made redundant in 2011. Went on my own for a couple of years (IT consultancy) but, like you, it was up and down.

Maybe we should go into the hydraulics business together?

Good luck

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I am having to do some major backtracking after one of my biggest customer (buys about 10 cars a week off me) made me an offer I thought was below par on some cars and due to my cold/man flu and tiredness I told him to "Fuck right off".

Oppsy.

That’s life - sometimes it needs saying as it is. I’m sure he will be back after more

Only here once

Applied to a dog shelter Wednesday last week and they confirmed receipt same day, yet didn't hear back at all. Sent off 3 chase up emails, as well as a Facebook message. Nothing.

Come out of a meeting today and see an email saying "The dog has visitors on Sunday - we will let you know should she still be needing a home after the meet and greet"

Well if you bloody organised yourself better that could've been me!
Now I know they are a charity/rescue, but the other 2 I applied to around the same time have already approved me for a dog, and have booked visits within 5 days of my original application.

Only reason I'm annoyed is because she is the only dog of her breed in the south of the UK of that age available, so not exactly an easy replacement should it fall through

Hi Mark,

What breed are looking for and what age?  Sorry you had trouble with the rescue/shelter facility.

I"m a breeder and here's a link to my 7 weeks old litter of Miniature American Shepherds.  2 of my dogs are in Norfolk-most are USA and some in Canada.  These are all spoken for, but thought you might find them interesting.  Only breed when we can better our breed - not for money.  Real Breeders don't make money.  They make better, happier dogs and guarantee them for their lifetime.

https://www.lotusbill.com/2020-Dani-BIS-Litter-7-weeks/Dani-BIS-Litter-7-weeks-Winter/

Additonally, here's some shots I took at LOG 38:

Here's a nuclear yellow Exige from LOG 38 in Toledo, Ohio.

https://www.lotusbill.com/Lotus/Lotus2/i-8chb5QG/A

Aubergine Purple Elise:

https://www.lotusbill.com/Lotus/Lotus2/i-vQ5S5vx/A

Enjoy!

Bill

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 21:39, pete said:

Perhaps need to make as well as design👍

No money in making I'm afraid. 

The best money is to be made in the cheap furniture believe it or not.

On 02/03/2020 at 00:18, Bibs said:

I'm not sure the Queen's family let their boys on the chop saw!

That was a long time ago.

• Gold FFM

Go for it @Mark Blanchard

lifes been very good to me for the last 10years+ of self employment - I was offered a full time job last week at a company I contact to. I laughed it off and politely declined.

• Like 2

Only here once

24 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Go for it @Mark Blanchard

lifes been very good to me for the last 10years+ of self employment - I was offered a full time job last week at a company I contact to. I laughed it off and politely declined.

And Life's not much fun being bossed around by people half your age.

• Like 1