Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 154 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Ah man - that’s awful - really hoping the police pull their finger out.

Put a formal letter into the hospital cctv folks - they might well be under GDPR rules - but there’s normally an exception and they can release if it’s of material need to yourself. You actually have a legal right to see anything they hold of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@NAC63 - Still waiting for the police to get back to me. They were hoping to go view the CCTV images either today or tomorrow so hopefully something will be forthcoming this week.

• Like 2

I wouldn't bank on PC Plod doing anything anytime soon. After all they have Rangers and Celtic games to officiate, mugs of tea to make, catching people driving 2 mph over the 20 mph limit, going down to the local chippie and Chinese take aways in their Poileas vans etc.... The last thing they want to do is actually catch low lifes and numpties hell bent on destroying carbon fibre or fibreglass

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

I really hope BMW tosser didn’t report it in the 24 hours and the CCTV has a clear image of the idiots plate - Then gets the book thrown at them! 
These incompetent morons shouldn’t be allowed out even walking let along driving if that’s the outcome. I don’t ‘lose it’ very often at all but that would definitely push me over the edge! Really sorry you’ve got to go through this hassle.

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I suspect the Polis will take the usual cop out (pun intended) and hold their hands up and say, we can do nothing, it happened on private property 🤔

But good luck if they do prosecute. Driving without due care and attention usually means a hefty fine anf points on the licence.

Private property makes no difference to crime, and he's committed criminal damage and potentially leaving the scene. There would be no crime of burglary if private property was an excuse for it not being a crime. 

With motoring offences, any place where the public are expected to be makes it not private property anyway, eg you can ride an unregistered, un-road legal quad through your farm field but not a privately owned hospital car park. @Kimbers may be able to offer some inside insight on the crime committed for us.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Private property makes no difference to crime, and he's committed criminal damage and potentially leaving the scene. There would be no crime of burglary if private property was an excuse for it not being a crime. 

With motoring offences, any place where the public are expected to be makes it not private property anyway, eg you can ride an unregistered, un-road legal quad through your farm field but not a privately owned hospital car park. @Kimbers may be able to offer some inside insight on the crime committed for us.  

I have sent Dave a PM.

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

But good luck if they do prosecute. Driving without due care and attention usually means a hefty fine anf points on the licence.

Driving without due care and attention means driving in a way that falls below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver.
Driving without reasonable consideration for other persons means they are inconvenienced by your driving.

This is specifically used for things like tailgating, swerving from lane to lane, undertaking etc, so it's not this offence. 

Its actually: "Leaving the scene of an accident" (in which injury or damage was caused) without stopping or providing your details is an offence under section 170 of the Road Traffic Act 1988

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 minute ago, Alfa2Evora said:

See my post in the 'Happy' thread.

See my new comment

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

After 18 hours in A and E at 4.30 this morning I have been transferred to an assessment ward. At 6.30 I have been woken up.

• Confused 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yes Pete, please look after yourself.  About 2 years ago, I had symptoms of a Heart Attack, but it turned out to be severe acid reflux.  They did a chemical stress test and boy that's an awful test.  I hope you get better soon as we need as many Esprit drivers out on the road - not in hospital.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.