Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 115 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Always terrible Bibs, my sincere condolences. As my mum said to me before she passed away 5 years ago, "at least you'll outlive me as the opposite would be unbearable".

• Gold FFM

So sorry to hear mate. Such a difficult time. I hope you and rest of the family are doing as ok as you can possibly be at this time.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Last Tuesday we had a power outage in our close. Happened at 15.57. Power company inspected and called up the ground crew. 11pm they commence digging up the cable. Power restored at 4am. A bit of noise, but well done chaps.

Daylight breaks on Wednesday and we can see some dampness around the hole (they've obviously hit the water main). Hole left open. OK we think the water board will come out and mend the pipe then they will fill in the hole. No, that would be too easy. Friday the electricity board come back, fill in the hole and lay what must have been the best laid tarmac repair I have ever seen. Of course, come Saturday morning the edge of the tarmac is now 3 inches above where it should be and we have a lovely fountain that would grace the frontage of the Bellagio, so today the Water board are there digging out the hole to repair the pipe. Any bets whether I will he having cold soup for dinner in the dark.

What a waste of resources just to avoid working together. :popo:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Last Tuesday we had a power outage in our close. Happened at 15.57. Power company inspected and called up the ground crew. 11pm they commence digging up the cable. Power restored at 4am. A bit of noise, but well done chaps.

Daylight breaks on Wednesday and we can see some dampness around the hole (they've obviously hit the water main). Hole left open. OK we think the water board will come out and mend the pipe then they will fill in the hole. No, that would be too easy. Friday the electricity board come back, fill in the hole and lay what must have been the best laid tarmac repair I have ever seen. Of course, come Saturday morning the edge of the tarmac is now 3 inches above where it should be and we have a lovely fountain that would grace the frontage of the Bellagio, so today the Water board are there digging out the hole to repair the pipe. Any bets whether I will he having cold soup for dinner in the dark.

Two companies, totally separate, delivering two services.

Ask me about my experience of working with 1 insurance company, THEIR surveyor, THEIR chosen suppliers, and the complete fook up that was the resolution through total lack of co-ordination!

However @Colin P I do 100% agree with you with re how it could it be better for them to have just sorted it out themselves, and how much money it would have saved them, and hassle for you, as the customer?

So, 100% with you. Shambles and I bet your new tarmac will not be as good as what was laid.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

:harhar:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

45 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Doesn't work like that ..   All covered by the 'New Roads and Street Works Act 1991' and subsequent revisions about Fines. Whoever digs a hole has to inform Highways before doing so on what is called an 'Opening Notice' and is then held responsible by Highways for filling it in and any subsequent claims for people tripping over, damage to vehicles etc etc.  Power Co started it, in this case under an "Emergency Opening Notice" sent retrospectively, so Power Company has to fill it in. Water Companies have HUGE number of pipes leaking underground and frequently a hole dug starts filling with water without a pipe being hit. When a pipe is hit the pressure is such that you'll usually get 'a gusher' immediately !  I suspect your case is not that 'cut & dried' ..  (Sorry, couldn't resist..) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Well the builders and kitchen fitter started again after a week of me preparing and painting half the kitchen (couldn't do the other half as their plastering needs putting right). I had already told the builder we are dealing with I would stay well clear as I was still pixx$d at the kitchen fitter after his tiling in the bathroom. Guess how long it took the fitter to f*c£ things up - less than 4 hours. I was collected out of the garage where I was keeping myself entertained to find they had decided the kitchen unit wiring they had fitted was too high and could be seen above the kitchen units (we had been going on about this for weeks but what do we know as we are just the customer and the kitchen fitter knows best) so they had dug holes in the wall that I had spent the week sorting and moved the wires. I now have four areas that need sanding and repainting on my pristine wall and the kitchen fitter thinks it will all be done by tomorrow morning - f'in plaster isn't even dry.

I am just amazed that any houses in Devon are still standing after any builders get let loose on them - Just read the reviews of the construction companies putting up the new builds in the area, that should put anyone off wanting to buy one.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Happy today. Maybe  maybe not. 17 cases of Covid on our platform offshore Doha. Medical team arrived 0600 this morning for PCR testing of all the crew. Because our installation is used as a hub for transferring to the other platforms in the field, this could in theory affect 1800 people currently offshore in Al Shaheen. Happy to be tested. Unhappy to be stuck here with the threat. Next 24hrs will be a nail bitter.

• Sad 3

ITV have been showing a programme every night this week and have cancelled the final one tonight over the lead actor being accused of some indescretions. Seems an overreaction to me as surely we can decide for ourselves whether to watch it and what about all the other actors in it. Thought we were innocent until proven guilty in this country

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

@pete - yup, accused, but not found guilty so let's just assume he is guilty in case we decide to upset anyone yadda yadda yadda....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On 26/04/2021 at 06:56, johnpwalsh said:

Happy today. Maybe  maybe not. 17 cases of Covid on our platform offshore Doha. Medical team arrived 0600 this morning for PCR testing of all the crew. Because our installation is used as a hub for transferring to the other platforms in the field, this could in theory affect 1800 people currently offshore in Al Shaheen. Happy to be tested. Unhappy to be stuck here with the threat. Next 24hrs will be a nail bitter.

Update. So 28 guys positive, 18 unconfirmed. Remaining crew, myself included taken onshore to a quarantine location. The 28 plus the 18 are now in a medical facility for full care. 21 guys left offshore as a skeleton crew to keep the lights on and of course keep the place producing oil. Info today is we are in isolation for a minimum of 10 days. Not to bad as its a 5 star hotel, but, you cant go out, you cant open the door, you get fed 3 times a day which arrives 3 times a day in a carrier bag. Lets see hwta the next 10 days brings.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pete said:

ITV have been showing a programme every night this week and have cancelled the final one tonight over the lead actor being accused of some indescretions. Seems an overreaction to me as surely we can decide for ourselves whether to watch it and what about all the other actors in it. Thought we were innocent until proven guilty in this country

It’s available on ITV Hub until tomorrow. A nail-biting finale, too!

Margate Exotics.

18 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

It’s available on ITV Hub until tomorrow. A nail-biting finale, too!

Ah, I've not started watching and had considered watching via catch-up since they'd said about the last episode being available, but think I'll give it a miss as I don't really want several hours taken up binge-watching TV.

So it was my 53rd Birthday yesterday, so the wife kindly booked us into Twenty9 for the night on Sunday evening.  Decided to take the Evora as it hasn't been out much.  Only to find about 10 minutes from the destination and kindly Norfolk copper pulling me over but my number plate reads EV60RA S instead of EV60 RAS  He was a total cock, I tried to reason with him but wouldn't have it.  Accusing me of fuelling criminality through cloned plates.  I pointed out that the number plate is fully readable and the letters are of the correct size. 

So he proceed to get his measuring stick out and take photos.

My question is he put down each plate as a separate offence is that allowed and is there anything I can do to try and mitigate the amount of the likely fine.

Thx 🤬🤬 🤬🤬

offence.png

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

So it was my 53rd Birthday yesterday, so the wife kindly booked us into Twenty9 for the night on Sunday evening.  Decided to take the Evora as it hasn't been out much.  Only to find about 10 minutes from the destination and kindly Norfolk copper pulling me over but my number plate reads EV60RA S instead of EV60 RAS  He was a total cock, I tried to reason with him but wouldn't have it.  Accusing me of fuelling criminality through cloned plates.  I pointed out that the number plate is fully readable and the letters are of the correct size. 

So he proceed to get his measuring stick out and take photos.

My question is he put down each plate as a separate offence is that allowed and is there anything I can do to try and mitigate the amount of the likely fine.

Note this @mayevora ??? (Could not send you a message - tried this am.)