Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 116 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

I seem to recall that Norfolk police are particularly arsey and uncompromising.  And they wonder why the police have such a bad rep with the public. 

Am I likely to get 2 fines?  Any lawyers on the forum who may be able to help?

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

I seem to recall that Norfolk police are particularly arsey and uncompromising

Have you met @Kimbers?  :rofl:

To be fair, he was only doing his job, being a jobsworth or not. And the advertising around "mis-spaced number plates" has increased a lot recently too.

You knew it was wrong. Take it up the bum and move on - though I do agree it should not be two offences surely.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Two offences ? 
if you had one bald tyre - one offence. two bald tyres - two offences.

same with rape apparently 

• Like 1

Only here once

33 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

is @kimbers a copper then? Maybe he knows the guy B Howlett

He's special :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

40 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Is he the fourth man??

No comment. But if he ain't that, nor Jesus, Mary or Joseph then surely that makes him the .....

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
46 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

EV60RA S

That’s gonna be worth some money when vw release the electric bora 👍

Only here once

5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

That’s gonna be worth some money when vw release the electric bora 👍

yeah loads of people will put private plates on those 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

He's special :)

Well, two meanings here. "He's a Special" (sergeant),  but then, without the "a" as you've typed it could mean something else.😁

• Haha 1

thats a sad thing to happen on your birthday 🥶 i got the same years back with plate on the family car, id had such a run of bad luck with little work for a while got a job as a rep our on the road and got knicked (one offence  £60) copper said what does it spell then ? i says well its my daughters name, does she know its illegal he asks ? probably not she only 4 i reply !!! also had to photograph the corrected plate and send to dvla and was informed we could loose the plate if caught in the future 🥶 but its reminded me to get new plates for mine lol or change my name by deed to mp !!!

10 hours ago, LotusFella said:

offence.png

Bad luck. Couldn’t help but notice the irony of the location.

My plates have the space missing, I keep the originals in the boot. They are Velcro’d on. :whistle:

• Haha 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

3 hours ago, Neal H said:

Did he let you continue your journey with your illegal number plates? If so he wasn’t a total cock.

I did ask him that and I said I was staying overnight.  He said because I had the offence sheet I wouldn’t get another one.

• Gold FFM

Most Coppers haven’t got the time or inclination to pull someone over for this anymore. Yes he’s doing his job but I’d also say he’s a cock if that’s the most important bit of Policeing he can find to do.

Both plates not spaced correctly 2 fines yes. (I’ve obviously been lucky as exactly the same as you) Bit like driving around with 4 tyres with less than the 1.6mm of tread - 4 tyres/four fines. (In my opinion that means sod all - ones dangerous potentially life threatening and one isn’t)

Drove around for a decade with a smaller rear plate on a bike and never got pulled once.

Yes it’s not legal but neither is doing 31mph in a 30 zone - Anyone going to own up for that also?

99% of all Police I’ve met are top guys doing a damn hard job nowadays and they deserve a hell of a lot more respect than they actually get. 

If you were driving recklessly, speeding or on your phone, you deserve everything you get - If none of the above and you were pulled for solely having a letter 3cm to the left of where it should be and you are fined then I’d also call him a cock as well.

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

"times they are a changing" was a line once sung @mayevora.

We are, as motoring enthusiasts, literally a dying breed and seen as an easy target.  I predict more and more we will see this happening as the "state" exerts more and more control over our lives and choices.  The clamp down has definitely begun, the internet is awash with "adverts" on this topic from DVLA and it is all to ensure that the Number Plate Recognition and tracking systems don;t miss a beat.

Next, new cars will have satellite links uploading all your little indiscretions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and tickets will be automatically issued.

Then the final straw, driverless cars and everyone is forced to conform.

The times, as they said, are a changing.

The small print.

When I got pulled a few years ago for having an illegally small front plate on an Elise, the copper said he wasn’t going to let me drive it until it was rectified. Fortunately I had a full size plate in the boot so swapped them over. He waited while I did this and then let me leave without issuing the ticket. 

48 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Presumably, those of us with the EU logo on our plates are now illegal, too.

Depends upon the political leanings of the copper. If they are labour or lib dem you'll be there for 3 days whilst they try and make their mind up :hrhr:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I have a small one.

The letters are the standard font, size and spacing. No issues so far but fingers crossed.  335mm x 111mm the smallest plate for legal size letters and spacing I believe for 5 characters.

IMG_20190707_210304697.jpg.d5d35bc236007d8b9d2fafaa19a29699.jpg

• Love 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Depends upon the political leanings of the copper. If they are labour or lib dem you'll be there for 3 days whilst they try and make their mind up :hrhr:

And demanding to know who paid for the plates.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, mg4lotus said:

Could have had a 1 instead of the 8 to make it smaller. It's a personalised plate - It must mean something?

Yup, given my name is Andy it must be a really cryptic meaning... ;)

The small print.