Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 173 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

If you were talking it on a Porsche I'd have just said no matter how hard you polished it, a turd is a turd @Painterdave

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Painterdave said:

The wife's Boxster is parked right next to it no respect from your local foxes

I would say it proves what exquisite taste your foxes have!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Had to watch the dxnckng with Sue today, couldn't believe 2 mdn dancing together and one dressed as a woman. Went out of the room. 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up to hear about Acapulco being destroyed by a hurricane - was there last year. Stayed at the hotel in the image below (and at 14 seconds in), spent quite a few hours on the beach

• Sad 2

Just got back from Bonaire and it was hot temperature wise.  Even the locals were saying it was record breaking heat and it's never been that hot in the history of the island.  Unfortunately, the coral reefs have suffered with bleaching and now there's a new coral disease which permanently kills the corals.  It was necessary to soak our scuba gear in a 10% bleach in the rinse buckets to prevent the spread of this aggressive disease.  Corals can recover from bleaching providing the water temperature goes back to normal level.  Corals cannot recover from this relatively new coral disease.  

There were quite a few bleached corals in the 14 dive sites we dove in both North and South locations. On the plus side, I only saw a couple lionfish during the dives.  Lionfish were accidentally introduced due to a storm which damaged a public aquarium and released them into the Atlantic Ocean.  There are no predators to control the Lionfish which are aggressive hunters.  Bonaire is a protected Marine Park which encompasses the whole island and well as Klein Bonaire (small island within a mile of the shore).  The only spear fishing allowed is for the eradication of the Lionfish.  

The ocean was so warm that I had to buy a thin skin which was still too warm.  I finally gave up and dove in shorts and a top rash guard.  In my January visit to Bonaire, I could wear my normal 2mm wetsuit without being too hot.  In my 30 plus years of diving, this is hottest water temperatures that I have experienced.   The wife and I normally go to different vacation spots to dive.  Bonaire is only place that we have revisited, and it was our 3rd trip. 

• Sad 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

My brother and his wife always used to dive in Bonaire. They were friends with the owner (German) of a dive school out there. The man was tragically killed in an accident with a gas boiler in a property they owned.

• Sad 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Gold FFM

Having to wait until Saturday to pick up my new car.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

8 hours ago, ramjet said:

Having to wait until Saturday to pick up my new car.

Would that new car by a Lotus?

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Burnt my clutch out today. Feel awful. 

Went to over take, shifted down to fifth, little heel and toe and for some reason just didn’t come all the way off the clutch and completely butchered it. 

saw some smoke coming out of the top left of the engine bay which gave me a heart attack. 

Hoping all will be ok tomorrow. Filled with guilt right now tho 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Olly43 said:

Burnt my clutch out today. Feel awful. 
Filled with guilt right now tho.

I'm sure you're not the only one that has done this!  The pain comes from the down time, parts cost and labor.  Try to go easy on yourself.

If the plates weren't too worn to begin with, letting out some smoke just once doesn't have to be the end of it. Fingers crossed it will be all right. It will have cost you some mileage of course, but that's a worry for later. 😉 

• Thanks 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, bogle said:

Would that new car by a Lotus?

I am afraid that all of the new cars are well beyond my reach and the older ones are too low for Liz to get into and out of with two hip replacements and most of them can corner faster than my eyes can follow a corner.

Yeah, I know. Drive slower. Have you ever tried to do that in a Lotus?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

3 Back Surgeries left hip surgery, Inspire implant, Morton's neuroma right foot, sleep apnea, trigger thumb right hand...still driving my Esprit as daily as possible.   Some day's hurt more than others, shifting sucks, clutch foot hurts...I'm sure I'm not the only one.   But I automatically feel better when I get in and drive.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Out for a walk with the dogs at the end of my nightshift this morning. Not another living soul about (it was 5.30am) and out of nowhere comes this snarling ball of fur and teeth. Grabbed our Charis on the left cheek and wouldn't let go.

I had to beat 10 shades out of it, plus our other dog Macha had it by the throat at one point before it finally released its grip and ran off, with Macha in hot pursuit.

Luckily I always carry a canine first aid kit so was able to clean the wound and stop the bleeding eventually.

A trip to the vets as soon as they opened. The 'doctor' decided to leave the wounds open to heal without stitches but it does mean I'll have to be extra vigilant with keeping them clean. A course of antibiotics just in case of secondary infections and some anti-inflammatories for the swelling and my bank balance is now £200 lighter.

I've reported it to the police but I'm not holding my breath. Talking to other dog walkers later, the dog in question (a medium-sized Heinz 57 varieties) has been seen around for a few days and has attacked at least one other dog, but nobody knows who is responsible for it.

Just what none of us needed with everything else that's going on right now, :veryangry: .

CharisInjury01.jpg.24090be783328c989311647ea2c0f6f8.jpg

• Sad 6

That's awful.  If that dog is somehow caught, what happens?  For the safety of others it should be put down.

More than ever I feel that ALL dogs in a public space MUST be on a lead. Any stray/loose dogs rounded up and put down, hopefully along with their owner(s).

I'm sorry about your dog Dave, I wish it a speedy recovery, just a shame there are so many irresponsible owners about to cause issues like you have experienced here.

• Like 2

The small print.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and no more incidents! She's lucky you carry that first aid kit, never thought or heard of that but does make sense when out.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.