Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 21 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Another dent to get banged out of the car. My car was parked. Comment of the day from the woman reversing out of her drive - "Why on earth did you park in my blind spot?" was then bettered with "You are the second person this week I've driven in to"

Muppets!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I trust you got her insurance details....no reason why you should pay for her idiocy. Might even make her start thinking.... unlikely, though.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

That goes without saying John but its the usual hassle of phone calls and hire cars whilst in body shop. And then usually followed up with the additional texts and incoming calls per day over the next weeks enquiring how my newly acquired terminal injury as a result of that 5mph impact.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Not on a Lotus, but don't you just love it when the supposed professional mechanics use an impact wrench dialed way up  to replace a wheel?   :2guns:    :no        :realmad:

A brake shudder developed over time and when I went to remove the wheel I really had to stand on the breaker bar to get the lug nuts loosened. (definitely far from the 80 ft lbs they should have been torqued to (and I always do).

Not sure who the guilty party was as a few shops were doing different stuff for me when I was too busy and as I mentioned it took a while to develop. New rotor on that wheel and back in business. Professionals it seems are few and far between these days vs low priced labor from kids just out of high school who don't give a sh***

• Gold FFM

12 uninvited caravans, 5 uninvited white vans and 2 uninvited horses have arrived on the green half way up our small Cul-de-sac since lunchtime.

• Gold FFM

I'll probably wait a few days and pick up a stray dog, free mattress and a broken washing machine.

• Gold FFM

Got 3 wisdom teeth extract yesterday (I don't have 4 for some reason).

With the compulsory blood thinners I am on now, I couldn't stop the bleeding until about 16 hours later.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

This has always been such a quiet little cul-de-sac :(

B1BD269C-5426-487B-9647-DE5DDE43C8AB.jpg

Let us hope the minions of the law do something useful about the situation. Not holding my breath, though..... Whatever you do, don't try to make them do their job; or you'll be arrested for disturbing the peace or some such trumped up charge. They don't seem to have much appetite for sorting out the "travellers"..... only easy meat.

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Air Canada.

Useless tossers that couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery. Cancellations, delays and a complete lack of any civility or even offering to find hotels for people in strange cities after 4 hours of delays followed by cancellation.

I am travel savy enough to sort things out and have an international company behind me but lots of tears and frustration at Halifax at 03:00 this morning. They have just gone to the top of my favourite airline to complain about although previous experience had them in the top 5 of airlines with their heads up their own @rse. That is before I start on the average staff members attitude.

Having managed to find a bed at 04:00 and get to it at 05:00 then had to pay for 2 nights accommodation to be able to remain there till 20:00 for the rescheduled 22 hours later flight. Have just returned to airport having checked all on time and get through to see another 2 hour delay - probably more now all onward connections at LHR to be looked at again. Grrrr

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Al, I sympathise totally as my daughter spent last year at Uni in Nova Scotia and her Christmas back at home was almost totally ruined by these muppets. IcelandAir is the way to go, great service from Glasgow.....

Also it really brings home to you the value of the EU - we have superb obligations and protection from airlines muppets compared to those from NA - I always choose a =European airline for transatlantic flights and let's be honest the service on all American Airlines is usually a joke though the old Continental flights from Edinburgh were OK, just such a shame you landed at Newark - arrggghhhhh....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just back from North Devon.  3 days and nights of solid rain and we were camping.    I was hoping I could get my Wife to have cheaper holidays but the weather was against me.  She says never again, so more expensive holidays from now on :(.

I haven't lived there for nigh on 30 years, but what is it that I know about camping holidays in the UK that you don't?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 3 weeks later...

The news.

What a sad, dismal world we live in. Planes crashing on unsuspecting bystanders caught in a queue, ancient monuments blown up by complete **cktards, and pissed off employees who aren't happy with their lives, shooting co-workers who are engaged and happy with their lives. That's on the days when you don't read about rapes, assaults, robberies, world-economy issues and illnesses. What a depressing world we live in eh? I'm no longer going to keep on top of current affairs, and instead going to do all I can to make it a better place as I go. I won't be able to though if I keep seeing it in such a shocking state. Asshats.

Deleting the BBC app as we speak.

Found out the accident blocking the M3 on Tuesday was a friend and customer driving his beloved blower Bentley RIP Edward

hindsight: the science that is never wrong