Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 25 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

That's a harsh thing to see Alan, someone almost drove into me on a large roundabout today but as it was dark and heavy rain i was going very slowly, give him a little beep on the horn and all was good.

Tragic Al and sorry you had to see that, but good news you are ok too.

I have to ask if you knew what had distracted the guy so much that he did not see the stationary traffic and react?

I don't want to prejudge but the number of people I see these days on phones, and much worse reading and responding to text/email messages on phones really does scare the shit out of me and I've seen many very close shaves as a result. I hope it wasn't similar as that woujd be a very expensive email/text and probably not worth dying for.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi Andy, 

Seeing it itself isn't an issue as it happens as all happened so rapidly and as a marshall that does extracations from wrecks as a hobby have seen much worse.

After realising everybody was basically intact at the time I was more annoyed with him for what might have been as he ruined 4 other Christmases. Even if only due to damaged cars. He wasn't the type to even have a phone switched on at 75+ (Age) and when first approached didn't want any medical help and was apparently fine. Even the Police woman I spoke to says the only explanation was some sort of medical 'event' behind the wheel but whatever it was he was still steering as just gone though a dip and turned right only a few seconds before. I doubt we will ever know now as he was obviously confused immediately afterwards. 

What it has done is make me glad that I basically shopped my Mother and the FIL when I felt they couldn't drive any longer safely at a point when a Doc wouldn't have pulled licence without my intervention. It didn't make me popular with either at the time but I have a free conscience. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Sorry Al missed the bit he was an older geezer. Fully agree with you re older parents, I took my mothers keys away 3 years ago and bloody glad I did. She was a danger to herself and others, more through dithering / positioning / awareness than anything else. She eventually got over it and started to speak to me again ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Got a phone call at 2.30 this morning from our foster agency. Could we care for 3 siblings for drop off straight away. Sadly we have a house full and couldn't help but its quite a depressing start to Christmas for 3 young children.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So sad at this time of year. I hope they managed to find a loving family. Many of us just don't realise how lucky we are. my older sister previously worked in social services and has said in the past that this is not an uncommon situation at this time of year.

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Lemmy's died. :(

Wow, hats a scary statement o read first thing in the morning. While I was working in the North Sea, ex years ago my nickname was Lemmy, and to get up and find I had died.

All the news feeds on TV today about him brought back too many memories.  They went back to Hawkwind and Silver Machine and I remember seeing them live in 72 or maybe 73 in Perth when I was still at school.  It has to be said mainly because they also had Erica of the unnaturally large chest who may even have sung as well but I can't remember that bit.  I was surprised to find out he was only 12 years older which is one of those days offshore when we were bullshitting in the mess room and you realise that everybody bar 2 others are younger and in many cases younger than my kids and most not born when I was watching him .  :(:(:(

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 3 weeks later...

Being held to ransom over a bid on a house.  2 rejections... 3rd offer, Let us think about it over the weekend... still no answer.  Now they are trying to set a deadline to encourage another bid. 

Dont think so! You just lost a chain free buyer :wallbash::banned:

Kieran,

Is it the seller or the agent doing the the ransom negotiation? or do you deal direct in Scotland?

I once shared an office with the person I was buying a property from. The estate agent came out with all sorts of rubbish that was just not true. As we were quite open with each other about the negotiations. (which went via the agent and across the office)

Agents act in their own best interests not that of the buyer or seller.

with a bit of luck they might phone you up and accept your last offer....

The seller showed us around but all correspondance is through the agent.  I have given them a deadline to accept my offer or I move on as I wont get caught up in the bidding battles that seem to happen up here.

The contracts here in scotland are horrific if you pull out during a deal - life changing monetary numbers as punishment!

They have basically tied me up for a week with little feedback.  Having just seen another brilliant property today, I am keen to make a clean break before putting in two offers on two properties and both being accepted. :o

There are sometimes some cloak and dagger negotiations that go on up here.... everybody knows everybody.  A little bit of info is dangerous.

Edited by Fueltheburn

• Gold FFM

Keiran. Save all the hassle. Come and buy my house, chain free and far cheaper than anything 30 minutes away in Aberdeen.

On 1/2/2016 at 23:46, Arun_D said:

Big stonechip in the centre of my less-than-month-old old Exige V6 Cup's windscreen. Grrrr!!!

Gutted!

Let's just hope that is not amplified by the repair company dripping resin all over your wing and then denying it!

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Fueltheburn said:

I am looking in those areas anyway John.  Huntly, Stuartfield, Longhill, Peterhead...

Aberdeen is overpriced and I cant get outbuildings there.

Seriously, my place is up for sale with a bigger back garden than most Aberdeen places have total in sites. I actually have planning permission to build a second house on it, and a double garage, 6mt x 6Mt its that big, but we are moving overseas so it's got to go. Just spent 3k on the lounge and another 6 onnew front bay windows and front door.

• 1 month later...

Finding that some thieving scum had attempted to break into my van last night. Fortunately I have removed the lever that operates the lock from the key and rely on the central locking as I know it is a weak spot on these vans. I have also got cctv footage to hand over to the police should they ever get back to me. This is a very common problem around here and they were very brazen about how they went about it, not even bothering when the flood light lit him up attempting to break in. I think what scared them off was that our dog heard them and started barking, you should see them run!

Fortunately  my van will be taking up residence in my new garage when I have finished building along with my Lotus Éclat and Burlington Arrow

all the best

Dan