Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 29 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Our recruitment department has been rebranded. Talent Acquisition. Fer feck's sake.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I can give it another name. The department that reads anacronyms on CV's.

That in many cases mean ferk all.

I have HLO, DGM by AIR, S1, S2,and 3. Crane operation's,  Adnavced Apollo. SR 971 Advanced, SWH, CSE, FF, H2S Opito, H2S Opito L2, SG Induction, MH, Radio ops cert, Certified lifting advisor, Engineering Maintence Diploma, Deck operations, advanced. And thats the ones I can remember. Oops I dont have an MBA or an HNC although my Engineering Maintenance is the same value.

My father always said, stick in at school, get a trade and you will never go wrong, well he was right, this will be the first time in 43 years it didnt work.

Bullocks.

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Our recruitment department has been rebranded. Talent Acquisition. Fer feck's sake.

Sparky, ask them where the departments are for "Talent Retention" and "Talent Development". That'll confuse the dim witted buggers for ages.  The biggest talent pool you have is already acquired....  FFS.....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

To be honest, I'm eagerly awaiting the next round of Talent Disposal to make way for the new breed of Don't Know Shit From Shinola But Has An 'Ology.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

. And thats the ones I can remember. Oops I dont have an MBA or an HNC although my Engineering Maintenance is the same value.

My father always said, stick in at school, get a trade and you will never go wrong, well he was right, this will be the first time in 43 years it didnt work.

Bullocks.

My grandad told me the same - you can always fall back on it

so after 15 years in manufacturing and them paying for a hnc, hnd, another hnc and finally and mba - I'd had enough of the utter bullshit that manufacturing has turned into - I jumped out and back into that old trade my gramps said about !!!

im afraid a visit to McDonald's and their new way of taking orders and making "food" is a shining example of what is wrong with our country !! We seem to be utterly content with mediocrity 

Only here once

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Im afraid a visit to McDonald's and their new way of taking orders and making "food" is a shining example of what is wrong with our country !! We seem to be utterly content with mediocrity 

No. Totally disagree. Sorry.

The issue is we seem to be content being led and managed by complete muppets and useless pregnant fish and most people are too afraid too call it out. I call it the "emperors new clothes syndrome". ;)

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

HR stands for Human Refuse

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

No. Totally disagree. Sorry.

The issue is we seem to be content being led and managed by complete muppets and useless pregnant fish and most people are too afraid too call it out. I call it the "emperors new clothes syndrome". ;)

I hate it as well @C8RKH unfortunately it would appear there ain't enough of us to resolve this situation with a revolution!! If the eu get their way they will be centralising the army as well so it can never be dismantled. On the plus side - my old director got the sack last week - he was a knob and had it coming for a long time - he managed to fool them for 6 years

• Like 1

Only here once

HR was Human Remains with us. The HR department at the last place I worked had a good weez - they stated they were just advisors so they never actually made a decision and therefore were never actually to blame for anything - it was always the managers fault if something went wrong even when the advice was complete Sh1te. Anyway they were never available when needed so were completely bloody useless anyway.

This is one of the reasons I now work with real sheep and cows - the HR department and recruitment is so much more effective.

Probably a lot more interesting and stimulating blether too as you walk around the field with a nice brew @March

No longer a need to drink the Coolaid or bite your tongue.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Yep, and you can actually gropw musrooms instead of being treated like, as in kept in the dark and fed bullshit.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I think half the battle is knowing what you're really good at, and makes you tick, and being able to articukate how that translates into value to them were they are now helps.

Reminds me a bit of my favourite line by comedian, Paula Poundstone, when she says that adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas. 

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Michael. Vent as much as you like mate. Looks like I may be in a similar position in a few weeks time. Worked my ass off for the last 9 years and it means sod all. And I turned a lss making devision into a huge profit maker. Seems the fact that I dont have a degree in business, I dont qualify for the job I have been doing for the past 18 months. Strange as the previous two managers, highly educated and qualified people, did nothing but lose money and claim huge bonuses and salaries for their efforts, while I elected to keep my salary as it was for 18 months to turn the place arround, did what I said I would do and now looks like a qualified gent is to take over.

John, does this give you decent ground for an unfair dismissal case based on results? I am not sure how it all works, but surely there is something about this that smacks of unfairness?

I know that if we look from the outside, that the law does not seem fair though.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Its a strange one as we have to work under two different contracts. One to satisfy Kaz law and of course my employers one, but again it's different as it's through Abu Dhabi, so just not sure how it stands. Will just have to wait until the 25/26th when I am due home and see what happens. Certainly going to scupper plans for my car change, thats for sure.

• Gold FFM

Whilst I have no actual colleagues as such   - customers yes but no colleagues (my Company Xmas party is always a bit dull lol - just me) I am becoming noticeable more aware of employees from Companies who have very obviously sent their employees on a recent Customer Care training courses - 

A Shell Petrol station employee on the till this week asked "how are you today? Going anywhere nice today? Any plans for the weekend?

The Bank clerk this week was asking "Family ok? and what have you got planned for the rest of the day?"

These are random strangers people I've never met (and not the best questions to be asking me right now anyway) I'm not in these places looking for a conversation or to make new friends. What is wrong with a polite smile and Good Morning or Good Afternoon?

Grumpy old man syndrome I'm sure .... But If it's not broken it don't need fixing.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'm with you @Mayesprit. A smile, a pleasant good morning/afternoon and a thankyou for your business is all that is required.

If they asked me how the family was etc they could be in danger of a "mind your own friggin business' type of response.

Probably yet another mindless training programme from another mindless MBA.

• Like 2

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Nah - just spray them both with loads of wd40 and go and collect that mot !!

replace at leisure next week !

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

response time, if you apply on jobs in modern industry is so odd .. automated mail with 'we've got your post in' notes, but after that 4 weeks or six weeks nothing ..

and if you ask by phone in the meantime, in most case no one knows that there was / is a job on the career page  ..

other odd thing is SAP 's "automated applycation tool" .. several companies use - we learn as students how to write up a CV, cover letter and "design" a application-map in international style  .. but the companies let the candidates do the job of the H&R-stuff, and the candidate has to fill in by hand (or with a not so "intelligent" parser tool)  pages after pages with terms and data about the worklife, studies & career

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

It is with the utmost sadness that I must report that, following a brave year-long battle with Ovarian Cancer, my beloved mum passed away this morning. At least now, she is no longer in pain. RIP Mum.