Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 38 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

It wouldn't look this bad if I wasn't on a blood thinner. I bruise WAY more easily than I used to.

Truth be known, the dentist I use doesn't drive either of those cars and really is a very nice person. All evidence to the contrary.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...

Been up at Kings again today with my best pal who had brain surgery at the weekend after a nasty fall down the stairs led to a headbutt on the drill he was carrying and dropped. 

TLF will be taking a backseat for a while as I'll more than likely be up there a lot while he recovers. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Bibs, he is in the best place for any brain injury. I was in there for 3 months they are the best in the world. Fact 

My thoughts are with your friend. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

All the best to him from Club Lotus NE Scotland Bib's. and that other project can wait until you have more time, friends and family come first bud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Impreza brakes started making the noise they make when the wear indicator is on the disc and having changed the fronts last year I bought a set of rear pads and changed them, they had been an advisory on the last MOT after all. Didn't think they were that bad in truth when I swapped them out, went out for a drive to give them a little bed in and the noise was still there so off to ECP to buy some more front pads and change them today. Can't remember the exact date but the Brembo pads I used seem to have lasted less than 12 months :huh: 

It's my 3rd car, used for now I have a spare set of wheels and winter tyres, runs to the tip or left at the station and lent to pals on occasion. it's not even done 5,000 miles! Will be getting the Pagid option this time, same as the ones I put on the rear. 

The Rolls Royce Shadow 2 used to eat a set of discs every year, let alone pads.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

So, I am walking across the kitchen floor last Friday and think's, that's strange, it feels like it's moving. Further investigation show cracks in the grouting around the tiles. Shit, what the ferk. So coveralls on and under the floor goes me, and of course it has the be the furthest away point from the hatch. Anyway, get's to the far side and discover half a dozen rotten boards and two sections on a joist. Further look shows huge damp area. Ferk. Well 11 year's back we had a window taken out and patio doors fitted, so I am thinking, they have ferked up, phone the ferkers and get it seen to, call made, building inspector due on Tuesday. During this time I think ,well better support this somehow so 2"x 2" baton's and some sheet flooring purchased. Cut sheeting to fit in between joist, screw batons to existing good timber to hold up temporary repair, job done. NO. Building inspector chappie come's out, not happy he has to crawl under the floor to inspect damage but is happy that I gave him a nice new boiler suit to cover his two piece Grey set. Anyway, down we go, and as it had been snowing, water was evident and dripping off the new timber's. Engineer goes on to demonstrate how water has been going up over the lip of the guttering outside the house, soaking into the edge of the roofing, then running down the inside of the exterior wall to the base plate and soaking the timber's. So, insurance called, explained the issue and they say yes water ingress is cover by your buildings insurance send us some pics and we will give you a costing to get it fixed. He then goes on to say, we will have to remove you kitchen unit's and replace the complete floor. Ferk off. it's only 4 length's of tongue and groove timber and a couple of joists to be replaced, check the render and repair. NO say's he, we have to remove it all, patch repair the exterior render and that's it. FERK OFF. Our exterior wall is coated in local Red granite chippign's, and has to be re done to match the rest of the house, the existing rendering will first have to be removed as there is now a cavity between it and the brick as the water had become frozen and burst it out, so the complete wall will have to be done. His final question before I put the phone down on him was. Can you send me a photograph showing the cavity.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

"His final question before I put the phone down on him was. Can you send me a photograph showing the cavity."

Ooh, Matron!

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

John,  Gutted for you mate,  fair play to you holding your ground on the render,  its not just the colour match, render repairs tend to blow after a few years so stand your ground and get the full wall done ! Hope it gets sorted out quickly for you chap,  

A

• Gold FFM
On 2/1/2017 at 08:15, silverfrost said:

John,  Gutted for you mate,  fair play to you holding your ground on the render,  its not just the colour match, render repairs tend to blow after a few years so stand your ground and get the full wall done ! Hope it gets sorted out quickly for you chap,  

Ferk insurance companies.Spent the day ripping out the floor and splicing in new joists. New kiln dried and treated tongue and groove boards. 23.10 and almost done. Nice phone call today to say someone coming to view the house on Saturday, They cant half pick their moments. OK coffee break done, better get back to it.

• Like 1

It's Friday, I have been away all week, I have spent the whole day yesterday catching up with paperwork and today the same. I now learn I had stupidly signed up to work all Day Sunday starting at 6am and have a boring commitment I can't get out of for the whole day Saturday. 

Roll on Monday so I can have a rest at my desk! GAH!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Just imagine how much beard you can grow whilst working.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.