Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 73 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Two weeks Vauxhall have had my van

last week they moved it from Worcester to Cheltenham without me even knowing as their commercial ramp broke.

today - they confirm it’s in bits - needs a new engine they think - pending approval from Vauxhall.

date of return - unknown - can’t seem to be able to put a date on that

• Confused 1

Only here once

The plonker selling a car on eBay, after I suggest collection at the weekend (auction ends Monday evening), is demanding collection before Friday, but didn't think to mention any such restriction in the listing.

Perhaps I should have known the sort of person, as he had to update the listing during the auction to state "collection only".

• Gold FFM

After having had several weeks with a different random selection of LEDs illuminate in the front clusters each time I turned on the Evora's sidelights, they now seem to have had a union meeting and agreed on strike action (or should that be inaction?) in that once they are out, they stay out. MOT due in 6 weeks - great! :angry:

Valentines day. Spend Spend spend or you are made to feel guilty, on what is basically a made up day to part you from your hard earned. It used to be a card, now it (price inflated) flowers, or even jewelery and a meal out.

Well bah humbug. I've signed up for an extra shift tonight, 1800 to 0100. So NYAHHHHHHHHHHH! :harhar:

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

37 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Valentines day. Spend Spend spend or you are made to feel guilty, on what is basically a made up day to part you from your hard earned. It used to be a card, now it (price inflated) flowers, or even jewelery and a meal out.

Well bah humbug. I've signed up for an extra shift tonight, 1800 to 0100. So NYAHHHHHHHHHHH! :harhar:

IMG-20190214-WA0000.jpg

We have a good arrangement - I get taken to the shops and shown the card I would have got if SWMBO had remembered. I try and remember to get something trivial just so I can play the guilt card but even I forgot this year!

25 year anniversary in October. Haven't bought one over priced shite valentine or anniversary card once. Never.

Go figure...

And she ain't getting one fir the 25th either.

Complete and utter total rollocks the whole thing.

Where"s me humbugs?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18 hours ago, C8RKH said:

25 year anniversary in October. Haven't bought one over priced shite valentine or anniversary card once. Never.

And she ain't getting one fir the 25th either.

Ours is in September, and we have a cruise in the Med, in fact I only have 3 days of work between it and our trip to the IOM so we'll still have our tans. :thumbup:. Didn't buy her a Valentines card or pressie either, although she usually gets me one and a bottle of red. I do usually get her an Anniversary card though.

6 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Am I being too harsh and do I need to be more forgiving/understanding?  Genuine question.

No. She can go fornicate with herself.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Moving away for Valentine's day,  2/15 /19 is now National made up Emergency Day in the USA.  It was very sad that Parkland shooting was yesterday.  This unnecessary emergency has taken away from the Parkland survivors, focusing on gun control and the Mueller probe.  It's all about diversion.  I know you guys got the Brexit stuff to deal with, but I just thought I'd share our misery from the other side of the pond.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

13 minutes ago, bogle said:

This unnecessary emergency has taken away from the Parkland survivors, focusing on gun control and the Mueller probe.  

Not being funny, but are you sure that isn't part of "his" evil master plan given his political allies.

We are in many ways as concerned with his antics as you are - the affects are global.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Thanks Colin.  Glad to know the UK is just as concerned as we are here in the US.  It's been 2 years of absolute hell for me. 

No more billionaires (if he is even one - House of Reps will get his tax returns hopefully soon) in office.  Billionaire's don't know how the common folk live and struggle paycheck to paycheck.  Could you believe the pathetic Wilbur Ross (worth over $700 million) during the shutdown - "Oh, they can just take out a loan to get by".  The concept of being without money for billionaires is totally alien.  How can they identify with the "actual" working class.

In your Parliament,  are most of the members multi-millionaires or billionaires?

Just think our US Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court and yes the President needs to be middle class individuals and NOT corporation owners with unlimited funds. If you make more than $5 million annually, then you are disqualified from any office within the US Congressional system.

I was never seriously worried about our country politically until this megalomaniac pushed his way into office.  I need this season of Reality President to come to an end and never be repeated - no syndication either.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

4 minutes ago, bogle said:

In your Parliament,  are most of the members multi-millionaires or billionaires?

Not to the same degree probably, but lets just say they are more likely to worry about which roof they will choose to sleep under rather than whether they will have one at all. 

On 11/02/2019 at 21:10, andydclements said:

The plonker selling a car on eBay, after I suggest collection at the weekend (auction ends Monday evening), is demanding collection before Friday, but didn't think to mention any such restriction in the listing.

Perhaps I should have known the sort of person, as he had to update the listing during the auction to state "collection only".

Oh well. after a couple of days of silence, finally got a collection address and telephone number on Friday. Set to drive there today at 2pm, having spent 20 mins waiting to talk to the insurer to swap over cars and add the existing as additional for a few weeks, we set off. At 2:30, message to say it's broken.

@andydclements sounds like a good idea to back out and mark up as a close call.

My irritant for today - people who can’t keep their vehicles between the kerbs. Builders who park on grass verges, HGV drivers who drag their trailers over traffic islands because they can’t be bothered to take a wide turn and people who’d rather stick 2 wheels up the verge than wait 3 seconds for the car coming the other way to pass. 

The verges round here look like the Somme every winter. 

Don't get me started on dimwit truck drivers who block a 2 lane motorway for almost 2 miles at 54mph trying to overtake each other uphill with a speed difference of less than 1 mph...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

57 minutes ago, Dave Eds said:

Try driving a truck when cars are parked irresponsibly ........

Accepted, it happens, but too often it is impatience or laziness and frankly not giving a shit.

There are a number of traffic islands round our way where HGV drivers do it regularly, its not a parking issue as they are double yellow and most of the lorry drivers manage to keep it on the road. Funny enough when the council were repairing them and put a fecking great lump of concrete there they managed not to do it, yet the day after the repair is done and the bollard removed there are 2 bloody great troughs in the grass. 

59 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Don't get me started on dimwit truck drivers who block a 2 lane motorway for almost 2 miles at 54mph trying to overtake each other uphill with a speed difference of less than 1 mph...

Different subject...

54 minutes ago, Dan E said:

@C8RKHspend my life behind them drives me mad, why doesn’t the one on the inside just pull back a bit. It must be a HGV thing or truck c*+ts as I call them 

Van c*+ts lol 😀

• Haha 1

Dave.