Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 75 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Does being 56% owned by the Bahrain Sovereign fund qualify it as British?

What does it take to qualify as a British car company these days? Made here? Owned here? Headquartered here? Driven here? Pay taxes here?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

17 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Bugger...…

Peugeot 3008 started misfiring. Needs a new engine - £9k.

Not going to happen. 😨

Glad I've got some extra cars to use in it's place.

Anyone want it?

Misfire 9grand 😳😦

3 out of the four cylinders have issues. No idea why. Only done 70k.

I did say I was going to run it until it died after replacing all the injectors 18 months ago. Just thought it might last 4-5 years.

Have always used Super unleaded. It's going to be as Mr K says.

• Gold FFM

Slight misfire - my mate who’s a mechanic reckons it’s a fuse but I’ve given up  and can’t be bothered 🤪

Only here once

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Does being 56% owned by the Bahrain Sovereign fund qualify it as British?

What does it take to qualify as a British car company these days? Made here? Owned here? Headquartered here? Driven here? Pay taxes here?

I don't know.  That's why I said British-owned.  I think Rolls Royce and Bentley are built here as they feel that qualifies them as British.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Aston, Bentley, RR, Mini and McLaren are all built here yes. Maybe it's not where they are built but HQ'd as all those have their HQ's in the UK but all I believe are majority owned by either a Non UK HQ'd company or fund. I think that as the auto industry is these days is a truly  international affair it's getting harder to label on nationalistic grounds.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On 06/09/2018 at 16:55, C8RKH said:

Bloody 'ell David that is ridiculous. To get my own back I would go and spend £2.00 at the supermarket buying say 20 envelopes. Address them to Royal Mails Head office. Put nothing in them and no stamp on them and post one a day for 20 days.  That'll cost them quite a bit and as they are the recipient they will only get the envelope delivered once they have coffed up the "missing postage" fee.

You won't get any recompense for this, but I bet as you drive that big truck of yours across the Uk it will give you a chuckle when you think how much it has cost them to deal with it.  Call it a draw at that point.

How very grown up. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JG220 said:

How very grown up. 

@JG220- are you going to attack everything I post now? Replying like this to something I posted in September as a joke response shows how grown up you are mate and brings out your vindictive streak. So why don't you just sod off!  There. You got the response you obviously wanted so you can now take the evidence to the mods and get me banned. Have a happy life mate.

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

So why don't you just sod off!  There. You got the response you obviously wanted so you can now take the evidence to the mods and get me banned. Have a happy life mate.

This is laughable, finally. Still "very grown up", though.

42 minutes ago, vd9 said:

This is laughable, finally. Still "very grown up", though.

It's a joke to be honest. James has an issue on another thread so trawls back through 6 months of posts to have a dig and he thinks I'm childish. Hey ho. Good news is I've just put the toffee pop corn in the microwave. The response will be good. 😂🤣

I'll get other one on next accusing me of using humour to deflect from bullying or something similar. 

If they're what grown ups are like I'm quite happy to stay a child.

The small print.

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

It's a joke to be honest. James has an issue on another thread so trawls back through 6 months of posts to have a dig and he thinks I'm childish. Hey ho. Good news is I've just put the toffee pop corn in the microwave. The response will be good. 😂🤣

I'll get other one on next accusing me of using humour to deflect from bullying or something similar. 

If they're what grown ups are like I'm quite happy to stay a child.

Pot calling kettle black 

• Gold FFM

I hadn’t actually realised it was an old post, it was in my unread. I’d have made the same comment whoever had posted it. 

I promise to make more effort to try to find the humour in future, genuinely. 

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Pot calling kettle black 

Scotty, You obviously don't gel with my sense of humour or life outlook so give it up mate. I'll restrain from using it if I respond to any of your posts.

And just to be accurate, i don't have any black pots or kettles. They're all stainless steel.

The small print.

4 hours ago, Trevsked said:

And you said you’d restrain from humour in responding 😂. You’re so uncontrolled 🙂

Trevor.

I was merely stating facts! Nothing more. Think of it as me using one of my stainless steel pots to put the fire out.

To be honest Trevor, as I get older I realise that life really is too short to take yourself, or life, too seriously. I accept not everyone agrees with my approach and that is fine. I used to be controlled - and a right boring know it all pain in the ass. Now, well, I'm just an easy going uncontrollable pain in the ass, but happier with it.

• Like 1

The small print.

For as long as you continue to accomodate me I will always be your little pain in the arse Ian!  😝😱

Damn, I just can't stop myself. Bad dobbie, bad dobbie!

The small print.

8 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

You’ve never been the same since you voted for Corbyn 

Well, now you are just being silly Mr. Barry. There's banter. There's humour. There's joviality. But that is just downright offensive comrade. ( a hundred thousand apologies for anyone who did actually vote for him, don't worry, there's always the next vote to get your cross in the right box).

• Haha 1

The small print.