Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 77 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

@march Had 2 nextbase cams. One gone back the other is a pain in the arse. Would never go anywhere near another.  Also got a roadhawk and 2 blackvues, all 3 do the job well and no issues. 

Need one for the daily and will probably be another blackvue. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

3 hours ago, bogle said:

My local police department doesn't have the software necessary to reconstruct missing pixel information

You sayin' the Police cannot fabricate evidence? That's a new one :detective:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:33, march said:

Just been forced off the road into the central reservation in the Esprit at 80mph - still shaking. The car undertook after tailgating me and then forced me off the road ( I was behind the van so I was not exactly causing an obstruction). Does anyone know how to enhance an image to get the number plate. It has been reported to the Police but I don't have the registration.

Picture of the guy attached.

Fortunately there does not seem to be any damage to the car but he got within a couple of inches of the side of the car before I had to swerve into the central reservation.

WP_20190326_12_44_59_Pro (2).jpg

@march & @Bibs

Not sure it will help but I'd place a bet that this is your culprit?

greybmw1.thumb.jpg.c86dd330db87a80034a6c2a568af768b.jpg

greybmw2.thumb.jpg.531ce2165e0b11ad5a871bdcb9ec3329.jpg

X-ray vision is useful sometimes 😁

greybmw3.thumb.jpg.ae1b52e1e7c06dca2ff2d10d5c70652d.jpg

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Just had a very expensive lesson in dealing with Suppliers. 6 months and £300+ later I finally got a set of carbon "race" door cards for my VX220.  My excitement at being told these were "top quality" was fully tempered  by the reality on looking at them.

Apparently this is very acceptable for a "race" version - funny, I've never seen shit carbon on a race car yet!  Buyer beware i guess and as this is the second set, the first were even worse, I can't be bothered to now send them back again and wait another 3 or 4 months. I guess I'll just cover them FFS. He did suggest they would look great when fitted as the gaps would not be seen - so i reminded him my VX and her doors are SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you think I am being harsh re the quality, maybe my expectation is just wrong. yes, that is the sun you see shining right through the gaps were the carbon weave should be. Maybe if I coloured in from the back with a black permanent marker it would hide them. A bloody expensive dot-to-dot picture though.

IMG_20190408_142655200.jpg

• Confused 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yup. Good idea. But £300 and then having to do that is a pisser to be honest. At least I know where NOT to buy future carbon bits from.....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

They say the camera never lies, well I can assure you that that bloody camera is telling huge porky pies!!!

Oh, and that's the misses you can see there. She'd just had her hair done too.....   🤣😂

• Haha 1

The small print.

Hi, Thanks for all this effort in identifying the number plate, it really shows what a good bunch of chaps there are on this forum.

What I will say is that this kind of incident really knocks ones confidence and is not something I have come to expect of drivers in Devon. I have had people do this to me by accident and it has never phased me, but to have someone do it deliberately when the outcome could quite easily have ended up with a significant accident has made me think twice.

I am glad my main car is a sodding great Landcruiser 🤪.

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Not many days I would say I’d rather be at work but today is one of them.

Arrived by Ambulance at Torbay Hospital last night. I’ve had kidney stones before so gallstones decided to make an appearance yesterday. Kin painful little blighters. 

On the plus side - what bloody good stuff Morphine is 😁👍

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Gall Bladder stones block it up and cause major issues with digesting certain kinds of foods. If you continue getting them then speak to your GP about having the Gall Bladder removed. Wendy had it done after 2 years of pain and selective eating and is absolutely fine now!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just been released after a week in hospital  being treated for an inflamed gall bladder and a septicemia that came as part of the package!  My problem was with "sludge" blocking things up rather than a gall stone. At its peak in the ambulance on the way to A&E the pain was indescribable, but I  can attest to the effectiveness of morphine as a pain killer, the AMG (!) cocktail of antibiotics they gave me,  and the quality of care available on the NHS. Still have a drain in the gall bladder waiting for them to do some tests to see if it's going to drain normally when/if the tube comes out, and if they intend to take the gall bladder out. Amazed that they regularly remove them as a day patient using keyhole surgery, which is the likely scenario for me I expect.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

That's what it is. Wendy was a bit bruised for a couple of days but was soon back and so much better! Get well soon Colin and Ian.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

This: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47959207

Extinction Rebellion demands more money to fight Global warming.

Current Cost £4million a day in loss of earning alone, from the disruption caused. 15,000 jobs in that area of London at risk and that doesn't include the cost of Policing, 150 extra BTP Officers Hundreds more regular Police, 300 arrests which all cost money.

What the Absolute F**K? This is nothing to do with CLimate, this is about anarchism.

• Like 1

Some dickhead in a Skoda, who blocks you and then sits in the outside lane (of 2) and then films you with his phone (in his left hand) when you finally can stand his blocking no longer and when you zip past, sends the film into the police! What a total vulva. He breaks tons of rules, but I'm the one being fined - how is that right?