Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 85 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Totally agree Barry.

Cant help thinking that there’s an element of brainwashing going on with the school children of today as well. Some of those protesting aren’t mature enough to be able to analyse all of the facts and make their own mind up.

Couldn’t agree more.

My 11 year old nephew apparently asked my sister last Thursday night if he could come out of school and join his schools protest last Friday. My sisters reply was no chance! - and if I find out you do, you’ll have no WiFi at home for the weekend. (He chose not to) after all what’s more important, an Xbox or saving the planet. The irony 🤣

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Listening to some of the 'talk' from the Labour Party Conference!

Do these deluded fools think that referring to each other as 'Comrades' is ever going to make them more appealing to the mainstream human beings.

Have none of them read 1984 or Animal Farm?. Perhaps they have and they yearn for it!

It’s not a happy “con”ference either is it

Only here once

11 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Listening to some of the 'talk' from the Labour Party Conference!

Do these deluded fools think that referring to each other as 'Comrades' is ever going to make them more appealing to the mainstream human beings.

Have none of them read 1984 or Animal Farm?. Perhaps they have and they yearn for it!

Oh, J E R E M Y Corbyn... 

oh, J E R E M Y Corbyn....

You're undone mate!

You only needed to watch Rebecca Long Bailey this morning protesting how yesterdays conference vote farce was thoroughly democratic!  I do believe they are totally clueless, and they are numpties if they think they are fooling anyone.

The Tories have exploded. Labours best chance for well over a decade and Corbyn is killing them... Jeez Jezza get a reality dose and move on.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 10/06/2019 at 19:29, Bibs said:

:blink:

s.jpg

14 weeks on and they started work on the interior of the house only to find Asbestos tiles throughout so I've got a company over next week to deal with that. This is how they've left it once they found the suspect tiles!

Nice!

20190906_163844.jpg

Contents claim was settled last week in full. I made an official complaint to Legal and General and the full offer to settle was made the next morning! They asked if I'd like to close the complaint now that was done but I'm not willing to do that. I now also have an official complaint in against the buildings insurance company too. Too many delays with no good reasons. I'm very patient, but they've been incompetent and negligent in my opinion now. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Not belittling your problems and sorry to hear of them - but on the bright side it'd have cost you a fortune to get rid of those tiles if not for the claim.

Not as important but my contribution to the Unhappy thread - my wife just gave ma a Nestle Whip (note not a Walnut Whip) - the buggers have deleted the walnut!!

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

3 hours ago, Colin P said:

my wife just gave ma a Nestle Whip

And I was about to say you lucky boy!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Your wife gave one to your Ma?........no wait that sounds wrong............. Your wife whipped your ma? ............no thats even worse...........

No Walnut.............well done Tony, think they didn't notice...........

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

2 hours ago, pete said:

Where is all this crap coming from from some bloke Morris who has only just joined

I bet he's a minor! 😜

• Haha 1

The small print.

Give him a clip round the ear then.......... oh wait :popo:

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

As of today you can't do that in Scotland. Cue a whole new generation of even more lawless, needy and entitled kids.

Bring back the birch...

• Like 2

The small print.

An entitled Minor maybe. As opposed to a hard grafting miner.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Taken a long overdue day off to hit a small white ball around a field for 18 holes - and it’s absolutely hissing down all day. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I took some paperwork to do with my dad, who has passed away, to a lawyer today so I could understand what it all meant. These people speak another language.

What means one thing as we read it, has turned out to be quite the opposite once we had finished with the lawyer.

My mum passed away a long time ago. My dad just recently. He remarried. In getting some money from the bank, he has had to add her as 50% owner of the property. Now that dad has passed away, she can go into the land titles place, get everything signed over to herself and then leave all of that to her son Shane.

Myself, my younger sister and my younger brother will not see a cent.

And no, there is nothing we can do.

I hope the house bursts into flames with them in it.

Now where is my JD and Dry?

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

All I can say without being too crude is what a bitch. I hope she chokes on the taxes involved. Sorry it turned so sour.

When my nan died (on my dads side) one of his siblings was there the day after clearing out the house taking what they wanted. Being split across the globe, nobody could stop them.

Nan was in Holland, they were too. We are UK, the other sister in Canada and last one South Africa. Would cost more in flights than any monetary gain - so we settled on memories associated with specific items and shipped them. Luckily my nan spent what would of been inheritance on visiting us all. She was home maybe 2 months a year, bless her soul! Much nicer to have that instead of the money.

I hope you get some karma and it works out better - but if not, just remember, you know where they live... and it's halloween soon. Be a shame if someone egged their house, aye?

Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing.

I'm fortunate that my Dad really has no money and even if he did I wouldn't take it.  Learned my lesson with my Mother-In-Law.  She left money to her kids (her husband was killed by a drunk driver) and that caused rifts between the wife's family members.  Personally, I would rather give the money back (it wasn't a lot) and have my Mother-In-Law back- minus the pancreatic cancer that took her away.  She was a terrific woman.  The wife and I would take her with us on all vacations.

With that said, I still think your Dad's new wife should have taken notice of your family and done something.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Picking the Focus up after leaving it parked at Gatwick for 23 days, only to find there’s nothing left in the battery. Nothing. Zilch, not a vestigial glow from anywhere. And of course it was pissing down with rain, after an 8 hour night flight. Had to jump start it.

The car’s 9 months old, so I called the dealer today, who said that the dead battery scenario was entirely possible, given the amount of electronics onboard these days.

Seriously?

Margate Exotics.

Yeah - I just started my Exige after being sat for near 3 weeks, was a weak start.

My brother in law is a Master tech at Honda, they had this issue a lot, mostly on "keyless entry" cars. 2 weeks was about the average life of the battery. My GT86 had the same issue, called AA and Toyota out about 8-10 times before it was finally replaced under warranty. 

Yes and no
They checked it over 3 times, each time taking 2 hours of my time each trip, and todl i was fine.
AA said the battery is knackered n won't charge - twice.
Eventually took it back to Toyota again after making a fuss - I drove 4 hours up north non stop. grabbed some lunch, came back - wouldn't start. No joke, couldn't even power the wipers at full speed. had to turn it off and on again about 5 times. Finally snapped, dropped it off at Toyota the day after my trip, told them to sort it. Company lease - the moment I moaned it's costing my business money ( a bit of a lie, but still )  they were very apologetic, and magically, the battery was at fault. Shock horror!

Huge fuss for minimal £££ fix. 

Sadly car dealers seem to be this ages double glazing firms. My S90 had a supposed full service and yet after hardly no use the windscreen washer was empty and took me 6ltrs to fill. Makes me wonder how much oil they put in the fecker......😭

The small print.