Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Your daily drive? - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Your daily drive?

Fiat Stilo 3 door 1.9 JTD, great little practical runaround, 50+MPG, also have a Jaguar XJ6, too big, too thirsty, but the comfort :)

Before that had a Prelude VTEC, a great car, good power and a great drivers car.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiat Stilo 3 door 1.9 JTD, great little practical runaround, 50+MPG, also have a Jaguar XJ6, too big, too thirsty, but the comfort smile.png

Before that had a Prelude VTEC, a great car, good power and a great drivers car.

Very few turbo diesels on this side of the pond. My Civic returns 37 mpg highway averaging 75 mph! Goes through snow amazingly well. Something noted for Upstate New York Winters. We average nearly one hundred inches of snow per year.

Lyn

Sparky not just red, but known as the "Mighty Red Honda" (actually it was Milano red)

Went off to become an asian rice racer in Huddersfield......

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

If we are discussing Winter time, a new Honda Civic EX Coupe with four Nokian RSI's. Summer duty is shared between my Esprit S1 (when it runs!) and an Infiniti G 35 six speed coupe.

Tony, is that the new to you 944?

Lyn

Yes, Lyn, it's the one I picked up in DC a little over a year ago. Fantastic car. I've used 944s as year-round drivers since the 1990s, but I decided to not thrash this one in the snow and salt, which "necessitated" the purchase of an XJ6. :)

I didn't know you had a G35 . . . I like those . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Yes, Lyn, it's the one I picked up in DC a little over a year ago. Fantastic car. I've used 944s as year-round drivers since the 1990s, but I decided to not thrash this one in the snow and salt, which "necessitated" the purchase of an XJ6. smile.png

I didn't know you had a G35 . . . I like those . . .

An XJ 6 really? Tony, you da man!!!!!!!!!!!!

The G35 is sleeping out in Vegas right now. Be back there next Tuesday for two weeks. Drove it out for LOG. Took a group of 13 Loti out to Valley of Fire through the backroads of Lake Mead Park. Someone mentioned they were into triple digitsohmy.png . Must have been someone else leading the group. I would never go that fasttongue.png !

Lyn

• Gold FFM

yes ..for sure -Tony's da man if it comes on car attitude ..!

..but would think for technological reasons (rust consevation, wheight balance) the Porshe to be the more usable & reliable car in winter ..what do you think ? (even knowingbthat the old XJ6 with his traditional Jaguar rear axle means a lot of 'tractional acting wheigt' on the driven wheels)

for me personal, I like Andrew's view most ..would like to have those amounts of money to have those three cars legally on the road for dayly use too .. more than that -one for every day ! :D

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I was using a Infiniti G35 as my daily driver but it was horrible in the snow so I switched to the Infiniti FX35...it is a pretty sweet SUV.

Jason,

First time I attempted to drive the Coupe in "slush", I turned into my driveway and found myself in the middle of my neighbors front yard. The Michelin Pilot's had about 3K miles on them in November 2003. Went out and got a new Civic (with hakka"s) immediately!

Lyn

• Gold FFM

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor light of day or dark of night shall keep him from his BMW K75RT.

However, I may be looking at changing to a car as red lights simply appear to be a suggestion to a lot of drivers here in Victoria and I don't fancy becoming a hood ornament on some idiots Holden, Ford, Toyota etc.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Still got my diesel A6 Avant. 130k on the clock and running fine, hope to get it to 200k.

The special feature of my car is it's interior smell, it smells of damp, engine oil and old food. The rear seats consist mainly of sweat wrappers, crumbs and half eaten pasties.

• Gold FFM

They wrap sweat where you are from Mark!?! Yuck :sick:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

You've sold the Evora!? shock.gifshock.gifshock.gif What a shame.

Yes, and I also sold my Elise SC.

The Evora was used every day and as a result the Elise covered only 1600 miles and a similar amount in my Esprit V8.

That was one of the reasons, the other is I have a problem with my hip (replacement on the cards!!!) and driving a manual car every day coupled with the offset pedals meant that I was having severe pains in my left leg on longer drives over 2 hours. I therefore decided to cash in 2 Lotus cars to fund the automatic X box and as it was coming into winter 4 wheel drive with winter tyres made sense. I did drive the Evora last year on winter tyres in our harsh winter over here and although it performed well on the winter tyres, I always felt vulnerable in it .

I still get my Lotus fix from my Esprit and wait now for the Evora S Cabrio with IPS!!

2004 BMW 330xi w/ 135K miles. Indestructible with great handling, including on snow since it's AWD. Going to drive it in to the ground.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Nice! Did you try anything else, perhaps a 'Rocco or go straight for the Astra?

Went for the Astra. They had one pre production model doing the rounds of the dealers in July (car in a box). Went to see it and put a deposit on it.

Sorry Bibs you won't be the first passenger in this one !

I added leather seats (heated!), sat nav and flexride which is Vauxhall's dynamic chassis system. Three settings - sport, normal and tour offering various degrees of stiffness. It continuously adapts so if you change your driving style it changes the suspension settings.

Reading the manual it alludes to having data recorders in it for use by Vauxhall when servicing or in the event of a crash.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350