Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Useless Facts about anything - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Useless Facts about anything

gghc87

Don't Panic!

The Sun has enough energy to burn yet another 5 billion years. :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

I learnt today that a litre of hot water will weigh more than a litre of cold water.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Think it's me that's denser then. Lol

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Cold water is denser as Bibs stated, in the hot water the molecules are further apart due to the energy making it less dense and therefore will float on top of the cold water, as in Ocean currents. if you put enough energy in you have steam, i.e it goes to its gaseous state.

Therefore a 1 litre of cold water has more molecules in it then warm water, but then it depends on temp, water is densist at 4c. i.e ice floats

fact:

A hot meal/drink will have more calories than a cold meal/drink of the same due to the energy of the heat.

Useless fact:

I have gone off topic!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

fact:

A hot meal/drink will have more calories than a cold meal/drink of the same due to the energy of the heat.

Only in the strictest scientific measurement terms, and then you're counting two different calories- one of actual heat and one of chemical potential energy. Only the latter affects the growth of your waistline.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

indeed but a hot meal gives you more energy

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Celery has negative calories—it takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.

The candies most likely to cause tooth decay are dark chocolate and fudge. Those least likely to damage the teeth are nut or coconut-covered candies. The most harmful baked goods are chocolate-chip cookies, frosted cakes, and Graham crackers. The least harmful to the teeth are pies, plain cakes, and doughnuts.

One has to eat 11 pounds of potatoes to put on 1 pound of weight—a potato has no more calories than an apple. The potato was not known in Europe until the seventeenth century, when it was introduced by returning Spanish conquistadors. At first potatoes were thought disgusting and were blamed for starting outbreaks of leprosy and syphilis. As late as 1720 in America eating potatoes was believed to shorten a person's life.

The United States Postal Service assures its customers that they will not get fat licking stamps. There is no more than one-tenth of a calorie's worth of glue on every stamp.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Many Japanese golfers carry "hole-in-one" insurance, because it is traditional in Japan to share one's good luck by sending gifts to all your friends when you get an "ace." The price for what the Japanese term an "albatross" can often reach $10,000.

John Kellogg invented corn flakes, for a patient with bad teeth.

sig.jpg

Heres some interesting Laws still in force:

- You can't plow a cotton field with an elephant in North Carolina

- Under the law of Mississippi, there’s no such thing as a female Peeping Tom.

- Every citizen of Kentucky is required by law to take a bath at least once a year.

- In the state of Queensland, Australia, it is still constitutional law that all pubs (hotel/bar) must have a railing outside for patrons to tie up their horse.

- Candy made from pieces of barrel cactus was outlawed in the U.S. in 1952 to protect the species.

- In Breton, Alabama, there is a law on the town's books against riding down the street in a motorboat.

- In Saudi Arabia, a woman reportedly may divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

" In Saudi Arabia, a woman reportedly may divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee."

Most likely so that she can stay up all night writing lambastic tirades to the government about her not being allowed to drive in the Kingdom. :rtfm:

• 5 weeks later...

Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.*

*These studies were performed by German sheperds, during WW II.

Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.

Or put another way, get four mistakes high before practising one's manoevers. :thumbsup:

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Only in the strictest scientific measurement terms, and then you're counting two different calories- one of actual heat and one of chemical potential energy. Only the latter affects the growth of your waistline.

But if you eat or drink something cold, you do expend calories in heating it up to your body temperature.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Will Hay, the 1930`s film comedy actor (Oh Mr. Porter etc) was a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and discovered a white spot on Saturn in 1933.

...not by going there. Obviously.

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's a lot of parts. No wonder they cost so much and it's lucky they don't break down more often.

I see United are using iPads now, hope they charge them before the flight...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/united-airlines-launches-paperless-flight-deck-with-ipad-128240343.html

United-Continental-pilots-use-ipad-on-flight-deck.jpg

I hope air traffic control don't get issued with them too :lol:

flight-control.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

or £35 if you book in advance :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein