Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What's your speed? - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What's your speed?

oneshot

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Quit your gripin'!

1564744666.png

Oh I should have added that I get all of this luxury bundled with my home phone for $60 per month WITH a 5Gb peak and 5Gb off peak download allowance. Go over that and you're down to 256kbps speed baby!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

1570035573.png

Roll on our new National Broadband Network when we might get some reasonable speed and band width.

Michael, you're a patient man. :sleeping:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm doing my CCNA course this week, I was told that the BT Infinity project is due to an £85 billion payout if its all done on time

1570080909.png

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Where are you doing CCNA?

Anywhere in the UK offering CCNA qualifications have had their trainers taught by my colleagues - we train all the trainers of CISCO academies in Europe.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I'm doing it London at Just IT, Its a boot camp. I have done CCNA a long time ago I'm looking to go back into IT.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

OK so there's a downside with living in the middle of nowhere at least 6 miles from the exchange.....

1570225964.png

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Mike

What do you have - a piece of wet string :lol:

Barely! Our house is the last on our particular copper feed. We have our own gazillion pair overhead for the last half mile and when it wears through on the trees, they just liven us up on one of the other pairs not yet worn through. I was a bit surprised by the result tho. Last time I did this sort of test a number of times the avg was 1.3 so sub 1 is poor even for us. Of course I'm paying for an "up to 8Mb" service and have been offered an upgrade to "up to 20Mb" but given the same bit of wet string will be involved I'm guessing not worth it!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

After upgrade...

1611471010.png

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

1611722289.png

Erm....is this good?

Edited by ramjet
'Cos the mod didn't know how to post the result as a pic. Sigh.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

About the same as mine Tony. Just a tad slower.

Beat me Bibs. Snappy comeback :thumbup:

So its crap then! and so am I?

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

whistle.gif

(tags Bibs on way out of the ring!)

.......(sigh!)...........

Stop me and buy one!!

Blimey Mark - I'm impressed, thought I was the only one in a backwater with less than 1Mb...at least mine only costs £9.50/mth!