Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bye Scotland! - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bye Scotland!

Bibs

I personally thinks it sums ups what the Scots think,  A lot of them at heart would like to be seperate but on the other hand they know deep down Scotland would probably go to s,,t finacially.  Hence the devil fraze.  They will be to scared to leave so will stop in the same postion as its the norm :)

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes. And some of us can write too! ;)

To be fair to our english members, the vast majority of whom have not commented on this thread by the way - I have had dinners, at my house and friends houses in the lovely part of Scotland where I live, where the English have been insulted as much, sometimes more, sometimes less, than anything that gets typed on here. I know of english people who have lived in my part of Scotland for decades who feel they are being singled out and driven from their homes with the charged fervour of nationalism all around them and targeted at them. it's actually very sad to see this in any part of the UK.

I think one balance of payments figure that is very much in Scotland's favour, is the vitriol and vibe that gets thrown down this little Island toward England, compared with the amount that comes up the other way. In fact, it's interesting that now that some of my Scottish neighbours are waking up to this sentiment coming their way they are quick to call it out, after silently watching their neighbours dish out the other way for decades.

Just some observations from someone who has seen and been on all sides of the fence.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

presumably they will revert back to talking Gaelic and ban the use of the English Language?

Already started. Law past that if (a) parent asks for it schools have to respond and pay budget for it. Dual signs everywhere. Lot's of crap about it.

Funny thing is I'm sure it is only 1.1% of the population (57k people) who are fluent.

Another tail wagging the dog.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The problem is Sturgeon's voice is the only one heard here and so it seems as if there is no opposition in Scotland to her opinion on leaving.The vote to leave was taken by the UK as a whole not by individual regions.Therefore is rather insulting to those who believe in a democracy to hear her whining on about leaving the UK hoping to get the outcome SHE wanted in the first place

Well we are fed up with it and as has already been said perhaps we should have the referendum to decide whether we want her or is there opposition to her opinion from Scottish people other than those onhere.If there is why don't they say somethingI

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Depends on the import tax Queen Nic puts on it.

The small print.

Wonder what the education system will be like, as at the moment the Scottish do not have to pay for University and Medical prescriptions which i personally find rather unfair.  

A

@ian29gte.  The SNP under Salmond made the university fee's system really unfair. Basically, if you are Scottish, or from any part of the EU with the exception of the rUK, you get your tuition fee's paid for. The SNP used a nasty little snidey "fudge" in the EU rules that allowed them to declare that the rUK was a "region" and so their "national law" for Scotland did not apply as they were just a region of the rUk too and therefore the equality rules across EU state borders that state all EU citizens to be treated the same did not come into effect! As for education, well, that has been going down hill rapidly in Scotland for the last 10 years. 20 years ago Scottish state education was THE best in the UK. End of. Now, it is largely a laughing stock all thanks to constant government tinkering and mess ups.

The small print.

No. But it means EU people will need to pay..

The small print.

Yes. That is correct.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 13:48, C8RKH said:

Unfortunately I do live there!  The ideal time for Scotland to leave will be in around 18-24 months time to give me time to sell up and move back to Englandshire. I will NOT be staying in an independent Scotland.

As a Scot born and bred, something of which I was proud until fairly recently, it pains me to say that should the 3rd Krankie ever manage to satisfy her obsession then I'm with Andy although I won't be stopping in Englandshire but following in the footsteps of a fellow Scot......................

neil oliver.jpg

An incident this afternoon in our local shopping centre car park reinforced this decision, which was made a while ago and not just as an impetuous reaction to the above I hasten to add.

I was sitting in the Evora waiting for Jennifer to emerge from the Post Office when a car pulled into the space behind me - I use the term 'car' in its loosest sense as it was more a collection of rust particles, held together by a sea of pro-SNP stickers - but I paid no further attention until I became aware of a figure alongside my driver's door. They hesitated there for a moment then bent down to bring their face level with my window. The look of sheer hatred and fury had to be seen to be believed (the very appealing spider-web tattoo on his neck was noticeably distorted by a bulging Jugular) as he screamed at me "F***ing English c***" then proceeded to spit on the Union Flag emblem on the A-panel before swaggering off, still uttering a torrent of bile.

I'm only glad that I wasn't sitting in Jennifer's car. With his obviously highly-developed intellect, I shudder to think what this Neanderthal's reaction would have been to what I've no doubt would have been perceived as the Cross of St George proudly displayed on its bootlid and grille, :rolleyes: .........................

alfa logo 3.jpg

• Like 1

Really appalled you had to suffer that abuse. You should have taken his reg. Number and reported him to the police for racially aggravated assault (the spitting). It's the only way to stop it.

• Like 2

The small print.

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Really appalled you had to suffer that abuse. You should have taken his reg. Number and reported him to the police for racially aggravated assault (the spitting). It's the only way to stop it.

I did but "without a witness" there's seemingly not a lot they can (be bothered to) do, :angry: .