Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

If you take out the whole piece about the film car chase the rest of the show was fine. Shame that piece took up over half the air time as it was total cock with a side of ham thrown in. But 2.5 out of 3 shows is a pretty good average so far.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I love your phrase Mike "total cock with a side of ham thrown in" Definately gonna steal that one!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

http://www.tflcar.com/

Scroll down the page until you see the ad for TG. I will warn you that there is a serious disconnect between the video and sound for episode 3 on here. #2 was good but the sync on #3 is woeful.

I got a chuckle out of Hammond blowing up the completely wrong caravan. And Clarksons repeated referral to the film producer as The Angry Man.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Back to top form. The mobility scooter segment was excellent....I've had to play about with such things in the last year or so, my chum Rex isn't as mobile as he was when blowing up Her Majesty's enemies in the 50's and 60's....soo I have bought a couple of those things on his behalf. I could not believe the total ripoff and cynical attitude of the firms that sell them new. When you find out the ex-works cost and compare it with what's being asked for them...the mark up is several hundred percent. The engineering quality is pretty dire, too...they ask £3500 for something not worth a quarter of that. Second hand they are far more reasonable...lots of them are sold by "hard sell" techniques to people who find they can't use them...

The Hammond converted wheelbarrow tracked vehicle was magnificent...and would probably have won had he not spent so long "rescuing" the other two!! I'm now hoping Rex didn't watch the programme,or I shall be getting orders for more engineering....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Back to crap IMHO.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

The honour in the last one was great. Captain slow had something that will can can be used by so many that have been unable to in the past. They have opened a door, that I hope and would like to see if Lotus takes up the challenge.

sig.jpg

The Ferrari FF is reallly ugly, but it was cool to see it and the Bentley in the snow. I want to drive the ice Silverstone!

The former Lamborghini dealer GM was in the Lotus club, and invited me to do a ice driving course in the mountains. They weren't able to use the Gallardo though, so I didn't go.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

That was a flash looking machine Clarkson turned up on.... his club hammer wielding techniques have obviously been honed to perfection during the break since the last series

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Just watched it, The Bentley and Ferrari was so boring. I really finfd it mind numbing watching a £100+ car being hammered round a track. I fast fowarded through it, The other bits were ok

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

It does seem rather like they are running out of things to do. I found last night rather standard fare, apart from the New Merc vs Maserati feature. Wasn't keen on the rally car vs jet man because normally they use a new car to show its abilities (like the RS4 vs the climbers) this time they used a rally car.

If they did a load more challenges "We were given £2000 " etc that would be much more interesting, and even if they are similar challenges to previous ones, the cars would be different. I would love to see Cars with a sub 5 sec 0-60 for under £20k (this would also help me decide a replacement for the Exige :) )

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

I think they have been out of ideas for ages, but I agree with you Kimbers about the challenges - they are always good.

They also have not done one of their epic races recently, which is a shame as that was always a fave of mine.

I still maintain that an average TG is better than no TG at all.