Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 12 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

A friend of mine has just put a comment on FB that he is never watching it again.  Its not been vintage.

That said, it did make me laugh in places despite the fact it was probably all staged.

Even the Spain trip last week was flat depsite their roadtrips usually being a good watch,

Has its time come?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think we can expect it to go downhill as Clarkson and Co lose interest, having made their millions selling the worldwide rights back to the BBC. Clarkson made around £13m from the sale last week and he and the others are now on 'normal' talent salaries for the show. I don't think they benefit from the colossal syndication rights any longer so why should they bother?

Last nights show was...rubbish - thats the kindest word I could think of.

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I thought last nights show was good. Me and Calum sat watching it together laughing out loud at the hovervan stuff. Also the direct comparison between the petrol and electric SLS was good.

Absolute rubbish episode. Are they setting themselves up for a career as comedians. Dont even remember any cars  oh yes sorry a few minutes of Mercs.

Have I missed something or have they not tested the V6 Exige? And I enjoyed Episode 1, 2 was 5/10...3....crap, 4  was funny but hardly what I want to see from a motoring programme.

And is it me or are they making them with fewer and fewer episodes.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

I haven't seen an episode of TG in ages. I don't even know what time it is on or whether Channel 9 here even still show it. I do keep an eye out for it in the TV guide, but most of the episodes show up as repeats.

I wish it had stayed with SBS airing it over here, because 9 well and truly made a ballsup of it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Personally I don't think this series is that good so far but that won't stop me watching

I enjoyed this episode though and laughed at the jokes more than in the previous episodes this series . Hopefully things will get better as they keep experimenting with new ideas to see what works

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Its interesting to compare new with old topgear.

The old episode on here looking at the esprit active suspension for example and then any of the last decade's shows.

You have to accept it is now a comedy show using cars as a tool and thats it. And that is the reason it is still going - I'm afraid that if it had kept its earlier format it would have been axed years ago.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Buffoons. If I had been at the river bank i would kicked their faces in.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Trotter them to death, you tell 'em Pig :thumbup:

Dont mess with the oink ;)

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Its a TV program, its also the BBC's biggest export and would not be recommissioned if it was not hugely popular. It ceased being a consumer advice show ages ago and was about to be canned when it was. I think some of the youtube channel shows are far more aimed at the ACTUAL motoring enthusiast than what Auntie makes.

Twitter @radioRedwards

• Gold FFM

Crickey that new 911 looks bordering on bland and boring - Bring back the old 911 with the big whale tale anytime for me.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Me too. Even laughed at the Caravan related test....though not happy at the Peugeot 3008 behind canned straight out......I love my 3008 (but then it's not a hybrid).

Liked the retro 911, but how do Porsche keep getting away with bringing out an all new 911.....that's exactly the same as the old one and charging much more for it?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Porsche re-cycling: ?clever marketing or good in the first place so why change.

But when will the new Esprit be launched? Some of us have been waiting for now nearly 10 years - and gone elsewhere in the meantime.

Definitively the best episode so far. Loved the Lambo and couldn't stop laughing about the caravan test. So realistic (at least I would love to do the same if I was ever forced to drive one).

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!