Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 37 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

• Gold FFM

It's a 7 hour round trip for me. I will be kicking off big time if not let in with tickets.

Thanks for the heads up on getting there early ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Surely th ticket is a contract so wtf they doing issuing more tickets than they accommodate. Bad Broadcasting Crunts

Isn't that how all Airlines run their Business's? Oversell seats on the basis of a 10% 'not turn up' basis.

Agree Crunts.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Got there just prior to 1pm as it states on the ticket. Full up so no entry!! Completely rediculous.

Worst organisation I have ever seen. Saw two very nice Esprit Turbo's turn round and head away as also no entry.

The two guys in the black and white turbos were still in the pub as I left to go into the airfield I watched then being turned away as well. Very sad

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Yep that was me and Chris, worse still we were there about an hour early so went and had a bite to eat with them boys and one of my clients. There was an awful lot of people turned away, I don't remember that happening the last time I went but thinking about it I might have had priority tickets that time and the missus reckons we definitely went straight to the front of the queue. 

Chris/Dave I emailed lost in tv and they have offered me 12th April I have gone back and asked if these will be priority awaiting a reply. 

On the plus side I got to meet Chris and Dave had a very nice bacon and Brie sandwich and got to stroke Chris furry interior more than once ! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Thoroughly enjoyed that yesterday - overall a really good day. Even came back with a sun burnt face from all the hanging about outside. Should be a good show airing on Easter Sunday. ?

• Gold FFM

We left home at 7am. In the pub by the entrance at 11am and 5th car to be let in at 11.30am (taking no chances lol)

Filming didn't start until 3pm (an hour late) so much hanging about. You could just about see the guest laping the track in the far distance.

Got a good viewing position right under the Countach. I thought the Esprit opposite me could do with a dust.

• Like 1

What time did you get away?

We've got our premium tickets for this wednesday.

• Gold FFM

It was about 7.30pm Chris. Then cueing up for the bus again that takes you from studio back to your car. About 8pm by the time we were on our back.

Have a good day. ?

I've got a spare ticket for tomorrow's filming (last in the series?).

If anyone wants to go, let me know asap.

Well that was a enjoyable (if long) day standing around. Hopefully edited into a good episode.

Seems our quiz answers weren't counted as we got 9 right.. Didn't get tickets for Extra Gear as it wasn't clear where these were, and I guess they were snapped up very quickly.

Very glad we stopped and had the Olympic Breakfast at the Little Chef.

Arrived home at 20:45, hope you both @Dan E and @huggy617 got home safety.

Good to meet you Andy, hope to see you at Duxford.

• Like 1

I really don't know about this series. 

they have what seems a promising "We were given £5000 and asked to meet in......." and last weeks "Who is the fastest driver"......

But there are only ever 2 of them! Whether its Matt racing Chris Harris in the middle east, Chris racing Sabine in the States or Chris.....hmmmm hang on.......racing Rory in Cuba.

There appears to be a common theme here it's always Chris and for me he's the least interesting presenter!

What ever happened to all 3 of them doing something together!

I really thought the Cuba thing could have been good but it was so.....pointless!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Firstly good to meet Andy for the 1st time, that Elise is lovely and Chris for the 2nd time in his Excel complete with deck chairs thats organisation for you. 

Kimbers, as I was luckily enough to go to old Top Gear and then the new one with Andy & Chris I think the problem is it is completely scripted and I mean to the word. There was a phenomenal amount of retakes. When I went to the old TG it was slightly scripted but most of it was ad libbed. It was also a lot more laid back, i.e you could take photos when not filming, the 3 presenters mixed with the audience during breaks and generally cocked about, it was very funny. 

At tea break I ended up having a chat with May as he was behind me in the queue. I think i can sum it up by the fact if I could have got another ticket to the old one I would jump at the chance but I wouldn't make the effort for the new one.

My wife was gutted though as she loves Jay Kay and he was the guest!! Flew in using helicopter like you do. 

Yeah I went to old one and it was hilarious the whole way  through. At one point they used the C word continuously on purpose. 

I really really want to be interested! But the Cuban one was just..........pants.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm all blurry!

Some content didn't make it into the final edit - why bother having and talking about the new McLaren in the studio if they weren't going to show it? Unless it's on extra gear...which I can't be arsed to watch.

Lot of jumping up and down in excitement at my house when I was spotted  :thumbsup: - and that was only me :)

Wish they'd binned the Bernie segment instead of the McLaren one - of which there were many retakes.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but is it me? Do Porsche Sponsor the series because Porsche were on it constantly and repeatedly and not once did they show a Lotus. Infact the first time they mentioned it was in the last episode just to say it was a competitor for the Caymen and went like this "Lotus Exige? Only if you live on a race track"..........throws brochure away.

They have the gall to say "The new Porsche has a 4 cylinder and an amazing 360hp" but have they at any time reviewed an Evora 400? They rant and rave about the Alpha spyder which is just as hard to get into and out of yet poo poo the Exige out of hand?

I am really disappointed we didn't see a single Lotus this series (or the last).

• Like 2