Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 Front Spring Top Insulator Alternative Required - Page 2 - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 Front Spring Top Insulator Alternative Required

FYI I have just been told that apparently the rear isolators P625.3103.009AF are no longer available ... but SJSportscars could replicate them if they had a good one (probably in polyurethane but that is just my guess)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just spoke to Pete from PNM about this, and he answered, that the Sport300 used very thin isolators to lower the car, and still isolate a bit from Wheel and road noise.

That's what i am going to do. Thin poly rings stamped out of a sheet. Then I can finally make my Esprit look like an Esprit, not like the Tour Eifel.

Cheers,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

That sounds strange, as the part number is the same for the Sport300, S4 and S4s in the official parts manual — A082C4069F.

Maybe he has seen a car with an after market pair of isolators from an owner who wanted to lower his car?

On 24/01/2018 at 15:25, Giniw said:

FYI I have just been told that apparently the rear isolators P625.3103.009AF are no longer available ... but SJSportscars could replicate them if they had a good one (probably in polyurethane but that is just my guess)

As for P625.3103.009AF, it's apparently confirmed officially, Deroure/Bell & Colvill just reported me Lotus told them: "NLS, (no longer supplied) tooling was scrapped in 2014 – Sorry."

I find it a bit strange to bother making the LOTAC sets and scrapping the related toolings at the same time, but anyway!

SJS told me they can mould it in polyurethane if I send them a good one (just as they make the front obviously). For now I won't bother as unfortunately I need to get the car off the lift soon and the shipping would be too long anyway ...

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:
"Hello Ian,

We have the front in stock.

We are working on the rear. It is likely to take 2-3 weeks.

Steve"

Yep - 2-3days for a clutch bearing....... sadly I wasted some time waiting 

But - I do have to add - that it’s the first time he’s let me down on an item

Only here once

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

It's just a peice of rubber...order a piece of rubber matting on eBay for pennies and practice cutting circles with a sharp knife.