Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bond pics i hadnt seen before - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bond pics i hadnt seen before

wolflyn

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Fantastic, keep them coming if you have more. I'm always frustrated by how many unseen images of the Bond Esprits must be lurking in archives (not least EONs collection) waiting to see light of day. How about this one of Naomi on the wetbike;

6904824639_a43fc6d939_z.jpg

• Like 2

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

What wetbike?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Guest allgoodpeter

Never mind the wetbike, its nice to see she is wearing floatation equipment. The lovely Caroline Munroe.

I'd really like to see some footage (or more stills) of the jetty sequence.

Slightly off subject I do have a Fairey Super Swordsman which is the 33' version of the Huntmaster (28') in the film... Wassn't that Russia with Love?

Anyway, look at my avatar.....

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

An interesting pic I stumbled on, these are described as pictures used by Corgi in designing their model, but appear to be quite clearly storyboards from the film. Whether or not they were given to Corgi by EON to assist in the model design, or someone has just got the wrong end of the stick, they are still interesting. I bet there was a ton of stuff like this went in the bin :(

corgi-lotus-esprit+design+artwork+james+

• 1 year later...

More pics not seen before (at least by me), Roger Moore practising on the wetbike;

dgioriort5.jpg

And a great one, Derek Meddings filming the S1 Esprit entering the water (no wonder it looked so deep at the end of that short pier.....)

10295699_10152102469943030_5012555704539

• Like 2

I used to have a wet bike - loads of fun!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

The bottom one was the Derek Meddings Appreciation Group on Facebook.

Facebook is not a place I visit often, but will do if people post up such great pics that can't be seen elsewhere! I think this little diamond started life there too;

12373397904_51a25fb80c_o.jpg

• 7 months later...

A screen grab from a very interesting documentary on Youtube about Bond in the Bahamas. Never seen a shot of the Esprit sub being craned in/out the water before. One of the static shells was given to the crane owner who kept it as a garden ornament before being restored by the Fleming Foundation. The credit for finding it is often given to the FF but I heard that Peter Nelson of Cars the Star fame actually found it but let slip, and the FF beat him to it before he could get there.

15751109667_cb77d64ed0_o.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The blonde in the car for the filming wasn't Barbara Bach but was Debbie Milsome, the wife of Doug Milsome who was a cameraman on the film. She looked similar enough for the long distance shots. Roger Moore did some of the driving himself including the Sardinian mountainside. Doug's son was at school with me.