Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 14 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

3 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Out little Persian, Jemima. 
She is about 7 months old in this picture. Great little cat. Follows us everywhere and can even play fetch! She is great fun. A fantastic and loving personality. I was never a cat person until we got her. Couldn’t imagine the house without her now. 

Do you get strange comments & looks when you're followed by a cat? I do from neighbours, and the bloody cat knows the word "walkies" and can read my actions to tell the difference between going to the driveway vs going to walk somewhere.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We had a new addition over the summer.  Evie (yes, short for Evora) is in front of all the Christmas tat. We got her as a ~3 month old kitten from the local rescue centre.  We were a bit nervous about how the introduction was going to go as Morgan has a record of being a bit sweary around other cats.  No need to worry, Mog seems to have decided that she's a very indulgent aunt.

When the weather gets better we'll introduce Evie to the other black roofed Evora in the household.

ENHAID5X0AA-vfn.thumb.jpg.8a11ccb562292db4d9ecbfad8f0ef690.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just read on article about an automated pet feeder network having been offline and so the scheduled food not dispensed. I couldn't conceive of leaving a cat (or dog) for a prolonged period and rely on one of these machines, and for those who rely on the machine while they are not away, I keep asking myself why would you? A cat isn't loyal in the same way as a dog, it shows affection, but it seems to be based on affection to the food-provider. Surely part of the cat to slave (that is what we are seen as isn't it?) relationship is based around them needing the human as the other choice if going and hunting for food which would have a detrimental effect on the sleeping time, replace that food-providing ritual with a machine dispensing it and that certainly cannot help the bond.

4 hours ago, Spinney said:

Meet Lando (silver red male) and Livia (silver female). Maine Coons 12 weeks old and collected from the breeder yesterday. I’d forgotten how chaotic the house becomes when you have a couple of frisky kittens around. 
233B05B2-6EFC-4DA0-8DB1-BE1622425125.thumb.jpeg.5d9da7c4b057bb5ca0cb64928ceacefc.jpeg

We have the same toy for our Maine coons

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Very cute! I've now learnt that Scottish Folds with straight ears are referred to as Scottish Straights. Who'd have thought it! 

That’s all well, and good, but how do we know they’re Scottish?

Margate Exotics.

I now know why the cat refused to leave the kitchen last night.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/advice-issued-pet-owners-after-17999330

It was socially distancing itself from any human contact  It was increasing its social distancing as it has always refused to be a lap cat, only touches a human when it needs food and food isn't coming, but normally seeks the comfort of a duvet for night time.

Our little man has had a rough week. Had to rush him to the vets on Monday. He had an emergency operation. He had a bowel intussusception - had part of his bowel removed. It was touch and go for a few days but he seems to be recovering well.

20200325_195837.jpg?i=71786437420200325_222330.jpg?i=1095916751

• Sad 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Gold FFM
On 28/03/2020 at 20:08, eeyoreish said:

Technically he's just a moggy but yes, we think he must have a Maine Coon mum or dad

Neil, he is more Maine Coon then many I have seen. They are the best cats ever after having shorthairs for 20 years and still have two of them would never buy any other cat than a MC