Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in the post DB era - Page 56 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in the post DB era

It's a huge waste of money to have never seen anything come of any of the development works carried out on either the cars or the engine...

Yes he wasted a lot of money, huge amounts. But to have cancelled everything wasted all of the money that actually was put to good use. Shame

Chunky Lover

DRB HIcom are bean counters to the Nth degree.  It didnt help that Bahar took advantage of his high rank and diverted some funds (could have been used for Lotus' purposes) 

I don't like the design of the Esprit to be honest but was excited about the motor for sure!

Someone needs to let Lotus loose with their technology!!  They have so much of it.

Edited by Bentzion
  • Like 1

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

Actually that is HIS Point of view (and how he sees the world....) From a prototype hitting the road it is always a very very Long way to a reliable product that is bought by peolple in substantial numbers. Very funny that he mentions that his Reputation is not important to him - if that would be the case he - of course - would not had to have sued Lotus, for example. After his dismission I found an (old , before his time at Lotus) article in German Zeit Magazin that describes several manners that give you the Impression that his OWN Reputation is the main thing for him. Why had he been dismissed by Red Bull und Ferrari?  

In Bib's Paultan link above, there are several comments below the article.  As the organisations addressed in one comment are still very relevant to Lotus' future, I would be interested in a translation of the words in Malay(?). Of course I am in no position to comment on the comment. 

Comment:

"Bahar was a visionary. He had goals and vision for the company. The Malaysian fools could not handle his vision and hard working attitude. You see, Proton and DRB Hicom have this lazy culture. The culture of relaks, lepak and tidur. Each working day, they go to kantin and minum teh and makan kuih lapis at least 8 times a day. Each time they go, it is at least 30 minutes of chilling and talking kok.

Bahar could not handle this Malaysian GLC way of attitude. For him, lunch break was a mere half and hour and after that it was pure hard work. Our Proton and DRB guys have no vision. They just sleep in the office thinking about how many more wives they can get and also which awek in the kilang they can kongkek.

This is the truth of why they got rid of Bahar. It is partly Bahar’s fault why he did not try to pretend to be lazy, relaks, lepak and minum teh 8x one day. If Bahar tried very hard to be lazy like the Proton workers, then Proton would have been very happy with him. They would even go further to make him Datuk Danny Bahar and eventually give him Tan Sriship if he tried to be lazy and chilled out."

May I recommend "Google Translate"? This gives the following...

relaks, lepak and tidur..............relax, hang out and sleep.

kantin and minum teh and makan kuih lapis............canteen and drinking tea and eating layer cake

Kok.........coke

awek in the kilang they can kongkek.........Girl in the factory they can pay for a f**k

Datuk.......Commissioner

Pretty insulting stuff......as Bibs said, I don't think they sacked him for working too hard.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Thank you John. Yes, Translate is good and somehow I'm not too surprised at what it came up with - had no time just then myself. (And felt it quite wrong to speculate!)  But Bibs also, leaving DB out of it - and sure you both far better informed than me re DB's work ethic - I wondered if any with an insight on the working norms of Lotus' purse holders might have a view on the claims. Perhaps entirely scurrilous of course. (I did not endorse them!) But provided the financial backing holds good they should be irrelevant to what happens in Hethel. So on second thoughts, perhaps better to drop the subject! Dodgy ground!

Seeing as how he did exactly the same to MJK's Esprit which was further down the line he can't really talk can he!!

And he cancelled several perfectly good models that were making money for the company like the 2-11!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Whatever happened to his old pearl white V8?

This caused me to reflect on the reaction this Esprit had on the crowds at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2011. Speaking to Graeme Robertson on the day he said they had people enquiring as to when this new Lotus would be hitting the showrooms and how much would it be as they wanted to put their names down for it!

The 'new' Esprit was displayed on a plinth at the back of the stand - its product manager (ex-Rolls Royce) wasn't too chuffed....

It really brought home how 'right' the Esprit was in all its various iterations and how well it has stood the test of time. Although other models have sold in far greater numbers, its hard to imagine any new Lotus achieving and maintaining such iconic status. But I sincerely hope JMG gives it a go....

IMAG0092.jpg

Hot off the press! (it reads pretty similar to the previous article on The Telegraph, though)

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=30888

@ Bibs: You may prefer to move it into a new thread, as suggested by TBD.

Did I read the last part of that article correctly? Lotus hasn't left the US and is contemplating a convertible Evora S for 2016???

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Of course, I still won't be able to afford it but I can dream!!!

Lotus are currently building some of the best cars they ever had. I took a 991 GT3 owner out yesterday in the Evora and all he could say was 'wow' a lot! 

Yes but the Evora looks as boring as hell.  when considered against some of the other currents offerings, it looks a bit naff...the evora could be a much, much better looking car.  that said the Exige V6 is a stunner...

A very good interview, it would have been great (but,  a miracle) if he could have pulled it off. 

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Indeed good interview such a shame we never know if he pulled it off. Does anybody know what was so special with this new engine I know he said in the past they did something what no one else tried before and now he mentioned it again ?

I didn't get further than this bit:

:hrhr:

Beware of people with "perfect hair". Too many televangelists and politicians are snakes that fit this description.   :gathering: