Pilots - Page 38 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pilots

Bibs

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Boeing plane - much older though.

United Airlines flight 433 lands safely without panel in Oregon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68584134

The missing panel was next to the landing gear, on the underside of the aircraft, according to images of the aircraft on social media. All outgoing and incoming flights were paused at the airport to search for debris, none was found.

• Gold FFM

Can't stick this one on Boeing, much as they're getting what they deserve lately.  On this occasion it's poor maintenance.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, – and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air…

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew –
And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That must be a very old folklore - I believe BA inherited the "Speedbird" call sign from BOAC, maybe it was more of that era as in 1974 when BA was formed that was already 30 years after 1944 and so the pilot would have been well into his 50's if BA. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

In 1939, the airline adopted the call sign, deriving it from the airline’s emblem, which featured a stylized seagull in flight.

Speedbird House was an office block at Heathrow Airport. It was originally the headquarters of BOAC and, until the company moved, of British Airways

• Gold FFM

Obviously a chemtrail.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I've heard refraction turns you into a vegan and a Just Stop Oil protester.  And a friend said it can also change your gender.

How is the dress making going

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!