Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Elite and Eclat Register - Page 3 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Elite and Eclat Register

Dunc

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Hi Dunc, slightly off topic but just to say nice speaking to you and the gang again last weekend, and thanks for the light switch. Once again a TLF member as always comes good. The S3 made it home again with no issues ( just under 1500 miles in total ) and all lights working but fitted the switch when I got home anyway.

Thans again.

John & Wendy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2013‎ ‎11‎:‎06‎:‎59, Dunc said:

at the moment, the old register isn't held anywhere other than my laptop, but you can mail me the details and I will check.

elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com

regards

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

I have tried and use the form link you posted in your first email in this topic but it does not seem to work any more.

Anyway, here are the details of the Elite type 75 I just bought from it's first original owner

It's a very rare original "french"  503 LH drive model (I am not aware of any other LH drive Elite in France)

first registration : december 1978

serial number :78/0902030 (or rather C instead of 0 at the end ?)

color: metallic grey

interior: "camel" leather

as all 503s it's got power steering and air conditioning

Kind Regards

Bernard

Are there already other french Elite owners in your register pls ?

Thanks Bernard

I'll check the register, I do know of at least two other elites in France but I can't remember if they are on the register or not.

I have checked the email account and it is still functional. Ping me an email at:  elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com and I will send you the form.

thanks for your interest in the register.

Dunc

Hi Dunc, I'm in France and I have sent you the file by e-mail one or two years ago with my Elite details. I thought you had recieved this e-mail, but as I didn't get any answer... maybe not:)

Bernard, if you drive to south west of France I'm in Dordogne, you're welcome.

I know 5 other Elites in France (2 I've really seen and 3 for sale), so we're 7 or more... It seems they are coming more and more out of barn and back on the road.

Hi Damien, Yes - I did recieve it - I am at work right now and the register is on my home PC - so was unable to check the register immediately.

It did ring a bell that we had one or maybe 2 elites on the register in france.

:-)

• 3 months later...

Hi Dunc,

I'm new on TLF with a 1974 Elite in Sweden which I believe is not in the register. Have owned it for 30 years but haven't properly driven it for the last 25, except for a month, 16 years ago. Now I hope to get it running again. Might be that I sent its data to the old register - can't really remember. Anyway, I'll pop you a  mail.

All the best,

Per

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi Dunc. Just sent you email with an Excel to add to your register.

Thanks John,

However I don't keep excels. The register is for the earlier cars only.

Some good work is done for Excels by Angus and Co. on "t'other forum" so we only keep elite and eclat S1 & S2 on our list.

D

• Gold FFM

Cheers bud, wasnt sure so thought I would just ping it through anyway.

• 4 months later...

This early Elite from 74 did end up allready in the early 80's

29ur7ed.jpg

fire damage, this is what is left  over from the car.

• 3 months later...

That looks like the road is on the car :)

looks great, more pictures please

It was my dads, been in the garage for about 20+ years after an

mot failure. (Non galvanised chassis). It does have a new galvanised one now, but otherwise all original engine and gearbox.

i will post some more photos when I can master this electronical witchcraft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi

Is this register still up and running as I would be happy to add mine and interested to see how many we still have on the road in th UK , I have a 76’ 501 that I’ve owned and run for the last 11years 

Edited by Brabbs
Spelling mistake

Checked this out earlier and also wondering whether this list is still going. I have a 76' 504, owned for 5 years, in process of roadworthy and registration. Should be on the road in a couple of weeks/months. :ph34r:

It is still on the go, but as you can imagine, I don't get many emails to that inbox, so don't log into it very often.

email me at elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com and I will send you a form.

Apologies to recent emailers - I was trialing a few email rules to set up an autoresponse for people requesting forms (as I don't log in often). I couldn't get the function to work and gave up. I thought I had switched it off, but it resulted in your emails being moved to a sub folder. I found them today when I logged in. I think I have responded to the 5 emails I had in the folder, but if not, please email me at the address above and I will try and get it out to you.

nb please don't expect regular responses from me on this email address. Sadly - I don't get that many emails that aren't offering to enhance my virility/manhood/financial situation/hair, so I don't log in very often and have a busy life with long working hours. I log in about once a month.

Dunc

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have owned my Series 2 Eclat  ref no JAN44W for the last fourteen years or so unfortunately she is SORN not because of any defect but too many projects and not enough time I suppose.

We won best in show at the last Stoneleigh Lotus show when the wedges were the choose feature cars. She is Monaco white, about 45000 miles and apart from the wheels being refurbed she I see totally origina. I am hoping to get a cam belt change and MOT'ed before summer starts this year.

Simon HUDSON