Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

• Gold FFM

Just checked out your pics at photobucket

http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/Prawno1/library/Lotus%20pics%20Hethel#/user/Prawno1/library/Lotus%20pics%20Hethel?page=1&_suid=138242914586107195205868461632

Which was great as my Éclat which was a Lotus owned and registered car for the first 5 years of her life is a close relation with registration No KAH 534 V which is a Gold Éclat registered to Andrew Ferguson. Now if I could just find some pics of her that would be great.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I visited the UEA Sainsbury's Centre last Sunday. Some nice pieces of art work on display, but also some that make you wonder about 'art' and how the hell it even got in an exhibition.

The real reason for the visit though was to see one piece on display that is a true art form, especially when it comes to engineering. There is a Lotus 72 on display, part of celebrating all things from the county. It's one driven by the late Ronnie Peterson and looks fantastic on it's plinth, also it's in an area where you can get upstairs and view from higher up, so great for taking photo's.

They also have the Chapman Millionaire dvd playing, plus you can buy a Lotus 72 t-shirt and some technical drawing posters. They have some actual drawings on display. Well worth a visit, it's free as well!

Here are some I took on the day. The wife and I are going back around Christmas to see the rest of the collection, so I'm sure I will take some more of this iconic car, well you're just got to!

Oh, and in true lotus fashion, it does have a small oil pool forming on the plinth under the engine.  ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/owengt3/sets/72157636764082194/

Edited by OwenGT3

@@@Bibs on his way to office....

new in my office, I like this old style adverts, much better than today´s "drive this car and your are the biggest lifestyle dude on earth"  things, etc etc from other car makers:

post-14744-0-38667000-1383899072.jpg

r90.jpg

A few questions!

1. Why?

2. How on earth did he get there?

3. Where is he going?

4. If he gets stuck how does he get out of the car?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

A few questions!

1. Why?

2. How on earth did he get there?

3. Where is he going?

4. If he gets stuck how does he get out of the car?

Probably easy to answer

1. For the picture?

2. Using a helicopter?

3. Nowhere

4. Can't even tell if there is someone sitting inside.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Just checked out your pics at photobucket

http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/Prawno1/library/Lotus%20pics%20Hethel#/user/Prawno1/library/Lotus%20pics%20Hethel?page=1&_suid=138242914586107195205868461632

Which was great as my Éclat which was a Lotus owned and registered car for the first 5 years of her life is a close relation with registration No KAH 534 V which is a Gold Éclat registered to Andrew Ferguson. Now if I could just find some pics of her that would be great.

Can't help with that one I'm afraid.

Regards

Yesterday's Cars and Coffee

5D40538D-95A3-4E46-9FFB-7476A3B7A124-170

Exige owned by Young Kim who, I learned, has recently set up a dealership in Indianapolis.

CADA0A7C-324D-43D0-B289-C7F95636EE01-170

I pass close to it everyday on my way to work and never noticed it!  Must open eyes earlier int he day.

Back to the Cars and Coffee.

F7BC8047-2386-4F5A-8654-4046493EB833-170

That's the owner stood next to the car.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Not sure if this has been posted before.

That's by buddy, Art Mason's (Shark Sandwich's), old car. He's since overcompensated by buying my old '83 Turbo Esprit...

1-ISE-Turbo-Esprit-43-600x467.jpg

...a JPS Esprit, and just picked up another S1. He's also a great writer for Hagerty: http://www.hagerty.com/classic-car-articles-resources/Features/News/All-Articles/2012/12/11/Sandy-Aftermath

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S