Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 69 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

These were posted on  LotusExcel.net. Found them interesting.

More money than sense. Complete and utter w@nker. Shame when he was revving it did not follow the usual Lambo script of setting the rear alight, burning the thing to a pile of carbon cinders. Getting a bit sick of these pointless vids being posted of people with more money than sense behaving like cretins.

But then, all these guys that just sit there and rev their cars to the limiters are just complete and utter w@nkers too. Just what the hell is the point of it?

Maybe I'm just getting too old to understand the younger generations....  Bah humbug.  Need to check my hand for the Logan Indicator!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I was at a car show on Sunday and there was this guy in a LHD Ferrari 458 spider that had been modified by a company called "Liberty Walk" (sounds more like a girl band to me). They had basically collapsed the suspension and riveted some wheel arch extensions on to the bodywork. But instead of this being cool and intended for competiton like the Porsche 993 GT2, the widened bodywork just looked ridiculous. I am sure it cost someone a fortune to have done, but it just looked shit.

The driver took great delight in revving it up for all and sundry. Funnily enough the standard Lamborghini Huracan parked nearby was far louder and almost damaged our eardrums. Anyway our paths crossed again at the local petrol station and Mr Liberty couldn't help but let everyone know he was there by revving the pants off the poor thing. Tool.

I struggle to understand why you would want to lose a fortune on modifying a supercar, when you could just put the money towards buying a better model in the first place.

• Like 1

On 25 July 2018 at 22:05, ChrisJ said:

Thanks for posting that. Pure nostalgia and reminds me of my Mk1 albeit that was a pre aeroflow but in equally good condition which I loved and cherished. Still makes me cry when I think how much I let it go for to raise the deposit to buy our first house.

It was the first of many subsequent Lotus buys for me and when I bought it in '68, it was going to be a keeper - then I met my future wife! Oddly, although I obviously knew it was basically a humble Ford, I always thought of it as pure Lotus, the brand I'd dreamt of since my first encounter several years earlier.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, calvan said:

Something wicked this way comes

IMG_0825.jpeg

Is that the Sport 300 that got a full  rebuild and went to Canada?

No, just your garden variety V8.

Just by chance i came up behind a friend of my son who decided to capture the moment.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• 2 weeks later...

His & Hers. 

Mine is reliable and works.  Her's, we'll see...

The more I read into Porsche the more horror stories I hear.  The 987 Boxster has IMS bearing failures, RMS failures and bore scoring.  There are countless casualties.  How did Porsche get away with these catastrophic engine failures yet maintain their reputation.  Yet Lotus's over the same period haven't had any of this trouble and yet still get called unreliable :(

44078851951_5d009c13d3_b.jpg