Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AIB Lotus Insurance - Up to 20% discount available - Page 6 - Lotus Insurance - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AIB Lotus Insurance - Up to 20% discount available

Bibs

Been a while since I posted, but I am another satisfied customer

Had been with Hagerty for 10 years with an ever increasing premium, today made the shift to AIB and got a 40% reduction on my renewal with slightly better coverage as well 😀

Really please with that and how easy it was to deal with them

Nellie

• Like 1

On 28/06/2018 at 16:27, Bravo73 said:

Leah,

Can you confirm that AIB now also offer cover for UK trackdays as well?

Thanks

Hello,

We can offer UK track day cover, if you take out a specific policy with us.

Many Thanks

AIB Insurance

Leah Burt

• Like 1

Can’t lie, in the last month I’ve asked for two quotes, one of which no one got back to me for c. 2 weeks until I called to ask, on that instance the price was too high. Second quote I am still waiting for an answer a week later. Thankfully I was able to get a good deal through another company who gave me an answer immediately.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/07/2018 at 21:35, Blackngolds3turbo said:

Can’t lie, in the last month I’ve asked for two quotes, one of which no one got back to me for c. 2 weeks until I called to ask, on that instance the price was too high. Second quote I am still waiting for an answer a week later. Thankfully I was able to get a good deal through another company who gave me an answer immediately.

Can you say who you went through in the end ?

@AndyHamp I went through admiral in the end for the Elise! Used them for my every day car insurance for a couple of years and they offered an incredibly good deal. Even better is their multi car policy, if that suits your needs. Another insurer that we’ve used and been pleased with was Peter S Taylor.

On 06/07/2018 at 21:35, Blackngolds3turbo said:

Good Morning,

This is unusual that we haven't been in contact, maybe we had the phone number written down incorrectly? If you'd like to give me a call personally on 02380 268351 at any point in the future, I will be more than happy to deal with any issues or quotations you need.

Sorry again, this is not like us at all.

Many Thanks

Leah Burt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Strange, just tried getting a quote online as ive heard from no one at AIB via the forum, within seconds of sending my details I received an email stating AIB tried to call me (no one has called me).

I still would like a quote although I am concerned by the communication, what would it be like if I actually needed my insurance company..

Screenshot_20180912-105328_WhatsApp.jpg

On 12/09/2018 at 08:57, Dan.G said:

Strange, just tried getting a quote online as ive heard from no one at AIB via the forum, within seconds of sending my details I received an email stating AIB tried to call me (no one has called me).

I still would like a quote although I am concerned by the communication, what would it be like if I actually needed my insurance company..

Screenshot_20180912-105328_WhatsApp.jpg

Actually be aware AIB do not offer Track Day Insurance stand alone.

Having just spoken to Leah now they are only offering to provide cover for people who spend over £5,000 per year on combined insurance. She seemed very disinterested!!!

All seems very strange but the outcome is AIB do not want to quote for Track Day Insurance 

On 06/07/2018 at 16:35, AIBinsurance said:

Hello,

We can offer UK track day cover, if you take out a specific policy with us.

Many Thanks

AIB Insurance

Leah Burt

37 minutes ago, Tex said:

Actually be aware AIB do not offer Track Day Insurance stand alone.

Having just spoken to Leah now they are only offering to provide cover for people who spend over £5,000 per year on combined insurance. She seemed very disinterested!!!

All seems very strange but the outcome is AIB do not want to quote for Track Day Insurance 

That seems to be different to what she was saying back in July. 

I was with AIB first when I bought my S1 Evora. Great to deal with. 2nd year I asked to quote, again with track days, and they declined. It seemed my insurance company stopped offering it and the other one AIB used would only offer it their (not AIB generally) existing customers who already had it.

So I went to Classicline where I have happily been since with UK track day cover and no issues.

Remember they are a broker so it could simply be the insurers they use have withdrawn track cover and there is nothing AIB can do about it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just had a renewal for the Lotus from AIB. Got them down to £230.00 from £258.00 for the year (this always gets up my nose, I expect the renewal price to be their best not a starting point for haggling) but it shoots up to £270.00 if I up the value by £5,000.00. As I thought the increase of £50.00 for the increased value was bit steep I checked with Admiral who do my main car - £198.00 plus an additional saving of £55.00 as I have the house insurance and main car with them - total £143.00 for the year - that's getting on for half the price of AIB - strangely enough I have just swapped to Admiral.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2018 at 16:41, Barrykearley said:

I find that very strange indeed. @AIBinsurance cover 4 of my cars and my van - they’ve always been superb.

Only applies to Track cover , they do not offer standalone cover and  can only be added to road policy if your total insurance spend with them is over £5,000.

Appears they are out of the Track Insurance market

• 6 months later...

Just to add my experience, I was very dissapointed with the quote I got from AIB for my new GT410 Sport, their quote was over twice the price of Elephant/Admiral etc and AIB would have required me to fit a tracker (£700+) which Elephant/Admiral didnt.

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

Looks like this thread went quiet after a couple of negative comments last year but AIB have just saved me £230 on my Evora S SR compared to adding it onto my existing Aviva Plus Multicar policy! 😃

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• 4 weeks later...

What is their contact number. Need to get new cover on the Exige 430CUP and also looking for Tesla MXP cover too for my wife and I arriving imminently. 

Also is there a preferred person to speak to when dealing with them?

Edited by Guest