Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2014 TLF National Lotus Meet - April 20th @ MBW - Page 15 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2014 TLF National Lotus Meet - April 20th @ MBW

• Gold FFM

Excellent to see so many cars and owners, catch up with friends and meet some new folks particularly those who had travelled a long way to participate.  Thanks, Bibs, Laura, marshalls, judges and the MBW team for making it all run so smoothly.

I was never going to win anything in the concours but it gave me an incentive to give the car it's annual clay/polish/wax/sealant and hoover out the inside!  The added bonus was the parade laps, which turned out to be a bit more brisk than we'd been led to believe - the MBW instructor using Tom's car as the pace setter was clearly enjoying driving something with a bit of steering feedback ;)

Al and I had a few laps with a run up round the handling circle and a blast down the main straight (apologies for the wobbly phone video):

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Loads to upload when home. Thanks Bibs and all helpers - you don't know how much I enjoy these events! Superb. :D

0FCE3844-EEA2-46BF-856F-D8B429F631C9.jpg

09892F10-0623-4E89-8561-C7298062A4C4.jpg

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mrs "R" and myself really enjoyed our day at Brooklands ,and look forward to the next one , good to meet you Bibs ,and " Well Done " on a very great organised day sorry about the weather . Peter .

Thanks to Bibs et al for organising and running such a good event, despite the weather I had a really great time.

Here are a few of the "parade" laps! :w00t:  taken from my dash-cam.

(I know I let off very early down the straight, sadly it's because my brakes are rubbish! :scared: )

http://youtu.be/tzQupF89Rs0

http://youtu.be/z_38tlqTBFk

Regards,

Mark.

uploading now....will be working in a few minutes

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

Awesome day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great pictures so far, keep 'em coming :D

Huge thanks to the team at MBW for being such gracious and wonderful hosts, to Rob, Tom, Gisele and all. Thanks for the kind folks at Brooklands for all their help and the opportunity for the Concorde shots and a very, very big thanks to everyone who helped not only today but over the past few months putting this together, to Trevor, Barrie, Guy, Sparky, Wookie, Chris, Wilf, Pilko, Gary & Ivo and to everyone who made the effort to come along and make it such a terrific day, it would have been rubbish without you lot! A big thanks of course to Laura who got very wet and is hugely patient with me too! :D

Apologies for the weather, it's not what we ordered but the joy of the venue was that there was also plenty to do and see inside.

Well done to everyone who made some epic journeys from around the country, around Europe and indeed across the Atlantic, spectacular!

A very big thanks also on behalf of everyone to Malcolm and Aksela for braving the weather and spending the best part of 3 hours in the pouring rain getting all the Concorde shots amongst all the other pics!

Can't wait for next year :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks for organising a great event Bibs, looking forward to seeing the event grow in the future! Far better location than Donnington and better organised!

Great photo Jamie! I was looking at the rain on my Europa thinking it would make a great photo, unfortunately I didn't have a camera or the skill!! Great shot

• Like 1

Thanks for organising a great day Bibs, Laura et al. Great location for it, just a shame about the weather.

It was good to be able to put some faces to names, and also see some great cars.

Maybe the start was a tad too early. We need t choose a place with some :coffee: next time.

Chris

I really enjoyed the day and so did my 2 year old, even if he did fall asleep on the parade laps :lol:

I was hoping to put more faces to names and have a chat but the weather and parenting seemed to curtail that, which was a shame.

Thanks to all those who did the organising it was top rate :thumbsup:

Also, keep the photos coming, I didn't manage to take any myself.

Thanks to Bibs and the team for organizing an amazing day.

I really think you have the combination of an amazing event which could easily extend of the full weekend.

Ready for the next one.......

Cheers Simon

Loads to upload when home. Thanks Bibs and all helpers - you don't know how much I enjoy these events! Superb. :D

0FCE3844-EEA2-46BF-856F-D8B429F631C9.jpg

09892F10-0623-4E89-8561-C7298062A4C4.jpg

I thought I dream t this part........ but it did actually happen.

An amazing day.

Cheers again Simon 

Great day for me too, 474 mile round trip got me and my esprit properly acquainted after 2 years of washing, polishing and a raz round the block. Gonna bring the family next year (they can follow me) there was alot to see and doo, I thought the museum was great value and the concorde photographers deserve medals!!! The Mercedes element was immaculately put out and the members cars from here were exceptional, loved the sound of the evoras tearing up the strait too, would love an evora one day in the future.

Thankyou everyone who organised everything

• Gold FFM

Great day - well done Bibs & Laura.  Also Alan (temple) who mucked in and helped us out with the Concorde shoot.  The weather didn't hurt too much.  My only regret was not getting to chat with enough people!

Wonderful to be with my 2 cherished transport icons.

IMAG0695_zpsvnnpw9gb.jpg

IMAG0687_zps7gli0l2b.jpg

IMAG0675_zpswvesdsxd.jpg

IMAG0664_zps20nz1uii.jpg

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

What a fabulous day out!

A huge thank you to Bibs and his team of helpers for organising this – already looking forward to the next one.

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

To Bibs and his team of helpers thanks for arranging such a great event. Location provided plenty to do even in that weather.

Great job everyone.... esp the Concord photographers!