Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2014 TLF National Lotus Meet - April 20th @ MBW - Page 16 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2014 TLF National Lotus Meet - April 20th @ MBW

'Twas a touch soggy. My shoes are in the airing cupboard and may have dried out in a day or two...

Good fun though, the venue was great and very welcoming and is certainly worth a re-visit at some point in the future. I know Bibs will be in the process of putting together a small article all about the weekend, so stand by your beds.

IMG_0022_zpsfba5c5f7.jpg

No pics but a huge thank you to Laura and Bibs for organising the day.

It was really good to meet so many people and put faces to names.

A great day to remember despite the weather. At least next year the weather won't be worse..  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Excellent to see so many cars and owners, catch up with friends and meet some new folks particularly those who had travelled a long way to participate.  Thanks, Bibs, Laura, marshalls, judges and the MBW team for making it all run so smoothly.

I was never going to win anything in the concours but it gave me an incentive to give the car it's annual clay/polish/wax/sealant and hoover out the inside!  The added bonus was the parade laps, which turned out to be a bit more brisk than we'd been led to believe - the MBW instructor using Tom's car as the pace setter was clearly enjoying driving something with a bit of steering feedback ;)

Al and I had a few laps with a run up round the handling circle and a blast down the main straight (apologies for the wobbly phone video):

I recognise that rear end!

Fab day, even the weather couldn't spoil it. Just reinforces how lame Donnington had become.

Will post some pictures soon.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Got to add my thanks to Bibs et al for a *really* awesome day.  Never seen so many stunning cars in one place.  The weather didn't seem to matter much, lots to see and do.  Great drive down too.

Above all, a real pleasure to meet some of the good folks on here at last and compare notes: sooo good to witter on about timing belts, leather treatments and radiators for ages and not feel like you're boring people!

That concours was a real tribute to owners, and loads of cars outside the concours which were well up to that standard - that gorgeous maroon Elan S3 with the silver roof?  Forgot how good the NA early Esprit S3s look in the flesh.  But the racing Esprit S1 needed a special award for pure sound quality down the straight!

Sign me up for next year!  And I will pay good money for a Concorde pic if such a thing happens again.

Thanks to Bibs and Laura and all the designated stewards for organising everything and standing in the rain all day.

Great to see everyone again and meet some new owners.  I do just love seeing all these cars together and how enthusiastic people are about their own.

Looking forward to doing it again already! :D

Cheers Guys!

Well done Bibs, Laura, Sparky, Internets, Wookie, Bazza, Malcom, Pilko and no doubt a few more. Thanks also to MBW for hosting and Brooklands for their entry discount and allowing us to get up close to Concorde. Nice to chat to many people I only ever hear of on the forum and next year will be better still.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I would like to echo the above sentiments. A fantastic event that was very well organised by Bibs and the team. Many thanks to all those involved, from the marshals to the judges... it was great to see Barrie and Guy in their element with the Concourse which I think was a fantastic addition to the day.

Really great to see old faces again and chat with everyone, there were many I didn't get to catch up with and look forward to in due course.

Congratulations to everyone involved in the organisation and also so many people for making the trek down/up/across!

Great day - thanks to everyone involved in making it so.  Much appreciated.

Thinking back to Brands, that's the second one on the trot I've attended where my feet have become soaked and the journey home was something of an ordeal.  That'll do now - nice and dry for Castle Combe please!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Great day  :thumbup:

Can't say thank you enough to Bibs and the team who cheerfully braved the elements throughout :unworthy:

Guest surferphil

I'm siiiinging in the rain just siiiinging in the rain......

DSC02726_zps7e739752.jpg

It could have been the end of the world or the fiery pit of hell and he'd still be happy basking in the glow of the aviation masterpiece that is Concorde. the unsung Hero of the day!   :rambo:

Banking crisis

DSC02733_zps4621d887.jpg

Who said public transport wasn't sexy!?

DSC02725_zps92ae8688.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work Chris, good to meet you and your magnificent car too.

Here's another FYEO special.

2bondsno2_zpsc14e0925.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

It was fairly chucking it down, wasn't it?

Great photos anyway. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)