Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 128 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 hours ago, Giniw said:

(the thumbnails shows a (praised) S1 Elise but of course I set the time-code to an Essex Esprit)

I enjoyed watching that, some very nice cars. Like the Europa JPS at 10:00. 😎

A bit surprised Harry was going on about the mileage, for example on the Europa. He doesn't seem to mind driving and adding the miles to his own cars. Of course he does have plenty to split the miles between...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 06/03/2022 at 08:39, Gis said:

Twin turbo as seen at Goodwood park hotel today. Unfortunately minus the Goodwood racetrack.. 

869C843C-526D-4C2A-8F2B-E575689924E8.jpeg

I have always liked the 911, but this photo is a good reminder of why I like the Esprit more.  :) 

• Like 2

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

8 minutes ago, Tony K said:

I have always liked the 911, but this photo is a good reminder of why I like the Esprit more.  :) 

It has got an incredible side profile hasn’t it!😎

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jep said:

Lovely....but his original design without ears and add-ons is supreme, though if driving S3 or Turbo Esprit every time.

Great snap.

Although its worth remembering that the Turbo is still all his design, including the ruched leather trim.

• Like 1

Not sure Bobby Bell agreed.....Bell and Colvill did a Turbo Esprit (after the S1 turbo they did) prior to Lotus and in conversation with Bobby some years ago, he said Lotus copied quite a bit of it.  Probably it didn't have ruched leather (no loss).

Justin 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jep said:

Lotus copied quite a bit of it. 

But not the visual design. They did appear to use it as a start point for the engine upgrade though.

The body and interior changes were all Guigiaro including the rear spoiler which Lotus had to "disable" by the small tweak on the top of the tailgate.

• Like 1

That is not how Bobby saw it. He said to me they did a version with compomotive wheels and body changes that Lotus copied.

Hearsay now but that is the conversation I had.

Justin 

11 hours ago, scott said:

The team at Hethel also catered for the purity of the earlier cars, with a White S1 in Design Studio whilst in the Retail Space we added a Yellow S1, and a stunning 1 owner Red S2 - though due to various constraints the Turbo had to do the job for 1980 – 1987. There's beauty in all of these. Mr Giugiaro was delighted to be reunited with examples of his earlier works, and his visit provided me with an opportunity to personally thank him for styling a car that I’ve thought about, perhaps every day, for 45 years. A Genius of his craft, and a Gentleman.   

GG 3.jpg

GG 2.jpg

GG 4.jpg

Thanks for sharing these additional pictures Scott, especially great to see him next to his original design in the S1!

Edited by Nu_S1