Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 114 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Another pic of the esprit  from inside the showroom. £12995 - a bargain if this was at that price now.

esp1.JPG

• Like 2

Great ad. Were not Excel SE nearly £30K new in 1987 (D reg)? What year is the advert? 1992? Excel had a steep depreciation curve but then almost stop depreciating after circa 5 years old.

Justin

1 minute ago, jep said:

Excel had a steep depreciation curve but then almost stop depreciating after circa 5 years old.

Not as steep a curve as the white HC Turbo Esprit. One minute its advertised at £15950, the next its £12995.

11 minutes ago, jep said:

Great ad. Were not Excel SE nearly £30K new in 1987 (D reg)? What year is the advert? 1992? Excel had a steep depreciation curve but then almost stop depreciating after circa 5 years old.

Justin

Excel SE were around 27k in 1990 ish, the one I bought in 1991 was London lotus' demo from 1990, I paid 20k. Have also found an add from April 1992.

I used to keep the pages from autotrader etc where there were Lotus cars listed. Then several years ago I photo'd them to cut down on paper... What a really interesting thing to do..

DSCF0229.JPG

5 minutes ago, jep said:

I do love a Triumph, Dolly Sprint is a fine wagon.

The wife and also my mother had a number of Dollies... Saw one the other day and they look quite slim and small. Had reasonable interiors though for the time.

That esprit you bought would have gone up in value quite a bit. Seen restored ones listed for almost 100k.

Yep, Dolly Sprint interior is an all-time classic. Very comfy and the one I had was exceptionally well built. 1979 MY. I bought it in 2010 and ran it for 20,000 miles or so.

I loved my S1 Esprit but I am probably not the right owner these days for one. I sold mine to Japan in 1996.

Justin

• Like 1

I bought my first Excel on the day the first Gulf War started - was listening to it on the train to Norwich to NMC. Cost £14k - 1987 SE. Most expensive car I had bought before getting a couple of new Mazdas in 2019.

3 different Esprits at Brands Hatch in 1983, one may have been from B&C  , this was a GP practice day. What a WOW for the black esprit.

scan11red.jpg

A new esprit outside another dealer since closed , looks like a new elite s2 and an éclat s2 as well.

Now who knows which this dealer it was....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

A new esprit outside another dealer since closed , looks like a new elite s2 and an éclat s2 as well.

This dealer was Portman, located at Denham in Bucks, not far from the old Denham film studios, between Uxbridge and Rickmansworth. Don't think the dealer lasted very long.  May be they were hoping to get a car in the studios.

21 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

3 different Esprits at Brands Hatch in 1983, one may have been from B&C  , this was a GP practice day. What a WOW for the black esprit.

scan11red.jpg

600 LOT is the plate on the S1 turbo Bobby Bell did in the 70s. Clearly he used the plate on other cars later. 

Justin 

Scott Walker perhaps? Or Andy who know owns Bell and Colvill? He likes a good number plate. I would be surprised if Bobby sold it having clearly transferred it to later cars - unless he already had.

600 LOT is still on a red Lotus according to DVLA. 

Justin 

7 minutes ago, jep said:

Scott Walker perhaps? Or Andy who know owns Bell and Colvill? He likes a good number plate. I would be surprised if Bobby sold it having clearly transferred it to later cars - unless he already had.

600 LOT is still on a red Lotus according to DVLA. 

Justin 

MOT expired March 2011, very low mileage on the history...

Scott likes Esprits.

I should print that and put it on the wall in the Workshop. 🙂

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.