Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 26 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

I think your first idea was a better one - car would look better with black bumpers and black mirrors. But hey....its your car so whatever you do will be right for you!

Hi Andy

I'd definitely return the louvres to black, and get the correct sized decal for the front.

I've owned my 82 Esprit for so long that I cannot imagine it with black bumpers and mirrors, however, if I were you I'd change yours back to black as you can always return them to be colour coded if you find you prefer them that way.

Chris

Unless it's a dry sump, body coloured bumpers are just fine, but I agree about the louvres. Shame I didn't get a chance for a close up look at your car today. Too busy admiring Chris's car's interior again! 

Its not a dry sump. The louvres are definitely going back to black.

Actually the white essex-striped dry sump car I used to own had white mirrors from the factory.

The other non-standard issue with this car are the door speakers but I think they will have to stay.

post-16906-0-68424700-1431290616.jpg

I Love the Interior! looks very shinny and nicely red!

i hope my car looks the same soon,

and i think also the mirrors and bumpers and louvres black again,

then you have a great car! (and ofcourse the decal on the front)

+1 more for black mirrors, bumpers, and louvers. There is something to be said for contrast and how the black bumpers help "frame" the angles of the car between.

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

I know it's like picking 'the best looking supermodel' but surely the S2 must now be considered the best looking of a very good looking bunch?

The S1 can't be surpassed for purity but the proportions of the S2 are just exquisite.

And that's from S3 Turbo owner! I feel a poll coming on.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I know it's like picking 'the best looking supermodel' but surely the S2 must now be considered the best looking of a very good looking bunch?

There's hardcore of us on here been preaching that gospel for years!

PS on the black bumper posts earlier...+2; black bumpers rule!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Been meaning to get some shots in the field next door and finally got around to it today.

I think the yellow makes a nice contrast with the black ( as per the liquid yellow & black shiny bits thread) and bees.

IMG_80981_zpskyzvfqc2.jpg

IMG_80891_zpsrxdaqkgk.jpg

IMG_80951_zpstwcdtort.jpg

Si

• Like 2

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Washing up on Friday

post-15107-0-88776400-1431942832.jpg

And posing on Saturday in a beautiful location, after a spirited drive. Apparently we were supposed to spot several nice castles along the route, but we concentrated on driving and navigating instead.

post-15107-0-33908000-1431942810.jpg

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Washing up on Friday

attachicon.gifGDR5.jpg

And posing on Saturday in a beautiful location, after a spirited drive. Apparently we were supposed to spot several nice castles along the route, but we concentrated on driving and navigating instead.

attachicon.gifGDR6.jpg

Filip

Filip,

What color is your interior?  I always wanted a silver Esprit SE with a grey interior, but I am not sure those even exist.

Philip

Edited by lotusespritse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were 17 Lotii at the Pendle Powerfest on Bank holiday sunday, two europas two elans an M100 and an excel along with a good supply of elises and exiges. These two Esprits were also in attendance....

Phil

post-3370-0-25248400-1433537282.jpg

• Like 2

I have seen the pictures, the S2 you mean,?