Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 53 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Thanks to the early Compomotive wheels, no! It is driveable on my spare set but waiting for the wheels to be put right after being ruined by the refurbers!

Think there should be an OCD thread on here, Obsessive Compomotive Disorder. Probably double the thread up with Tourette's as that will be a natural development.

Trevor.

• Like 2

I'll get around to it at some point.

Just looking through some pictures and found a pic of my Turbo in the paint shop "naked" without any of the big graphics. Also without the waist trim. 

Have to say the all-white S1-ish look is not at all bad.

DSCN8872.jpg

• Like 2

Andy that looks like a very cool bodyshop, lots of racing body parts, I think the black waist line band and the stripes and turbo badges break the car up well, the turbo looks a bit of a chunky monkey imo without the decals etc as the lower turbo sills stand out to much.

• Like 2

A

The mirrors were my one "Its my car so I do what I want" choice. It was nostalgia really, the Turbo I owned from 1984-92 was white with Essex stripes and white mirrors from the factory. I reckoned they would be dead easy to put back to black if desired.

Bodyshop was Surface and Design who I can thoroughly recommend. They only do fibreglass so they know exactly what they are doing.

Not a pretty picture, and i will not show you what body went on this chassis as people would cry, I just goes to show how prices have changed on the esprit, dated 2007 and purchased by someone off ebay for the grand sum of  28 pounds back then :o  You would not even get a S2 petrol cap for that now let alone a full S2 rolling chassis on speedlines alloy wheels. :blush:esprit_chassis.jpg

• Like 1

A

A member of these forums was doing an F40 replica on an esprit s3 chassis a few years back, probably one of the best fiberglass dimension wise i have seen, he has not posted in a while though so not sure if it ever came near completion though :(

A

On 10/09/2016 at 09:30, Andyww said:

Have to say the all-white S1-ish look is not at all bad.

14311480_826876864116018_2964391825774231211_o.jpg

Agree wholeheartedly. I spotted this white turbo on a re-run of 5th gear, fleeting across the screen for a second or two at a Swedish racetrack (yes I know the car is Norwegian!)

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Sad Sad day...

Last run for the Esprit today... stabil in and a little ride in the mountains to mix it well:blush:.

I will keep the other one on the road for october though... just in case.

Just cleaning it and polishing it before the cover goes on is an event in itself... the car being black.

WP_20160913_001.jpg

• Like 1

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!